Newly Discovered Factor in Androgenetic Alopecia. The Cure is Near?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys. I have been following this thread for a little while and am grateful for all of your hard work. I am no science mind but I see the tallk of glutathoine lately. Just want to put in my two cents and say that I read an article where people were praising undenatured whey protein for its ability to increase glutathoine. So, I bought some and have been taking it and can say that I feel a difference. On a side note.... Its apparently such a potent detoxifier that they warn you to start slow with the stuff. Like I said I am no science mind but to me the diet/hairloss connection is intimate.

What Im doing now that is making a difference.

Undenatured whey protein - supposedly increases glutathoine

Coconut oil topical

Eating more fats - This one has made a huge difference. And not just taking fish oil at night. Eating fats with my meals. Fats transport some pretty critical vitamins and can say I feel a huge difference. Each cell is 40% fat. I can defenitly say I feel better. My skin feels more pliable and foregiving.

My humble two cents.

Undenatured whey is awesome.. but transdermal glutathione is even better! it gets slowly all day in you system instead of having one or 2 dose a day which is rapidly metabolized.. really good stuff! healthy fats are awesome. Omega 3 oil, Borage oil, Sesamin oil, Tocotrienols ,Coconut oil and avocados! yep frigging avocados!

jimmy360

Reaction score
.. but transdermal glutathione is even better! it gets slowly all day in you system instead of having one or 2 dose a day which is rapidly metabolized.. really good stuff!

Squeegee,

Are you using transdermal glutanthione? How has it helped, and where do you get it?

Good work posting all those studies even though I don't know what most of them mean. Haha. Where do you find those things?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
- - - Updated - - -

Undenatured whey is awesome.. but transdermal glutathione is even better! it gets slowly all day in you system instead of having one or 2 dose a day which is rapidly metabolized.. really good stuff! healthy fats are awesome. Omega 3 oil, Borage oil, Sesamin oil, Tocotrienols ,Coconut oil and avocados! yep frigging avocados!
All that stuff won't bring me back from an nw5 to an nw1 so whats the point? Good health? I would concur that that is a worthy cause in and of itself but irrelevant to solving hair losssss.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
All that stuff won't bring me back from an nw5 to an nw1 so whats the point? Good health? I would concur that that is a worthy cause in and of itself but irrelevant to solving hair losssss.

Glutathione kills oxidative stress and inflammation straight by shutting down NF-KB (IKK). Glutathione levels is low in Androgen Alopecia. Am I NW5? No. I am looking for the absolute cure? no. so that makes you post being irrelevant.

[h=1]Glutathione, glutathione S-transferase and reactive oxygen species of human scalp sebaceous glands in male pattern baldness.[/h]Giralt M, Cervello I, Nogues MR, Puerto AM, Ortin F, Argany N, Mallol J.
[h=3]Source[/h]Unit of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University "Rovira i Virgili," Reus, Spain.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]We investigated the contribution of reactive oxygen species to the development of sebaceous gland hyperplasia and the characteristics of the glutathione S-transferase/glutathione system in male pattern baldness. Glutathione S-transferase, glutathione, and thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances were determined in sebaceous gland-enriched scalp skin of men affected by male pattern baldness and were subjected to hair autotransplantation. In comparison with the hairy occipital-donor areas, the following results were obtained in alopecic frontoparietal samples: glutathione S-transferase-specific activity increased 7-fold (p < 0.001); enzyme affinity towards 1-chloro-2,4-dinitrobenzene decreased 2-fold (p = 0.009); glutathione content decreased 2.5-fold (p = 0.017); and thiobarbituric acid reactive substances increased 2-fold (p = 0.006). Chromatofocusing analysis, bromosulfophthalein IC50 values, enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, and immunohistochemistry with polyclonal antibodies raised against glutathione S-transferases alpha, mu, and pi demonstrated the presence of alpha, pi, and probably the 5.8 alpha isoenzymes in the sebaceous gland. These results support the hypothesis that reactive oxygen species are involved in the pathogenesis of sebaceous gland hyperplasia in male pattern baldness.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
So what are we looking at for transdermal glutathione options??

- - - Updated - - -

http://mxl.myvoffice.com/pdf/en/glutathione_study.pdf

Supposedly there is solid clinical backing for this product...

- - - Updated - - -

In addition to the FACTS stated on post about MaxGXL, here is what Dr. John C. Nelson stated about the product and its inventor.

“This product, in my opinion,represents the single most important breakthrough in health that I will witness in my life time.

I believe it will revolutionize, change, and transform the practice of medicine world-wide and make Dr Robert Keller more famous than
Jonas Salk who created the polio vaccine.”

Dr. John C. Nelson, 159th President of the American Medical Association

abcdefg

Reaction score
I am close to Norwood 1 and I would be happy just keeping my hair without sacrificing my health with propecia. You would think keeping hair would be easier then regrowing it but I guess its too much to ask for.

akp22191

Reaction score
Hey I though I should share something that I just found when I was searching about the whole PGD2 cure thing.

http://www.oxagen.co.uk/crth2-1.htm

If you look at the website for oxagen by clicking on that link, you can see that they have a CRTH2 inhibitor almost ready to be completed. If you look at the very bottom OC2286, it says suitable for topical use, selectivity, & potency established.

I mean why would someone need a topical for asthma? Could it be that they're working on a topical form for male pattern baldness, where it blocks the CRTH2 receptor hence limiting PGD2 on the scalp? It's already been identified that the CRTH2 and GPR44 pathways are the ones that need to be blocked in order to lower the PGD2 on the scalp.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey I though I should share something that I just found when I was searching about the whole PGD2 cure thing.

http://www.oxagen.co.uk/crth2-1.htm

If you look at the website for oxagen by clicking on that link, you can see that they have a CRTH2 inhibitor almost ready to be completed. If you look at the very bottom OC2286, it says suitable for topical use, selectivity, & potency established.

I mean why would someone need a topical for asthma? Could it be that they're working on a topical form for male pattern baldness, where it blocks the CRTH2 receptor hence limiting PGD2 on the scalp? It's already been identified that the CRTH2 and GPR44 pathways are the ones that need to be blocked in order to lower the PGD2 on the scalp.

Interesting ****! Topical form would be for eg an allergic skin reaction... However, it could also be used to apply on your head i guess

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
[h=1]Transcutaneous PO2 of the scalp in male pattern baldness: a new piece to the puzzle.[/h]Goldman BE, Fisher DM, Ringler SL.
[h=3]Source[/h]Department of Plastic Surgery, Butterworth Hospital, Grand Rapids, Mich., USA.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Our study was designed to measure the transcutaneous PO2 of the scalp to determine if there was a relative microvascular insufficiency and associated tissue hypoxia in areas of hair loss in male pattern baldness. A controlled prospective study was performed at Butterworth Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan. Eighteen nonsmoking male volunteers aged 18 years and older were studied. Nine men had male pattern baldness (Juri degree II or III), and nine were controls (no male pattern baldness). Scalp temperature and transcutaneous PO2 were obtained at frontal and temporal sites in each subject. Peripheral circulation was assessed from postocclusive transcutaneous PO2 recovery time by means of maximum initial slope measurements. Statistical significance was assessed at p < 0.05. There was no significant difference in scalp temperature between male pattern baldness subjects and controls. Temporal scalp blood flow was significantly higher than frontal scalp blood flow in male pattern baldness subjects; however, there was no significant difference in controls. Transcutaneous PO2 was significantly lower in bald frontal scalp (32.2 +/- 2.0 mmHg) than in hair-bearing temporal scalp (51.8 +/- 4.4 mmHg) in men with male pattern baldness. In controls, there was no significant difference in transcutaneous PO2 of frontal scalp (53.9 +/- 3.5 mmHg) and temporal scalp (61.4 +/- 2.7 mmHg). Transcutaneous PO2 also was significantly lower in the frontal scalp of male pattern baldness subjects (32.2 +/- 2.0 mmHg) than in either frontal or temporal scalp of controls (53.9 +/- 3.5 mmHg and 61.4 +/- 2.7 mmHg, respectively). There is a relative microvascular insufficiency to regions of the scalp that lose hair in male pattern baldness. We have identified a previously unreported tissue hypoxia in bald scalp compared with hair-bearing scalp.

[h=1]The role of hypoxia in atherosclerosis.[/h]Hultén LM, Levin M.
[h=3]Source[/h]Sahlgrenska Center for Cardiovascular and Metabolic Research, Wallenberg Laboratory, University of Gothenburg, Sweden. Lillemor.Mattsson@wlab.gu.se

[h=3]Abstract[/h][h=4]PURPOSE OF REVIEW:[/h]It is important to address the factors involved in the progression of atherosclerosis because advanced atherosclerotic lesions are prone to rupture, leading to disability or death. Hypoxic areas are known to be present in human atherosclerotic lesions, and lesion progression is associated with the formation of lipid-loaded macrophages and increased local inflammation. Here we summarize the role of hypoxia in the development of advanced atherosclerotic lesions by promoting lipid accumulation, inflammation, ATP depletion, and angiogenesis.
[h=4]RECENT FINDINGS:[/h]A recent study clearly demonstrated the presence of hypoxia in macrophage-rich regions of advanced human carotid atherosclerotic lesions. We showed that hypoxia increases the formation of lipid droplets in macrophages and promotes increased secretion of inflammatory mediators, and recent evidence indicates that lipid droplets may play a role in mediating the inflammatory response. Hypoxia also promotes lesion progression by exacerbating ATP depletion and lactate accumulation, and the presence of hypoxia in human carotid atherosclerotic lesions correlates with angiogenesis.
[h=4]SUMMARY:[/h]Recent studies indicate that hypoxia may play a key role in the progression to advanced lesions by promoting lipid accumulation, increased inflammation, ATP depletion, and angiogenesis. Further understanding of the effects of hypoxia in atherosclerotic lesions could indicate potential therapeutic targets.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
So inflammation is the major problem. What are the best tips for taking measures against inflammation? Certain topical oils..? CIT..?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
So inflammation is the major problem. What are the best tips for taking measures against inflammation? Certain topical oils..? CIT..?

Inflammation is the problem for any skin disorder..but the point being is what is doing the inflammation....I get inflammations on the pores of my leg and arm hair all the time, and those hairs DO NOT fall out...

...So inflammation is the problem...but there must be sub-levels to the inflammation process that is unique to male pattern baldness....

Sparky4444

Reaction score

So DHT is formed in the scalp cells ONLY after testosterone enters the cell?? Does free-form DHT in our blood-stream have any affect??? If all the Equol I have been taking has been binding to DHT in my bloodstream, but not binding to DHT in the scalp, then no wonder I've seen no results..and this would explain why Akds has seen cessation by topical application of Equol..

If this is the case, then topical DHT inhibitors is one way to go...it seems more and more apparent that topical's is going to be the only way to really hammer this...

NotEnough

Reaction score
"Progesterone also serves as a precursor in the production of other important hormones, including estrogen and cortisone. Progesterone-based hormone therapies can also be effective in treating hair loss. Progesterone inhibits an enzyme, 5-alpha reductase. Progesterone prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone or DHT that is a biologically active metabolite in the body. DHT is considered to be responsible for damaging hair follicles and an important factor in hair loss." From LIVESTRONG. My regimen includes 1) Progesterone, LDN, and the systematic elimination of ALL vitamin supplementation intake with any additives - namely the ones killing us - the sulfer/sulfite based preservatives, as well as synthetic chemicals which are "so called vitamins" such as Vitamin B12 with
cyanocobalamin (cyanide based). ASK yourself a question. Isn't it crazy that the more diligent you are in caring for your body and related hair loss, the worse you get? Check out real vitamins with NO ADDITIVES and PRESERVATIVES. You will absolutely love the sickly cold sweat you get when you are detoxing from so called "vitamins". Indeed, inflammation is the key and root of all evil, and the reason for that evil is hiding in plain sight. Get off the preservatives gentleman. Please.

resu

Reaction score
Inflammation is the problem for any skin disorder..but the point being is what is doing the inflammation....I get inflammations on the pores of my leg and arm hair all the time, and those hairs DO NOT fall out...

...So inflammation is the problem...but there must be sub-levels to the inflammation process that is unique to male pattern baldness....

Mine do, I no longer even have hairs on my feet.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Increased or naturally higher in that region?
I think that a healthy scalp have the same concentration of 5 alfa reductase in all zones of scalp, And, very important key, all persons start with a healthy scalp......
then, why 5 alfa reductase is increased only in some areas? and when?