New Year's Resolutions For 2018 -- Wow Time Flies !

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
We're a few weeks early, but might as well post now as it can make for fun discussion. I don't buy into the cliche of new year's resolutions, as I have a history of actually following them and pursuing my goals.

Anyway, I'll keep it brief:

1) Watch at least one good movie a week.

I'm a film buff, or rather I have been. That aspect of my personality was on hold in 2017 and that's too bad, I simply did not watch that many movies, let alone good movies. There are lots of great movies out there. There are in fact more great movies than I could ever have time to watch. I should get back in touch with this side of myself and watch more movies and more documentaries.

Movies are to our age as paintings are to the renaissance and sculptures to the Greco-Roman age, and I'm capable of appreciating it ... so I should.

What I did watch in 2017, aside from Blockbusters and a few arthouse movies like Personal Shopper, Lion, and Elle, were a lot of WWII and holocaust documentaries. That's not bad of course. There's good stuff in there, but I know that in 2015 and 2016 I watched a lot more, and I also wrote decent reviews. I don't know what I should prioritize this year. Maybe something weird, like systematically go through every movie that got a best director academy award nomination in the 1970s. I should also get around to watching Commando. And hanging out with my movie club more, they tend to avoid blockbusters and emphasize mid-sized movies.

2) Master the art of cooking meat and fish.

I've practiced cooking and baking a lot in recent years. I'm actually pretty good at several dishes ... and it turns out that they're mostly vegetarian dishes. I make great dessert pies, great salads. For a recent Thanksgiving potluck, I contributed roasted pumpkin and feta, squash delicate agrodolce, cranberry sauce, and a strawberry rhubarb pie. People loved my food. It not only tasted good, but I was able to prepare it in an efficient manner, which is important !

But that doesn't make for complete meals, pseudoscience from self-righteous vegans notwithstanding. Meat and fish are wonderful, they're healthy, they also take more time, they're very appreciated at dinner parties, and yes: they're more masculine to prepare.

I don't do it as much now, I love meat and fish, but I tend to have them in restaurant. It will take more skill to learn to do properly, but I'm sure that I can do it. I'll start by buying a basic gas BBQ in either January or February, and using it at least once a week.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
For movies in 2018...
So excited to watch Avengers Infinity war movie.

My cousin bro has been selected to work in Post production of Avengers movie.

Screenshot_20171206-092017.png

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope to become a normal functioning man like you guys... and actually get interested in something like movies, cooking, motorbikes etc.
Just a few years ago I was so full of life! Hard to believe this a**h** I see in the mirror now used to be such an happy guy, despite his troubles.

Anyway, my resolution is to find out where I stand with my hair loss and make a long-tern plan, whatever it is.
If I'm fucked..... then I want to be able to stop whining and find ways to enjoy whatever little fraction of the old me is still alive. I want to be able to have skin thick enough to understand my sub-humanness and not keep panicking all the time because of it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope to become a normal functioning man like you guys... and actually get interested in something like movies, cooking, motorbikes etc.
Just a few years ago I was so full of life! Hard to believe this a**h** I see in the mirror now used to be such an happy guy, despite his troubles.

Anyway, my resolution is to find out where I stand with my hair loss and make a long-tern plan, whatever it is.
If I'm fucked..... then I want to be able to stop whining and find ways to enjoy whatever little fraction of the old me is still alive. I want to be able to have skin thick enough to understand my sub-humanness and not keep panicking all the time because of it.

What hit me a while back, was a comment a female friend made over gmail chat:
"We used to have so many interesting conversations, now you only talk about looks",
It's part of what contributed to my desire to try a few new things lately.

But in the meantime, the first step to your resolution is starting a dedicated thread, including quality pictures and a description of your current status. Have you done so?

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
"We used to have so many interesting conversations, now you only talk about looks",

But in the meantime, the first step to your resolution is starting a dedicated thread, including quality pictures and a description of your current status. Have you done so?

What are the things you tried?
Yeah, this disease made me obsessed with looks too.

As for the suggestion, it's right on the money. I shave my head regularly. Just looking to grow my hair out for a few days and post it. The dedicated thread is here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-when-you-are-beyond-hair-transplants.110266/
Please take a minute to look through the pictures I posted and let me know what you think.

New research suggests that sucking @razzmatazz91's dick once a day can help regrow hair all over your scalp.
Are you in for Phase I?

Hey, no hate bro. Just harmless fun. don't want to trigger your *** lol.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

You talk about looks IRL with females?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the things you tried?
Took time off dating lately, I had 16 first dates this year and then I took a break sometime around August I think. It was taking up too much psychological capital.

Lately: more cooking classes, more cooking, organized and co-organized a few get-togethers with friends, dance classes, yoga classes, working out, significant therapy, volounteering at the animal shelter.

As for the suggestion, it's right on the money. I shave my head regularly. Just looking to grow my hair out for a few days and post it. The dedicated thread is here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-when-you-are-beyond-hair-transplants.110266/
Please take a minute to look through the pictures I posted and let me know what you think.
Will do, feel free to remind me if I don't.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Took time off dating lately, I had 16 first dates this year and then I took a break sometime around August I think. It was taking up too much psychological capital.

Lately: more cooking classes, more cooking, organized and co-organized a few get-togethers with friends, dance classes, yoga classes, working out, significant therapy, volounteering at the animal shelter.

Good on you.... sounds like progress of a kind. What's your hair status BTW? And are you good looking? What's your age?
16 first dates? Well, sh*t son! :)

Will do, feel free to remind me if I don't.

Thanks.
I can do better. I'll pm you the pictures when I take some new ones.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good on you.... sounds like progress of a kind. What's your hair status BTW? And are you good looking? What's your age?
16 first dates? Well, sh*t son! :)

Thanks.
I can do better. I'll pm you the pictures when I take some new ones.

I'm approximately a 4.5/10. You can find pictures of me in my thread, the first page for the starter pictures and the last couple pages for more recent (modest) progress pics:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ox-minoxidil-ru-oral-castor-other-oils.99202/

I just turned 34.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me

1. Start a cryptocurrency Youtube channel
2. Make 25% returns on my stocks
3. Have sex with at least 8 women (At least 4 7+/10 and 2 8+/10)
4. Get a girlfriend (unlikely tho)
5. Buy a house by end of 2018
6. Get a job (even if it's a part time Mcdonalds job)
7. Watch 50 films
8. Make 200k in crypto gains
9. Make 25% returns on my stocks

I don't think new years resolutions have ever decreased or increased the chances of any of the resolutions occurring for me though. Mainly just want to start a Youtube channel too most of all and be consistent about it. Also maybe change my 4 year old Facebook photo.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me

7. Watch 50 films

I don't think new years resolutions have ever decreased or increased the chances of any of the resolutions occurring for me though. Mainly just want to start a Youtube channel too most of all and be consistent about it. Also maybe change my 4 year old Facebook photo.

Need link to that cryptocurrency channel when it's up, teach me masta, i like money

Baldingat188

Reaction score
For me

7. Watch 50 films

How are you thinking of buying a house if you don't have a job?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you thinking of buying a house if you don't have a job?

Because I have hundreds of thousands of dollars and so do my parents who can use their incomes to borrow a sizeable amount. Likely looking at a deposit + taxes around 200k between us. Planning to use it as a rental property too in the short term.

If the crypto doesn't pop as much as I expect I would have to get a job, but even if it does another 5x (and I've made more than that already) it won't be an issue.

I have a finance and a liberal arts degree with decent grades so it shouldn't be too hard if I really need to get a good graduate job. Would prefer casual hours though.

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, all my NY years resolutions stem from the damage done to me by hair loss, transplants and finasteride.

1) finally shave my f*****g head, down to a one.
2) throw all the hair loss products, including minoxidil in the f*****g trash
3) the hardest one - think less about what my family and society thinks of me solely based on my appearance.
4) undo the damage it has done to me. quit drinking, work more, get out more, see women, etc...
5) do whatever I can to get my hormones and my body back to normal.

and the biggest one - be even more active in the hair loss community informing people about the dangers of transplants and finasteride.