New Vpa+wounding Delivery Method From Ky Choi

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting all people know that DHT acts as a hairgrowth, ..., at least in body hair. I would like to hear how this PhD guy explains it.
It is call a Paradox. Till them we have no idea if this mechanism is the universally regenerate hair follicles.

Thats true for body hair as it increases IGF-1. Why do you need an explaination for that? You know exactly that when you started getting body hair at the same time the balding process slowly starts kicking in.

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
South Korean government Ministry for Science and Technology announces that a team led by the Professor of Biotechnology at it's most prestigious research university has discovered a new protein that inhibits hair growth in human cells and have developed a biochemical to stop it. Theoretically proposing a full and complete cure and reversal for Androgenetic Alopecia.

An extensive and highly detailed study is released showing the protein's role in hair growth and suggesting its role in Androgenetic Alopecia.

The study shows, in an extensive and highly detailed way, a synergistic effect between the biochemical they have developed and VPA, to be a powerful, potential therapeutic option.

People b**ch, moan. "Mouse study", "10 - 20 - 30 years away", "will never happen", "pointless academic research with no intention to develop".

3 months later same guy releases study on using Dissolvable Microneedles to deliver VPA to hair follicles.

People b**ch, moan. "Mouse study", "10 - 20 - 30 years away", etc.

Meanwhile everyone is hyping to skies the potential release of a liposomal equol lotion with a weak theoretical basis and no reliable studies.

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica must rush to release its treatment to the market to treat skin disorders (male pattern baldness).

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why? It looks like this would make them utterly redundant.

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But what exactly is DPM in the term "DPM-VPA"?

"DMN" stands for Dissolving MicroNeedles; you may be combining ptd-dbm and dmn; ptd-dbm is from the previous study from ky choi which is an inhibitor of cxxc5. cxxc5 was a molecule that when bound to other proteins, inhibits hair growth, and the inhibition of this binding stimulated follicular neogenesis

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 years and this guy will still be "researching"

take it with a grain of salt but the reddit "insider" (who correctly called that this study would be released before it was so he does know something) said that this research was started in 2013

now consider that this lab has released two related studies within three months, this one improving upon the first. obviously theyre excited about something and eager to get their work/patents published

finally, look at the excerpt of the email from ky choi in the op; they were working on the druggability of the original molecule a couple months ago... imagine where they are right now

el_rizos

Reaction score
When can we know something? I can not wait anymore, I'm desperate. Do you know if we can contact them to ask for information or to know when they think they can put the drug on sale?

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When can we know something? I can not wait anymore, I'm desperate. Do you know if we can contact them to ask for information or to know when they think they can put the drug on sale?

well know something in august when dr ky choi speaks at an international derm conference in japan https://twitter.com/Derma2018/status/925577856989593600

keep in mind ky choi is a cancer researcher by trade so the fact that hes speaking at a derm conference out of nowhere after publishing two groundbreaking hair research studies is big

also if youre keen, on pages 19-20 in the original thread about the first paper published (https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-material-to-prevent-hair-loss.109920/page-19) @Sanchez1234 was contacting a well known independent lab about making ptd-dbm, of which user @OFXMBLD had a good guess at the amino acid sequence in that thread, and the lab was willing and responded, but idk where this lead went

this is what the lab said:

"His response:

Thank you for your kind reply.
http://jem.rupress.org/content/jem/212/7/1061.full.pdf
AS mentioned in the article on page 12, PTD-DBM is not CXXC5 or CXXC4. So we have to figure out what its structure is. If you know in the future, you can contact me at anytime, and I believe we can try to synthesize it. Thank you wery much.

Best Wishes,
Gang Luo"

his email is service@2hpharm.com if someone wants to contact him with the updated message from OFX below:

this is what @OFXMBLD said in response regarding the amino acid sequence of ptd-dbm:
"He misunderstood. RRRRRRRRGGGGRKTGHQICKFRKC is PTD-DBM. R8 is the protein transduction domain, that allows DBM to penetrate through the cell wall. GGGG is the glycerin linker. RKTGHQICKFRKC is the peptide which relates to CXXC5 and CXXC4.

Octaarginine (R8) peptides and other arginine peptides are delivery vectors, but there is more than one way to deliver a package and the protein transduction domain can technically be different things. It's not the only short peptide which can enable translocation through cell walls. The most correct way to say it is RRRRRRRRGGGGRKTGHQICKFRKC is a version of PTD-DBM and the most likely one they used.

In other words, the best place to start would be making PTD-DBM according to this amino acid sequence:
RRRRRRRRGGGGRKTGHQICKFRKC"

if anyone wants to take a crack at sequencing ptd-dbm themselves, the patent is https://www.google.com/patents/US9763994. notice it was filed in 2014... theyve been following this lead for four years now and are still following it, leads me to believe something big is happening

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
someone get @17AndBalding in here, the dude with the ky choi avi lol

hqdefault.jpg

I honestly lol'd pretty hard

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds great, but Tsuji is still winning. Even if this works perfectly, it won't get you your dead hair follicles back. How often will you need to go through this procedure if it's successful?

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds great, but Tsuji is still winning. Even if this works perfectly, it won't get you your dead hair follicles back. How often will you need to go through this procedure if it's successful?

actually it should indeed be able to get your dead hair follicles back, ie follicular neogenesis. read the original study and/or the reddit discussion its exciting stuff. i dont disagree though that tsuji et al may be the holy grail

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Admin any chance you could try to contact ky choi for an interview? i can send you the email i used to contact him, he responded to me so he seems amenable to discussing his research and im sure hed appreciate the exposure ahead of his speech at the august dermatology conference. just something to consider

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
actually it should indeed be able to get your dead hair follicles back, ie follicular neogenesis. read the original study and/or the reddit discussion its exciting stuff. i dont disagree though that tsuji et al may be the holy grail

Or both. To grow your own hair back would fantastic. To have Tsuji give you the hairline you dreamed about with your own cells, that would be orgasmic.

Utrez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have knowledge on the mechanism of Valproic Acid? The study in question here is about Valproic Acid in dissolving microneedles. We should just be able to wound our scalps ourselves with dermaroller/pen and then use a dropper and apply Valproic Acid. So, it's not like we need to wait to do this, we can do this at home. Valproic Acid is a commercially available chemical, easily obtainable. Also I'd like to note... Valproic Acid =/= Sodium Valproate (Sodium Salt of Valproic Acid). If Valproic acid is having some enzyme modulating effect under the skin, the Sodium Salt would certainly have completely different properties. These differences wouldn't apply for the typical oral usage of Sodium Valproate/Valproic Acid, since Sodium Valproate converts to Valproic Acid in the stomach due to the stomach acid. I repeat... they are 2 completely different things for our purposes.

By the way guys, someone posted about the PTD-DMB peptide in the /r/peptides of Reddit. A few people there have reached out to a few laboratories to inquire about getting it synthesized. There are already tons of research peptides being sold by companies in the US... so really it's only a matter of time before they are selling PTD-DBM as well. Seriously, we're getting close. Give it a year or so and you'll likely be able to buy PTD-DBM online. Here's the thread in question (had to remove the period before com due to my new account restrictions:
reddit com/r/Peptides/comments/83sxex/peptide_ptddmb_deemed_the_cure_for_hair_loss/

The more support and enthusiasm this peptide gets, the more likely a Research Chemical/Peptide company is to jump on board and start selling it. They don't require any sort of FDA approval for this. We just need to demonstrate that the interest is there! Every person who voices their vocal support out this would be directly contributing to it coming to the market faster!

Last edited:

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have knowledge on the mechanism of Valproic Acid? The study in question here is about Valproic Acid in dissolving microneedles. We should just be able to wound our scalps ourselves with dermaroller/pen and then use a dropper and apply Valproic Acid. So, it's not like we need to wait to do this, we can do this at home. Valproic Acid is a commercially available chemical, easily obtainable. Also I'd like to note... Valproic Acid =/= Sodium Valproate (Sodium Salt of Valproic Acid). If Valproic acid is having some enzyme modulating effect under the skin, the Sodium Salt would certainly have completely different properties. These differences wouldn't apply for the typical oral usage of Sodium Valproate/Valproic Acid, since Sodium Valproate converts to Valproic Acid in the stomach due to the stomach acid. I repeat... they are 2 completely different things for our purposes.

By the way guys, someone posted about the PTD-DMB peptide in the /r/peptides of Reddit. A few people there have reached out to a few laboratories to inquire about getting it synthesized. There are already tons of research peptides being sold by companies in the US... so really it's only a matter of time before they are selling PTD-DBM as well. Seriously, we're getting close. Give it a year or so and you'll likely be able to buy PTD-DBM online. Here's the thread in question (had to remove the period before com due to my new account restrictions:
reddit com/r/Peptides/comments/83sxex/peptide_ptddmb_deemed_the_cure_for_hair_loss/

The more support and enthusiasm this peptide gets, the more likely a Research Chemical/Peptide company is to jump on board and start selling it. They don't require any sort of FDA approval for this. We just need to demonstrate that the interest is there! Every person who voices their vocal support out this would be directly contributing to it coming to the market faster!

from the study: "Topical application of valproic acid (VPA), an FDA-approved anticonvulsant drug, has been shown to effectively stimulate hair follicle (HF) regrowth by upregulating Wnt/β-catenin, a key pathway involved in initiation of HF development."
so essentially vpa is an upregulator of wnt/b catenin

also thanks for the reddit link thats good stuff, reddit has a way of making these things happen. if you have a semianonymous reddit account it would be cool if you could post in that thread and direct them here

Utrez

My Regimen
Reaction score
also thanks for the reddit link thats good stuff, reddit has a way of making these things happen. if you have a semianonymous reddit account it would be cool if you could post in that thread and direct them here

There is one healing peptide that a lot of body builders are using and a lot of them are reporting hair growth and thickening, just by when they inject is subcutaneously once a week. It's TB500, or by its scientific name Thymosin-β. Thymosin has been associated with stimulating hair growth factors, and since it is involved in healing, it's not surprising. If these users are getting results by injecting it into their skin, which dilutes it across the entire body, just imagine if it were applied to the scalp after dermarolling. There's a 2015 study that linked Thymosin Beta with hair growth in mice... I can't link the study because my account is new but you can find it with its PMID: 26083021. It's called "Thymosin Beta-4 Induces Mouse Hair Growth". Unlike PTD-DMB, Thymosin Beta is available for purchase online right now, and it's really not that expensive at all. As of right now though I am not aware of anyone applying it to their head. I think someone mentioned the idea on a body building forum, but most people seem to be more interest in its benefits to bodybuilding.

Peptides are amazing because they're being utilized directly by the cell. The unfortunate thing is that PTD-DMB thread on Reddit didn't really seem to spark that much attention. Most of the peptides being discussed there are performance enhancing ones. Nevertheless there is interest. I think the big limiting factor now is just that not many people know about it.