New system from Northwest Lace. Any suggestions to improve?

Fanjeera

Reaction score

It's been a long time since I've shown myself. So I just put on a new system from Northwest Lace and also had it cut by a hair stylist. It has a break in the right, 3,2 cm wave, 10% less density in the front, hairline shape A. The hair is close to 6 inches long.

What do you think? What could be done to look better or more realistic? With the system itself, the hair, the style.

Thank you!

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I’d grow out the sides. That would make a huge difference.
Short sides somehow make my face more attractive though, bring out the cheekbones more, maybe also give height to the face, make it more masculine. It was my hairstylist's idea at first. I started to like it as well. But I might try a bit. Would take too long to grow it 6 inches though. The temple point hair doesn't even grow normally -- it's slower and of different texture.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Short sides somehow make my face more attractive though, bring out the cheekbones more, maybe also give height to the face, make it more masculine. It was my hairstylist's idea at first. I started to like it as well. But I might try a bit. Would take too long to grow it 6 inches though. The temple point hair doesn't even grow normally -- it's slower and of different texture.
I would just make the sides a little fuller, so they match the color of the unit.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's crazy how we create an image of how we believe someone looks, that we've never seen....and with you I was totally off .... :)

I think the hairline should come foward a bit....

Throwaway12

My Regimen
Reaction score
The contrast between the relatively thin sides and the incredibly thick hair on top looks a bit jarring. I think this is why most people are saying to grow the sides out a bit more. Another suggestion I would have is to comb the top to one side from left to right instead of from front to back. This will let you create a clear line of separation on one side while integrating the hair better with your other side

Noah

Reaction score
Even if you want to keep most of your sides close-cropped to show off your exquisite bone structure, you might allow the band immediately below the edge of the hairpiece to grow a bit longer for more of a blend. With undercut styles (which yours is) I think it looks better if the edge of the longer hair is not in the same location as the edge of the hairpiece.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Leaving sides grow will take time. If you are looking for an immediate solution or alternative I would cut the back short.. undercuts have usually short sides and back, (faded sides and back which goes up to the back skull lump). Google undercut hairstyle...Also, you seem young, so would bring the whole piece about ..3 inch or 2 cm forward before cutting

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Even if you want to keep most of your sides close-cropped to show off your exquisite bone structure, you might allow the band immediately below the edge of the hairpiece to grow a bit longer for more of a blend. With undercut styles (which yours is) I think it looks better if the edge of the longer hair is not in the same location as the edge of the hairpiece.
Here you can see how much long bio hair I have left after the border of the hairpiece. My fingers are exactly on the border of the piece.
The contrast between the relatively thin sides and the incredibly thick hair on top looks a bit jarring. I think this is why most people are saying to grow the sides out a bit more. Another suggestion I would have is to comb the top to one side from left to right instead of from front to back. This will let you create a clear line of separation on one side while integrating the hair better with your other side
As I have a right break, then probably from right to left? I guess the parting should be somewhere there then. Though, I'm not even sure I see the break that I ordered. I usually comb from right to left, because bio hair on left is thinner.
It's crazy how we create an image of how we believe someone looks, that we've never seen....and with you I was totally off .... :)

I think the hairline should come foward a bit....
Please tell me what you imagined!

Leaving sides grow will take time. If you are looking for an immediate solution or alternative I would cut the back short.. undercuts have usually short sides and back, (faded sides and back which goes up to the back skull lump). Google undercut hairstyle...Also, you seem young, so would bring the whole piece about ..3 inch or 2 cm forward before cutting

My temple points are really weak, so I cannot bring the piece more forward unfortunately. Will create a too big contrast between healthy hairpiece hair and weak temple bio hair and even at some lightnings the temple hair becomes so invisible that I would get the wide forehead effect :/. I even thought it landed too forward this time.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What length? 1 inch, maybe less?

Thank you all for the advice! I am considering it.
Half inch - 1 inch. Just enough so the unit matches the sides, in terms of color. But you could also do a fade. You can go from a 1 blade by the ears and work your way up to a 3 or 4, as you get closer to the system.

hairhelp777

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could do short sides...but I'd suggest a low fade......the sides would look better faded into the system.

hairhelp777

My Regimen
Reaction score

It's been a long time since I've shown myself. So I just put on a new system from Northwest Lace and also had it cut by a hair stylist. It has a break in the right, 3,2 cm wave, 10% less density in the front, hairline shape A. The hair is close to 6 inches long.

What do you think? What could be done to look better or more realistic? With the system itself, the hair, the style.

Thank you!
The back should also be blended in more (cut shorter)..could still have it longish but I'd suggest blending a bit more.....

HairsonUnique

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to be blunt, those short sides are a bit odd. This sort of haircut simply isn't something that exists out there and its really jarring, especially with the thick piece.

You definitely need to grow them out.

It looks as if you have your temporal peaks in a decent state as well!

The very light but of density at the front where you can see the scalp is really nice. I like it.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What length? 1 inch, maybe less?

Thank you all for the advice! I am considering it.
You fingers are on the border of the piece in that photo? What are the dimensions of the base? Seems like your fingers are almost to the top of your head

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to be blunt, those short sides are a bit odd. This sort of haircut simply isn't something that exists out there and its really jarring, especially with the thick piece.

The very light but of density at the front where you can see the scalp is really nice. I like it.
I agree he has good temporal hair..... Move that hairline foward! :)

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Half inch - 1 inch. Just enough so the unit matches the sides, in terms of color. But you could also do a fade. You can go from a 1 blade by the ears and work your way up to a 3 or 4, as you get closer to the system.
You could do short sides...but I'd suggest a low fade......the sides would look better faded into the system.
Is it possible to fade into 6 inch long hair? Isn't it too long for that, so there has to be an abrupt change somewhere?
Maybe I understand the concept of fade wrongly. Does it mean I should cut the rest of my side hair shorter and let the really short part grow a bit bigger and let the visible scalp area be lower?

Yeah, that's what amale friends also have said. Women though have said that they like the short temples very much and I guess that's what has been keeping me like this for a quite long time now.
It's a haircut which me and my hairdresser have invented basically personally for me I sometimes think. I've had the thought as well that I shouldn't be wearing a totally unique haircut. But my hairdresser says that it's nothing so special for long-haired people to cut the wispy temple and nape hair, that doesn't gain length very well, short. I've seen it actually too, but not very often and then the hair is usually tied and not young men.

Yet undercuts are very popular. Why cannot this be seen as an undercut? Or should I go higher with the short hair for that? Actually on the back sides I also have a few cm-s of short hair. The short hair goes all around, but it's just rather low.
You fingers are on the border of the piece in that photo? What are the dimensions of the base? Seems like your fingers are almost to the top of your head
It's narrower at the crown and back yes: 7,5 cm there. You might say I have something similar to temple flaps maybe.

Last edited:

Fanjeera

Reaction score
1632573406839.png

My border of the short hair goes like the red line. Should I perhaps do it more like this guy and bring it lower?

I see mine right now like this:
1632573490922.png

Fanjeera

Reaction score
To see where my "undercut" or "fade" goes in the back.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1,006.7 KB · Views: 86