New Regime: Stemox|minoxidil|ru|oral Castor|other Oils

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nizoral has mild or no effect on me. Adding in stuff is an easy way to hedge bets. When my conditioner runs out, I will add coconut oil and nigella sativa oil to the next conditioner.

What's your goal with the coconut oil dude?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your goal with the coconut oil dude?

Truth: Not hating myself in ten years if research comes out showing that coconut oil is more than hype.

Pseudoscience: coconut oil is a fat so it might stimulate brown fat production in the scalp.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dropped the stemoxydyine because using too many chemicals at once feels humiliating. For now, I'm using Pantostin alfatradiol instead. I still have some stemoxydyine bottles and may use em later.

Supposedly stemoxydyine works by reviving dead cells. Yeah maybe who knows. If that is so however one need not use it continuously.

My regimen as a whole has given me modest regrowth. Check the pics on page one. I think my hairline is a little lower. It's also a straight line now rather than an M. That said I don't know if it's the RU or the other ingredients helping.

Nizoral has mild or no effect on me. Adding in stuff is an easy way to hedge bets. When my conditioner runs out, I will add coconut oil and nigella sativa oil to the next conditioner.

Do you think i should add Stemoxydyine? if so where do i get it from? is it anti DHT?

Do you think i should add Pantostin alfratradiol? If so where do i get it? Is it anti DHT?

I'm scared of RU for now.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think i should add Stemoxydyine? if so where do i get it from? is it anti DHT?

Do you think i should add Pantostin alfratradiol? If so where do i get it? Is it anti DHT?

I'm scared of RU for now.

Stemoxydine seems like guesswork. A lot of people trust in it. When I googled it once, I saw that effeminate men were using it to grow facial hair, and claiming success. It supposedly revives dead cells. An intelligent female poster who was active before your time, @parisienne, is the one who convinced me to use it. At the very least it's cheap: you can buy garnier fructis stemoxydine on eBay for $15 a bottle. I was using 4 ml at a time so they lasted nearly a month. It's also a great solvent if you want to dissolve anything else in. So basically you'd be adding something cheap that may or may not work but probably doesn't hurt.

Alfatradiol is the weakest anti-androgen / pro-estrogen that I know of anybody using. My understanding is that it's 17-alpha-estradiol, in contrast to 17-beta-estradiol which is what we call "estrogen", the molecule is slightly different. So it gives you a little bit of the growth of estrogen, and it also slightly inhibits 5-alpha-reductase. When used by itself, alfatradiol is very weak, it only slows down hair loss, it doesn't stop it. Therefore I figure that means it's nearly useless by itself but may be useful in combination therapy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfatradiol

I'm also scared of RU so I'm using 15 mg/day. The dosage tested in the 1990s was 100 mg/day. The typical dosage across the internet is 50 mg/day.

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Truth: Not hating myself in ten years if research comes out showing that coconut oil is more than hype.

Pseudoscience: coconut oil is a fat so it might stimulate brown fat production in the scalp.

I know it has conditioning effects but I wasn't sure what good it might do for actual hair loss

In my early stage of discovering my hair was thinning, before I knew anything useful about legit treatments, a few times I soaked my whole scalp in it over night covered in a shower cap, hoping it would "thicken up my hair" :D

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it has conditioning effects but I wasn't sure what good it might do for actual hair loss

In my early stage of discovering my hair was thinning, before I knew anything useful about legit treatments, a few times I soaked my whole scalp in it over night covered in a shower cap, hoping it would "thicken up my hair" :D

I'm of the view that it's very plausible that many of these oils and natural methods may be helpful, they're just poorly researched.

I did some dumb sh*t prior to real treatments. I wasted US$ 299 on a hairmax laser comb. I read two scientific publications showing that it works great. I didn't get that there was fraud in the health supplements industry.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm of the view that it's very plausible that many of these oils and natural methods may be helpful, they're just poorly researched.

I did some dumb sh*t prior to real treatments. I wasted US$ 299 on a hairmax laser comb. I read two scientific publications showing that it works great. I didn't get that there was fraud in the health supplements industry.

And now you're the go to dude for studies and research :D You've come a long way since then

The other thing I did was use main n tail shampoo and conditioner for a while after it was suggested to me it could "thicken" my hair

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemoxydine seems like guesswork. A lot of people trust in it. When I googled it once, I saw that effeminate men were using it to grow facial hair, and claiming success. It supposedly revives dead cells. An intelligent female poster who was active before your time, @parisienne, is the one who convinced me to use it. At the very least it's cheap: you can buy garnier fructis stemoxydine on eBay for $15 a bottle. I was using 4 ml at a time so they lasted nearly a month. It's also a great solvent if you want to dissolve anything else in. So basically you'd be adding something cheap that may or may not work but probably doesn't hurt.

Alfatradiol is the weakest anti-androgen / pro-estrogen that I know of anybody using. My understanding is that it's 17-alpha-estradiol, in contrast to 17-beta-estradiol which is what we call "estrogen", the molecule is slightly different. So it gives you a little bit of the growth of estrogen, and it also slightly inhibits 5-alpha-reductase. When used by itself, alfatradiol is very weak, it only slows down hair loss, it doesn't stop it. Therefore I figure that means it's nearly useless by itself but may be useful in combination therapy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfatradiol

I'm also scared of RU so I'm using 15 mg/day. The dosage tested in the 1990s was 100 mg/day. The typical dosage across the internet is 50 mg/day.

There is alfatradiol in my spironolactone with caffeine and something else...I think it helps but i notice when i use a lot of it--it works better when i start using less (the recommended dose) its not as good. I am supposed to use 3 to 5 sprays...I use like 7 to 10 instead.

I just wanted something else to fight DHT just in case. I use Keto 1% i stopped 2%. I have the stupid laser comb i guess i should use it just in case.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is alfatradiol in my spironolactone with caffeine and something else...I think it helps but i notice when i use a lot of it--it works better when i start using less (the recommended dose) its not as good. I am supposed to use 3 to 5 sprays...I use like 7 to 10 instead.

I just wanted something else to fight DHT just in case. I use Keto 1% i stopped 2%. I have the stupid laser comb i guess i should use it just in case.

The laser comb has an awful side effect:

It consumes 45-60 minutes of your life every week, during which you worry that you're a fool.

I think you have one of the strongest regimens of any of the regulars here. You're probably fine. My honest advice is don't change anything until you've stabilized so you can assess how good your regimen is.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The laser comb has an awful side effect:

It consumes 45-60 minutes of your life every week, during which you worry that you're a fool.

I think you have one of the strongest regimens of any of the regulars here. You're probably fine. My honest advice is don't change anything until you've stabilized so you can assess how good your regimen is.

LOL Mine was 24 minutes a week..it was the super duper kind. 8 minutes

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a request for more pictures from the top. I just had a haircut today actually. 1-guard on the side, 4-guard on top.

Attachments

• 2017-04-20 08.05.34.jpg
    2017-04-20 08.05.34.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,313
  • 2017-04-20 08.05.39.jpg
    2017-04-20 08.05.39.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 1,307
  • 2017-04-20 08.04.42.jpg
    2017-04-20 08.04.42.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 1,262

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Earlier in thread you stated that you will ''hold off'' expensive/invasive treatments for the time being. Given your current results with your (imo) not-so-agressive regimen, would you consider FUE further down the road?

The state of my hair is in similar position as yours(a little worse-M shape), and I would maybe, if stabilized on a regimen, give FUE a second thought...so just wanted to see how you wiew our prospects. I'm also asking because I too am looking to stabilize on a minimum maintenance regimen without risking too many of side effects. Thinking of it now, Shiseido would really be a godsend treatment ^^

For what it's worth to you; I have not lost hair the last 16 months on (3rd party tested) Saw Palmetto 320mg (day & night), high quality green tea 3 times a day, and Nizoral 2%, 2 times a week. Of course, n=1, but the situation is as it is...

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Earlier in thread you stated that you will ''hold off'' expensive/invasive treatments for the time being. Given your current results with your (imo) not-so-agressive regimen, would you consider FUE further down the road?

The state of my hair is in similar position as yours(a little worse-M shape), and I would maybe, if stabilized on a regimen, give FUE a second thought...so just wanted to see how you wiew our prospects. I'm also asking because I too am looking to stabilize on a minimum maintenance regimen without risking too many of side effects. Thinking of it now, Shiseido would really be a godsend treatment ^^

For what it's worth to you; I have not lost hair the last 16 months on (3rd party tested) Saw Palmetto 320mg (day & night), high quality green tea 3 times a day, and Nizoral 2%, 2 times a week. Of course, n=1, but the situation is as it is...

I'd consider an FUE, but ten thousand dollars is not to be taken lightly.

Also, if any of Brotzu, Histogen, etc come out in 2018 the people who had FUE this year may regret it as they'll get regrowth near the transplanted hair. Those will be much cheaper.

But right now I still have diffuse thinning, and still have a receded hairline.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is time to remix RU into minoxidil ... doing this live ...

OK, I figured out how to dissolve the RU into my stemoxydine at the require microdose while going for my night walk.

5 grams of RU (what I got) is roughly equal to 2 teaspoons, I measured this in a small measuring cup.
So 1/8 of a teaspoon gives ~300 milligrams.
If I dissolve that into 84 ml of Garnier Stemoxydine, and take 4 ml each day, I will thus be taking ~15 mg of RU each day. I can monitor the sides at that level. I dissolved it into two bottles of stemoxydine tonight, that should give me enough to last ~42 days.

I will start the RU in a few days, at a daily dose of 15 mg. My regime will then be complete, barring future variations in dosage of the constituents.

I have three ~60 ml bottles of 5% minoxidil. I use 1ml a day, so I have 180 servings of minoxidil. I have 5 grams of RU, if I split it up completely evenly, it will work out to ~27 grams of RU a day, really a bit more since I've started using the minoxidil already, so more like 30 mg/day. I don't want that much, I'll only use two thirds of the RU and leave the rest in my freezer.

60*20mg = 1.2 grams of RU per minoxidil bottle, or 0.5 teaspoons per minoxidil bottle. I now have a restocked supply of minoxidil + RU, enough for 1 ml a day of 5% minoxidil with 20 mg of RU dissolved in, which is working great. It should last me 5 to 6 months. Hopefully by the time that's done, Brotzu's lotion is out. I have 1.4 grams of RU powder which I'll store in the freezer.

Meanwhile, my alfatradiol is almost out. I will switch back to usingstemoxydine instead.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My supply of alfatradiol has run out, so I'm switching back to 4 ml a day of stemoxydine.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice work. Sorry if you have already mentioned this and I have missed this but where do you get ru from? Do you make it yourself?

Anagen Inc, which is affiliated with the Kane shop. It's a lab in China that other people have investigated before, it checks out.

Cost of RU for me is $200 a year.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is time to remix RU into minoxidil ... doing this live ...

I have three ~60 ml bottles of 5% minoxidil. I use 1ml a day, so I have 180 servings of minoxidil. I have 5 grams of RU, if I split it up completely evenly, it will work out to ~27 grams of RU a day, really a bit more since I've started using the minoxidil already, so more like 30 mg/day. I don't want that much, I'll only use two thirds of the RU and leave the rest in my freezer.

60*20mg = 1.2 grams of RU per minoxidil bottle, or 0.5 teaspoons per minoxidil bottle. I now have a restocked supply of minoxidil + RU, enough for 1 ml a day of 5% minoxidil with 20 mg of RU dissolved in, which is working great. It should last me 5 to 6 months. Hopefully by the time that's done, Brotzu's lotion is out. I have 1.4 grams of RU powder which I'll store in the freezer.

Meanwhile, my alfatradiol is almost out. I will switch back to usingstemoxydine instead.
Hi David ! So 15 mg of RU per application worked well for you ? In his log, Hellouser said to not bother with doses below 50 mg per application. How stable is the solution in minoxidil ? Thanks !

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi David ! So 15 mg of RU per application worked well for you ? In his log, Hellouser said to not bother with doses below 50 mg per application. How stable is the solution in minoxidil ? Thanks !

@Swoop says that RU is stable in solution, and he's the top biochemistry expert here as far as I know.

RU+minoxidil has worked very well for me, I don't know which did what. You might want to experiment with higher doses of RU and see if it works for you. I might increase to ~30 mg in a few months, I'm not sure. To be honest, I'm praying that the 2018 treatments (Replicel, Shiseido, Brotzu) are good enough for me to quit everything.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have split my remaining ~1.4 grams of RU into two bottles of minoxidil, one of which was slightly used.

Thus, over the next 4 months I should be averaging ~12 mg/day of RU, along with 1 ml of 5% minoxidil. I will need to order new RU by March, and hopefully that will be the last RU I ever order, as 2018 looks to be a good year for hair loss sufferers.