New Regime: Stemox|minoxidil|ru|oral Castor|other Oils | Page 9 | HairLossTalk Forums

New Regime: Stemox|minoxidil|ru|oral Castor|other Oils

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Afro_Vacancy, Jun 3, 2016.

1. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Let's clear the air about something: I'm neither bipolar, nor psychotic.

Despite having seen an army of mental health professionals, that diagnostic is just not in my medical record.

Here's the reality: I had a manic episode and a psychotic episode that were caused by an SSRI antidepressant.

And please could you stop the condescending tone about me being crazy and you being a paragon of mental health for god's sake?

And again, I want you to list my inconsistencies, I enjoy it, since I can always tear them apart. I just love that challenge. And I also love to be proven wrong.

I call this making mistakes because it is actually making mistakes. Blindly trusting a psychiatrist who tells you that your problems are due to a chemical imbalance in your head (not your decaying hair), turning into a full-blown manic who's happy all the time and sees everything under a distorted light. "Oh look my hair is growing back from apple cider vinegar and supplements, surely it's the supplements! Let's take more of them!"

I was thinking about this yesterday and how my sense of shame was suppressed for the whole manic episode which lasted like 6 months, you only need to real my post on Immortalhair to see that there was something wrong with me. All that shame came back all at once when I stopped the SSRI, and then the psychotic break ensued, I suddenly was aware of all the reprehensible things I had done for the past 6 months (on this forum too) and I felt absolutely mortified.

So my mind distorted the impact of my actions, and I believed that I had hurt people so much that they were all conspiring to make me pay. I know it sounds insane, when you put all the above together, it makes sense.

#161 WhitePolarBear, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah, it was an autodiagnosis and I was wrong about it. I'm not bipolar. I just have a personality make-up that makes me more prone to negative emotions, which can have its advantages, like panicking early enough over hair loss, even though my case was so aggressive that medication couldn't do much.

I'm a very orderly person so I inevitably have a mild OCD that can be amplified when it comes to my face (acne, hair loss).

I just don't have anxiety and depression. My track record at work proves that: I've been sick only 4 days in almost 2 years and it was due to mononucleosis. If I a truly had a genetic anxiety and / or depression problem, there's no way I could function as efficiently as I do, especially since I have quite a busy life.

I don't promote my solution as a panacea, I've said this many times now. It worked for me to an extent, and that's the truth. I know most people wouldn't be satisfied with my head of hair.

And you're giving me the "I have received many messages from cowardly people who are too afraid to engage you so they come whining to me" again. Yeah, that's how I read it. And somehow you think that it's a powerful argument.

And their viewpoint is not worth much since they don't share it publicly and would probably not even be able to defend it properly. "People who think the same have told me the same." Well that's hardly surprising since they think the same.

#162 WhitePolarBear, Nov 15, 2017
    rclark and Afro_Vacancy like this.
  3. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think that normal people don't consciously notice a NW2 or NW3 at all, however, their subconscious notices.

If the money's not an issue for you, then you're doing the right thing.

4. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    And complaning to you about it is not a waste of time?

I know you don't listen to people, since you already think that you're right.

I listen to people and actually take what they say seriously, and I don't think they're being deceitful most of the time.

#164 WhitePolarBear, Nov 15, 2017
    rclark and Afro_Vacancy like this.
  5. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I agree, they actually don't consciously know that they're seeing me and treating me slightly differently due to the way I look.

Afro_Vacancy likes this.
  6. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Ah so it's a triggering issue.

Ok I'll stop posting in this thread.

7. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've discussed the issue of mental illnesses with my therapist recently, as well as the DSM-V which she is not too enthusiastic about it. Her view, which is not one that I would expect from a mental health professional, is that most of the population has a mental illness given the vast plethora of definitions in the DSM. Given that it may be that you're both mentally ill as well, using the official definitions.

There is some validity to this in that we're all a little crazy, but there's a problem in that it's almost certainly a push by the pharmaceutical companies to sell more pills (OMG a conspiracy theory !!!). FWIW, her view is to just understand people and treat them.

I don't need you guys to remove your posts, but stop the derailment please. I think that you two have some personal history from issues I either never knew or don't remember. That happens. But it will look like noise to people wanting a regimen like mine.

WhitePolarBear and Wolf Pack like this.
  8. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
  9. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How's this for numbing alcohol?

https://www.amazon.com/MEDca-Alcoho...10784265&sr=1-4&keywords=disinfecting alcohol

Wolf Pack likes this.
  10. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    With an extra week or so of growth. IMG_20171119_115936.jpg IMG_20171119_115909.jpg

Roberto_72, Georgie and Wolf Pack like this.
  11. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'll be starting this today and doing it once per week as per the suggestion of @Wolf Pack . I'll roll it in different directions for a few minutes until my skin is slightly red, then apply alcohol, then aloe vera I guess. I'll focus on the part in front of the hairline and the hairline itself, with a bit of attention to the rest of the head. IMG_20171125_091841.jpg

rclark, Georgie and Wolf Pack like this.
  12. Georgie

Georgie Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You have some lovely regrowth! I’m so happy for you! How do you find the RU? I’m wanting to get some but am as yet unsure. Did you get a shed? Thanks!

Afro_Vacancy likes this.
  13. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    My hair is kept too short for me to notice sheds.

I get my RU from thekaneshop, but for you I'd recommend adding only one major ingredient at a time.

Wolf Pack and Georgie like this.
  14. Georgie

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I was thinking about buying the premade
    I was thinking of getting the 5% premade solution and holding off on the dutas for now because I feel like it may be too much for female hormones, plus I’m scared of the raise in test that dutas creates, which may (I’ve heard) made the whole dht situation worse. Do you think the RU has been a good investment?

15. Roberto_72

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think @Afro_Vacancy is right. If you add too many things at once, you lose control of what is good and bad for you. I used RU for six months and it went well. Then it stopped working. BUT I added so much shit at the same time that it may even be that it somehow was contrasted by something else I was using.
    Having said that, this very forum gives an indication for anageninc to buy RU.

16. Georgie

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hmmm you’re right. But I was also thinking of stopping avodart because I am scared that increasing my free test levels may worsen my situation. I’m also shedding like a 200+ hairs a day. Scary shit. Just ordered a Zix pack.. maybe that will do something positive but I feel as though I need more of an anti androgen. When it comes to tinkering wiTh hormones though it’s so hard. Gah! I have heard that RU loses its effectiveness after a while. I’m sorry to hear that was the case with you. Maybe I won’t buy it. What other topicals are good?

17. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    RU has been a good investment, though I can't be sure as I started that and minoxidil at the same time.

I cannot use 5alpha inhibitors as I have some of the side effects (low sex drive, brain fog, depression) without even being on the drugs. That is why I use a different drug.

Japnicks India and Georgie like this.
  18. Georgie

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Well I have ordered the Zix formula stuff and may just see how that goes for a while. I will keep you posted. I read good things about it, and natural makes me feel way better about using it.

Japnicks India and Afro_Vacancy like this.
  19. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I just derma rolled for the first time.

I don't see any blood, and I have not yet applied the aloe vera, but wow does it leave an itch !

rclark and Georgie like this.
  20. Georgie

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Haha I don’t push so hard thah I bleed, but enough to make the scalp red and sore I guess. Smarts a bit doesn’t it!

mpanju and Afro_Vacancy like this.