New Regime: Stemox|minoxidil|ru|oral Castor|other Oils

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just derma rolled for the first time.

I don't see any blood, and I have not yet applied the aloe vera, but wow does it leave an itch !

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
What other topicals are good?
Local anti androgens seem to help. Locsl Progesterone, local cyto, 17 alpha, etc.
However, if you try out all approaches at once, you will never know what works and what does not.
My suggestion is:
- take pictures
- try out a couple of active components (for instance: local antiandrogens and minoxidil but not dutasteride, not CB);
- use four months;
- take pictures;
- compare

If the situation has not worsened, continue;
If it has worsened, leave out one active component and try another one, or another set.
Troubleshooting your hairloss is like troubleshooting any given problem: you try just one thing at one time. Big problem is that before 3-4 months you never know what is working for you :-(

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
What size dermaroller do you recommend?
I bought it so long ago I can’t event remember. I think it’s 1.5... I think. Or maybe 0.75. It doesn’t make me bleed anyway, and I bought it as the recommended size for hair Re-growth.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought it so long ago I can’t event remember. I think it’s 1.5... I think. Or maybe 0.75. It doesn’t make me bleed anyway, and I bought it as the recommended size for hair Re-growth.

So you would recommend starting smaller?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you would recommend starting smaller?
Yeah I believe that the larger ones are more for scar tissue healing which you don’t need. Your scalp is an sensitive area after all, and the objective of the micro wounding isn’t to make yourself bleed

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Afro_Vacancy

Your hairline is much better than what it was.

What medications did you use before starting this?

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to the first post of the thread.

Five months. Your hairline is way f*****g better than the first picture. In fact, you cannot
even tell where your hairline begins/ends in the first picture.

I hope you don't plan on dropping any of the medications your using.

I almost feel like I'm looking at pictures of a different person.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Five months. Your hairline is way f*****g better than the first picture. In fact, you cannot
even tell where your hairline begins/ends in the first picture.

I hope you don't plan on dropping any of the medications your using.

I almost feel like I'm looking at pictures of a different person.

??? It's been more than a year.

Is it really that big a difference?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
??? It's been more than a year.

Is it really that big a difference?

On page one, the hairline is very hard to tell where it is starting. It is more diffuse.

There is still recession, but now the hairline is more solid. (Because the top is much more
denser).

The hair density on top is much more denser.

That said, I'm only one person.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you get your castor oil from?

You can get castor oil from.lots of places, Amazon for example. I stopped using it as it tasted bad, but I might add a topical, for example the zone oxide plus castor oil cream from kenkay.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not noticed much change since adding in the derma rolling, which I'm averaging at ~1 session per week for a few minutes. It's hard to know if I'm doing it right, and how hard to push. I have only bled a couple times, and then only in one two spots.

I went two weeks without RU because I ran out, and then afterwards I was too lazy to mix it in. I am now back on RU.

I bought some of this product while traveling in Australia,
9319598427023_LL_1.jpg

However, I've only applied it twice. I'm not sure how often I'll be applying it, as it stinks. A while back I used it for acne and it helped with that.

So not a lot of changes to report. One cosmetic thing that I did change is that I stopped going to a place charging $15 for haircuts and started going to another place charging $45 for haircut. They do a much better job at the second place, they leave more hair on top which is cosmetically preferable. At the former place they would always cut it too short, either due to a poor sense of aesthetics, or because they were lazy.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not noticed much change since adding in the derma rolling, which I'm averaging at ~1 session per week for a few minutes. It's hard to know if I'm doing it right, and how hard to push. I have only bled a couple times, and then only in one two spots.

I went two weeks without RU because I ran out, and then afterwards I was too lazy to mix it in. I am now back on RU.

I bought some of this product while traveling in Australia,
View attachment 80776
However, I've only applied it twice. I'm not sure how often I'll be applying it, as it stinks. A while back I used it for acne and it helped with that.

So not a lot of changes to report. One cosmetic thing that I did change is that I stopped going to a place charging $15 for haircuts and started going to another place charging $45 for haircut. They do a much better job at the second place, they leave more hair on top which is cosmetically preferable. At the former place they would always cut it too short, either due to a poor sense of aesthetics, or because they were lazy.

Same here.

I found that more expensive places do a better job.

Just curious, did you keep all the gains that you made since you started using RU?