New Regime: Stemox|minoxidil|ru|oral Castor|other Oils | Page 9 | HairLossTalk Forums

New Regime: Stemox|minoxidil|ru|oral Castor|other Oils

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Afro_Vacancy, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Wolf Pack

Wolf Pack Moderator My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Have you thought about derma rolling with Minoxidil? Not for further absorption but it has a synergistic effect with growth through it's own mechanism - well that's what a new study showed. The groups consisted of minoxidil v minoxidil and Derma Rolling v Derma Rolling. Castor oil is a good option too. I think an FUE for the frontal area of 3k grafts would make all these problems disappear. You might be able to get by until your 50s on FUE and Minoxidil to keep a pretty full head of hair. Later it might look just like some natural loss. I'd look into your donor capacity. Biggest issue is you can't take finasteride. RU is quite a task to get hold off and perhaps expensive/unproven.

2. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I could try derma rolling. Wasn't that topic banned on this website a while back because some morons were bleeding themselves, or something? If you can recommend a good roller, and a good instruction manual, I'll just start doing it once a week.

I can afford an FUE but due to my working-class ubnringing I'm holding onto my money for dear life. $10,000 would be a significant fraction of my savings, and I'm now on a 3-year contract. Next year I apply for jobs for the year after that, if I get a good job I'll schedule an FUE transplant. A while back we discussed my aesthetic options, what I ended up doing was Invisalign, I've got 6-12 more months of that. There's no magic wand that can rank the different treatment options in terms of total expected impact.

3. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It was banned but as far as I am aware, for now, the topic is allowed to be discussed in a normal manner. That thread got really crazy and dangerous and it was a good move by admin to close it at the time. People's safety was at stake. I need to find a link to the new study but someone actually posted it in the new research section.

I've rolled in the past myself and I saw some small gains - mind you in complete slick areas at the front (where I had a transplant) and without Minoxidil. I'm also planning on taking it up again. Any derma roller from Amazon will do. The size should be 1.5mm. Dermapen is better as allows less tearing and a more uniform approach. I believe the benefits of derma roller are from reversing fibrosis and increasing the progenitor cells. In the right area with the right treatments, it can give a good push. Probably even better for prevention of further loss and that's how I'll look at it.

https://tophairlosstreatments.com/derma-roller-for-hair-loss/

That link gives you some instructions. Important to make the area have some redness. That study was later found to have some bias as was funded by some people with vested interests I think. However, further studies have shown derma rolling does do something but the response is varied.

No one knows exactly the approach but worth a go. You can skip Minoxidil the day you roll. I'd roll once a week. Also look @Somebody thread, I believe he used derma roll. Hope I've quoted the right guy.

In your situation I'd also go to Turkey and have a mega session for cheap bucks. I heard some girls discussing Invisalign today and thought of you :p It's important to have "good enough" teeth.

4. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    My diagnosis for you: mild autism / Asperger. And I actually expected you to react like this.

It was a blatant lighthearted joke and to many people, it will be obvious that I'm not taking what I'm writing seriously.

I don't believe it represents real life, which was the whole point, making fun about such an absurd viewpoint.

Hey it's OK Wolf, no one was questioning your supposedly airtight viewpoint about what it's like to be good-looking.

And I see you're doubling down on your "admission [in a mental hospital]" comment. Noted.

I disagree about the following:

That 14000 hairs on top is nothing, at least on me.

But I'll need to let it grow a little longer to confirm, and of course go through my second hair transplant.

Only the other day, my girlfriend's mother who has no idea about me having had a hair transplant or even having hair problems complemented me on my hair, that the fact that it was grown out looked good.

It was a family dinner and I was like "yeah, my hair, it's complicated". So complicated that since April, my girlfriend has not been able to explain to her parents that I was going to get a second hair transplant.

My girlfriend also confirmed several times that before I came out of the closet so to speak, she had never noticed that there was anything wrong with my hair during the 10 months that we were dating.

And I know what your justification will be: they're all lying to make you feel better. Well, no, not my girlfriend, tell her to her face that she's being dishonest and she'll tear you to pieces, and rightfully so.

Anyway, all this to say that you're wrong in that aspect: many people just won't notice that there's anything wrong with my hair because they just don't think like us.

You're really quite the character, and one have to wonder why you just won't let go of some of your partially flawed interpretations about the world and looks in particular. And why do you believe that people will be purposefully trying to deceive as part of a sneaky power play.

#164 WhitePolarBear, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    rclark likes this.
  5. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I expected your comment to be on the lines of it was a joke :p If that was the case, it's fine, but you never know with you. If anyone else wrote that, I would pick up on humour and have done in the past.

Can you blame me for being unsure? You have a colourful mental history based on your posting history and what you said about Bipolar and Psychosis. I really don't want to list your inconsistent and absurd view points. But when you've engaged in ultra coping mechanisms and widespread conspiracies with sometimes malice, it's difficult to converse and know your meaning/intent. You call this this "making mistakes" and then "evolving." I call this delusion and possibly some other mental health diagnoses, now you're learning to manage them it seems to your credit. I've learnt anything is possible with you. If you wrote tomorrow, the Earth is flat, I wouldn't know whether you're joking or serious. Whether you've become like your cousin or not in terms of religion.

DHT/admission was a joke, lighthearted, hope there is no autism :)

6. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Let's clear the air about something: I'm neither bipolar, nor psychotic.

Despite having seen an army of mental health professionals, that diagnostic is just not in my medical record.

Here's the reality: I had a manic episode and a psychotic episode that were caused by an SSRI antidepressant.

And please could you stop the condescending tone about me being crazy and you being a paragon of mental health for god's sake?

And again, I want you to list my inconsistencies, I enjoy it, since I can always tear them apart. I just love that challenge. And I also love to be proven wrong.

I call this making mistakes because it is actually making mistakes. Blindly trusting a psychiatrist who tells you that your problems are due to a chemical imbalance in your head (not your decaying hair), turning into a full-blown manic who's happy all the time and sees everything under a distorted light. "Oh look my hair is growing back from apple cider vinegar and supplements, surely it's the supplements! Let's take more of them!"

I was thinking about this yesterday and how my sense of shame was suppressed for the whole manic episode which lasted like 6 months, you only need to real my post on Immortalhair to see that there was something wrong with me. All that shame came back all at once when I stopped the SSRI, and then the psychotic break ensued, I suddenly was aware of all the reprehensible things I had done for the past 6 months (on this forum too) and I felt absolutely mortified.

So my mind distorted the impact of my actions, and I believed that I had hurt people so much that they were all conspiring to make me pay. I know it sounds insane, when you put all the above together, it makes sense.

#166 WhitePolarBear, Nov 15, 2017
  7. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You wrote once you had bipolar - it was your own words - I remember it. I've never met you but I think you have a personality disorder from your posting history with elements of OCD, depression and anxiety. The latter three everyone can have but within rational limits.

In regard to your hair being enough for you, that's good, honestly you've come to peace with the whole thing. I think it's somewhat easier for you to come to peace with it since you haven't had full actual hair your entire adult life. You're used to your situation and have accepted it to an extent. But I don't for one second believe it's enough for most people on here let alone other guys who don't want to be bald. You never showed compelling evidence despite people requesting it with actual close up pictures. Also I've seen people in real life with much better hair, labelled bald or balding. Your girlfriend didn't see anything wrong with your hair, well what's your starting point, where's the hair? She's used to it being shaved. Other people have full heads but with thinning crowns or diffuse or receding hairlines - these are the majority of people on here and the challenge is there.

I don't want to take over Afro's thread and ruin it so I won't comment anymore but I think you're doing a genuine disservice to hair loss sufferers when you promote 2k grafts on a bald head as a panacea. I've been told this over PM by quite a few people, let alone others reading and thinking the same. Like I said, your greatest legacy on here is that you've shown the impact of baldness on your personal thread and that has enabled people to jump on anti androgens and hopefully retain hair for their prime years. A lot of people waste time worrying about sides and that thread provides a wake up call.

Afro_Vacancy likes this.
  8. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah, it was an autodiagnosis and I was wrong about it. I'm not bipolar. I just have a personality make-up that makes me more prone to negative emotions, which can have its advantages, like panicking early enough over hair loss, even though my case was so aggressive that medication couldn't do much.

I'm a very orderly person so I inevitably have a mild OCD that can be amplified when it comes to my face (acne, hair loss).

I just don't have anxiety and depression. My track record at work proves that: I've been sick only 4 days in almost 2 years and it was due to mononucleosis. If I a truly had a genetic anxiety and / or depression problem, there's no way I could function as efficiently as I do, especially since I have quite a busy life.

I don't promote my solution as a panacea, I've said this many times now. It worked for me to an extent, and that's the truth. I know most people wouldn't be satisfied with my head of hair.

And you're giving me the "I have received many messages from cowardly people who are too afraid to engage you so they come whining to me" again. Yeah, that's how I read it. And somehow you think that it's a powerful argument.

And their viewpoint is not worth much since they don't share it publicly and would probably not even be able to defend it properly. "People who think the same have told me the same." Well that's hardly surprising since they think the same.

#168 WhitePolarBear, Nov 15, 2017
    rclark and Afro_Vacancy like this.
  9. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What do you wish to achieve at this point in a futile debate? I'm not arguing with you or trying to present a "powerful argument" against you.

These people don't directly engage you about this because they see it as a waste of time and sensitive matter. I've told you what the issue is, 2k grafts on a bald head as some sort of magic cure - that's how you've written mostly about it over the years. It's not something most people can relate to. Personally I don't find it motivating at all let alone life changing. That's the crux of the issue. I can't relate to what you say here and it's almost akin to slybaldguys. My girlfriend said this, her mother said that, doesn't change the matter. Your situation to me is a tough one hair wise.

I meant people who have similar views to me and others who pm'd me, yet didn't say anything directly.

Afro_Vacancy likes this.
  10. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think that normal people don't consciously notice a NW2 or NW3 at all, however, their subconscious notices.

If the money's not an issue for you, then you're doing the right thing.

11. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    And complaning to you about it is not a waste of time?

I know you don't listen to people, since you already think that you're right.

I listen to people and actually take what they say seriously, and I don't think they're being deceitful most of the time.

#171 WhitePolarBear, Nov 15, 2017
    rclark and Afro_Vacancy like this.
  12. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If you want to discuss this, please PM me. This is Afro's thread. I'll remove everything on here if he requests it. It's not an official complaint on their part, they are just venting. They feel depressed hearing someone with much less hair, has supposedly beaten hair loss while they face challenges.

I do listen to people who I feel have something to offer and have learnt a lot on here. Those who stand for nothing, they fall for everything - I don't listen to them.

13. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I agree, they actually don't consciously know that they're seeing me and treating me slightly differently due to the way I look.

Afro_Vacancy likes this.
  14. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yes up to a thick Norwood 3. I'd say you're a Norwood 2.5 but some angles look Norwood 2, just it's thinner. Growing it out like you did before, the problem is well hidden.

15. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Ah so it's a triggering issue.

Ok I'll stop posting in this thread.

16. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've discussed the issue of mental illnesses with my therapist recently, as well as the DSM-V which she is not too enthusiastic about it. Her view, which is not one that I would expect from a mental health professional, is that most of the population has a mental illness given the vast plethora of definitions in the DSM. Given that it may be that you're both mentally ill as well, using the official definitions.

There is some validity to this in that we're all a little crazy, but there's a problem in that it's almost certainly a push by the pharmaceutical companies to sell more pills (OMG a conspiracy theory !!!). FWIW, her view is to just understand people and treat them.

I don't need you guys to remove your posts, but stop the derailment please. I think that you two have some personal history from issues I either never knew or don't remember. That happens. But it will look like noise to people wanting a regimen like mine.

WhitePolarBear and Wolf Pack like this.
  17. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Anything can be considered a mental illness. If your dog dies and you feel down - it's a mental illness. If you have an insect phobia - it's also an illness. By that definition everyone does. The question is more of normal mental functioning v impairment and serious pathology.

And Fred, they see it as irrelevant, coping slybaldguys style - like I said PM me if ever you want to talk further about this matter.

Afro_Vacancy likes this.
  18. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
  19. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yes that's perfect. Don't forget to get some surgical strength alcohol to disinfect before and after use. That's the right size. You may want some tattoo numbing cream depending on your pain threshold. I've used 1.5 mm which is the right size but also gone up to 3 mm just to experiment. It is painful at that point and I used lidocaine spray (since I'm medical easy to get) to numb the pain a little. My gf rolled me with that, I need to stick to it regularly though.

20. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How's this for numbing alcohol?

https://www.amazon.com/MEDca-Alcoho...10784265&sr=1-4&keywords=disinfecting alcohol

Wolf Pack likes this.