New Press Release From Organ Technologies

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just to clarify - tsujis therapy will be an injection of cells/hair follicle germs/follicle primordiums, not follicles like current hair transplants right?

Don't think so, source from Riken

Naamloos-4.jpg

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
As Fuji said, they are a medical research lab, not surgeons. So, perhaps we should deflect from price guessing and ponder the challenges to getting these little, living follicle fuckers in to our blessed scalps. I mean you just can't have some clown laying them down. Guys like Lorenzo, etc., have unique eye/hand skills, extensive experience with the scalp and its characteristics and artistic gift at creating hairline. Just maybe, the duplicated germs are more delicate, more susceptible to shock. Or? If that is the case, there are not enough docs of that caliber around and we could face even longer wait to get in. Thoughts?

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Mykonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We can only hope. If it is in the 150 range though I don't see it coming down over 60% for a long time. chemical peels are the only cosmetic procedure that has come down substantially since 1990s and that was 37%. If we were to see the same in this procedure we would be at 94k which still hefty.
If tsuji makes it the price drop is more likely to come from other tsuji-wannabes as i said earlier he can patent the tech but not the science and the science is drawing more attention

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If tsuji makes it the price drop is more likely to come from other tsuji-wannabes as i said earlier he can patent the tech but not the science and the science is drawing more attention

This science is drawing attention for 20 years now, only Tsuji succeded, but a what cost ? almost 15 years of R&D, infrastructure, expensive equipements, a shitload of biomedical engineers, i don't think another company will succeed and reproduce perfectly this tech soon, but that's just a guess, reading the patent is obviously not enough to reproduce it this time.

THALL

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This science is drawing attention for 20 years now, only Tsuji succeded, but a what cost ? almost 15 years of R&D, infrastructure, expensive equipements, a shitload of biomedical engineers, i don't think another company will succeed and reproduce perfectly this tech soon, but that's just a guess, reading the patent is obviously not enough to reproduce it this time.
Hairclone and TissUse are doing almost the same exact thing

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

and this is exactly why such procedure will be available at "prohibitive price (for most of us)first. Same as particular drugs which take a load of money to developp and go through trials. then these drugs are sold at high price to recoup costs.

Mykonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At what scale ? Let me guess, still at early development, no human clinical trials planned
Well like for any other science related thing there is always a procursor, in haircloning tsuji might be the one and surely many will follow in the few years following his success. That's the beauty of capitalism

Jake94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s the expected density tsuji’s treatment can reach? Isn’t it still under normal density or what a hair transplant can do? Im excited but if it means we’re only going to have thin, diffusing looking hair....

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s the expected density tsuji’s treatment can reach? Isn’t it still under normal density or what a hair transplant can do? Im excited but if it means we’re only going to have thin, diffusing looking hair....

They stated they can control thickness and can reach a natural density, wait and see

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well like for any other science related thing there is always a procursor, in haircloning tsuji might be the one and surely many will follow in the few years following his success. That's the beauty of capitalism

In the few 10 years or so ? 15 ?, keep in mind all the struggles Tsuji faces those 15 years...exact process remains secret and not described in patent, there are laws to protect such biomedical manufacturing, you're being way too optimistic

Mykonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the few 10 years or so ? 15 ?, keep in mind all the struggles Tsuji faces those 15 years...exact process remains secret and not described in patent, there are laws to protect such biomedical manufacturing, you're being way too optimistic
I actually thin i'm the exact opposite of optimistic when it comes to tsuji, i'm still skeptical about how well the treatment will be adapted to humans (you know the species that usually go bald not like mice). However some facts are facts

DanielDüsentrieb

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

There is over 40 years of basic research already to support this concept and the HairClone team have extensive experience in this area. Although more scientific and clinical research is still needed before this concept can be fully developed, we believe that this could be a reality in 2-3 years as many of the steps needed are already known such as:

• Method to remove the follicular units
  • Method to cryopreserve hair follicles
  • Method to cryobank cells for many years
  • Method to micro-dissect out the required cells from the hair follicle
  • Method to micro-inject follicle cells back into the scalp
  • Monitoring systems to measure hair shaft thickness and hair density
The main questions that research needs to determine are:

• The best markers to use to measure hair follicle inductivity
  • The optimum system to expand cells in culture in order to maintain inductivity
  • The mechanisms by which re-implanted cells rejuvenate and regenerate hair follicles

And when they say reality in 2-3 years they mean their first step to rejuvenate and regenerate hair follicles and not create new ones. But maybe hairclone can provide an alternative to shiseido that is located in the UK.

H

Reaction score
Who's attention? Ours?

H

Reaction score
Hairclone is beginning with a Replicel type tactic then will move on to the actual hair cloning in the we'll say heuristic 5 years. That Alex Turkisch or whatever his last name was said he could totally do it too... if we coughed up the dough for his research.

DanielDüsentrieb

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
TissUse has already performed human tests with positive results. IMHO HairClone is a joke.

Proof of Concept in clinical trials is the next value adding milestone toward clinical application and commercial use.

From: https://www.tissuse.com/en/products/regenerative-therapies/

That does not sound like they allready did human trials. @dermrafok where is your information from?

Edit:
HairLossTalk.com: When will the method be tested out in humans as a proof of concept study? If everything goes well, when would be the quickest release on the market so that everyone can access it?

This depends on available funding for a proof of concept. We estimate it will take at least 3 years to finalize the first clinical trials.

From https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/new-research/tissuse-smart-hair-transplants/ 12.09.2017

That does even less sound like they allready did human trials

Last edited: