New Press Release From Organ Technologies

The last of the follicles

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lel, you still don't get it, we need another maintenance solution and that i agree, antiandrogens are sh*t, always have been.

But a Norwood 3-4 who undergo Tsuji to fill his loss, WILL STILL NEED A MAINTENANCE TREATMENT, for the fourth time, Tsuji will not immunize your remaining hair, how is it so complicated to understand ? price for a NW7 back to NW0 will obviously be ridiculous and cosmetic result will look like sh*t, no matter how gifted your surgeon is.

That’s why I said “it doesn’t matter”. If the rest falls, you do the procedure again. I know it’s expensive and how it may not be possible for one and let him have a hole in the top of his head but the point is it’s curable.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So if I'm getting this right:

• There is no new information

• Despite that, people are freaking out about prices.

• Dick-measuring contest

That's about it.

If every New research section threads needed fresh news to be active...

We'll still talk in the Hair Multiplication thread from 2005.

And about everything else will be dead for 12 months.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry but I have a hard time believing that they will charge $135-$150K. With 10,000 patients, they would make over $1B in their FIRST year of operations? I’m not buying it. This Quora answer I lazily found states that in 2013, there were merely 1,922 publicly traded companies in the world with sales north of $1B.

https://www.quora.com/Forbes-400-Ho...-generate-over-US-1-Billion-in-annual-revenue

Yes the answer a few years dated but again it was the first thing I clicked on. My gut feeling says $137-$150K is too high. $50K to $100K seems much more reasonable and closer to the $50K seems more reasonable still. I get the demand argument but who here has actually done the market research to prove that there are 10,000 people in the world that will actually fork over $150K. Keep in mind, we are a small group of absolute fanatics and we would likely be biased and tempted to emotionally over exaggerate what we would expect from other more normal baldies. We can speculate all we want but I wanna see some facts before people start getting carried away.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry but I have a hard time believing that they will charge $135-$150K. With 10,000 patients, they would make over $1B in their FIRST year of operations? I’m not buying it. This Quora answer I lazily found states that in 2013, there were merely 1,922 publicly traded companies in the world with sales north of $1B.

https://www.quora.com/Forbes-400-Ho...-generate-over-US-1-Billion-in-annual-revenue

Yes the answer a few years dated but again it was the first thing I clicked on. My gut feeling says $137-$150K is too high. $50K to $100K seems much more reasonable and closer to the $50K seems more reasonable still. I get the demand argument but who here has actually done the market research to prove that there are 10,000 people in the world that will actually fork over $150K. Keep in mind, we are a small group of absolute fanatics and we would likely be biased and tempted to emotionally over exaggerate what we would expect from other more normal baldies. We can speculate all we want but I wanna see some facts before people start getting carried away.

No offense, but you have heavily cherry-picked info here.

"According to our Global 2000 list, there are 1,922 publicly traded companies in the world with sales of $1 billion or more. (data as of May 2013). See G2K sorted by sales rank on Forbes"

It then immediately says:

"There are hundreds more privately held firms in the world with sales north of $1 billion. Our Largest Private Companies list has 220 U.S. firms all with revenue above $2 billion."

C'mon, man. You seriously expect me to believe you missed that part somehow?

Mars Candy Co. makes over 1 Billion and you think a company offering full heads of hair couldn't hit that when regular transplants that will be child's play by comparison already can charge a down payment on a house's worth per patient?

You doubt Organ Tech could pull in over 1 Billion in its first year when Forbes lists 220 private firms in the USA alone with over TWO billion in sales?

Ridiculous.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get why the admin of hairlosscure is dissapointed with the news because he though they were ahead. I mean it was always stated that human trial will be in 2019

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are between 7.000.000 and 15.000.000 millionaires in the US alone. (lazily googled that just now - couldn't find a definitive answer). Add EU, China and now tell me that you don't find 10.000 people who would be willing to pay 150k for this? Come on.

Yeah, exactly.

It is incredibly naive to assume they couldn't or wouldn't charge six figures for this if they absolutely wanted to and still turn a profit.

As some one said earlier: It's like arguing that sports car brands would be fools to sell million-dollar cars because so many more people would like to buy one.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
i Guess we can be confident that the treatment will be expensive.

Trying to come up with a figure at this point is just wild speculation.

el_duterino

Reaction score
These numbers were mentioned as being the high costs required to restore a full nw1 head of full hair .. starting with a totally bald head, Bezos or Bruce Willis type of guy which require multiple procedures over years and large growing cell numbers to achieve ideal coverage and high density

This is the only procedure that can achieve this - so yes maybe Bezos will go for it he seems concerned by his looks and has the cash

H

Reaction score
If it is 150k we can be confident it will not reach a reasonable price in any relevant time frame to the people who could not pay for it to begin with no matter how much they expand. To reach just under 100k it would have to mark down over 30% which is highly optimistic.

el_duterino

Reaction score
they interviewed people in the street in Japan in that show segment and most said they wont be willing to pay more than 5k USD for such new cloning hair transplant anyways - younger people in Japan have little money to spend and are already struggling with high living costs, and once they get married the (house) wives will say no way and that is the end of it. Plus not too many are very bald anyways.

A regular FUE in Japan, and only a handful of places do FUE its mostly FUT- is easily more than double the cost compared to the US. I went to the US to have mine done.

ORGAN will be serving the wealthy, older baldies at least for a while

Then, being Japan they will probably create some kind of Robot that can do it at a decent price for a decent result which will be targeted to the average guy budget.

Last edited:

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly.

It is incredibly naive to assume they couldn't or wouldn't charge six figures for this if they absolutely wanted to and still turn a profit.

As some one said earlier: It's like arguing that sports car brands would be fools to sell million-dollar cars because so many more people would like to buy one.

for such procedure in the future(commonly called "the cure") there is already a huge reservoir just the "famous people" worldwide in sport, television, media(twitter, instagram etc)where self image is primordial , . Then you add the bosses from all big companies, then people with good wages(engineers, scientists..) and then finally people who struggle to gather all the money(most of us) but at the end who are surely the happier because they know what a dollar is. so all in all it's like in the movie "2012", have a ticket to embark.
+nowadays we know news spread by word of mouth(tweet).
Now regarding the price we need to know more details; I guess there is huge difference between having this procedure done when you are norwood 3A, norwood 3V or norwood 6+.
dunno but it sounds like comparing a guy who go for a hair transplant for slight temple recession (1500 grafts/few hours) vs norwood 6 (5500+grafts/2days procedure, more assistants). it's not the same resources employed.
I'm really curious to know more, like all of us..