Reaction score
http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10012582la.jpg
my.php
http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10012659qw.jpg
my.php

latecomer

Established Member
Reaction score
i think thats Telogen Effluvium. it doesnt look like a classical hairloss. have a look at VWDude, i thnk u may be similar to him. i wish i had ur prob instead of a receeded hairline!! u might want to buzz cut it for now?

chew

Established Member
Reaction score
very similar to my thinning...my hair is longer than yours, so the distinct scalp is often only visible where the hair is parted for me, but the pattern of thinning looks real familiar to me. i do hope it is Telogen Effluvium, but i also fear dupa or whatever it is called

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup it definitely looks like Telogen Effluvium to me too. male pattern baldness follows an obvious pattern. Your thinning is diffuse and varried.

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
Dont automatically say its Telogen Effluvium and get this guys hopes up. it may very well be, but the thing that has me saying something is how it looks like its thinning a tiny bit on the top.. it could just be my over active imagination though, as i wish i had your hair

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ha welcome to my world Trucking.
The vertex is the worst man for me too. Fuckin hate it. Ive been using minoxidil at night for the past 2 weeks to try to speed up the recovery...cant hurt i guess

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
I will say its Telogen Effluvium. I saw some example pic of Telogen Effluvium and its look pretty much same. But what your doctor told you?

By the way, there is no clear frontal pic, so i am wondering if your hair line is receded or not.

truking10

Established Member
Reaction score
well the Doctor told me i have Telogen Effluvium and the biospy came back as Telogen Effluvium also, my hair line is good i mean alittle thinning or lighter but still a good hair line

chew

Established Member
Reaction score
going through a similar thing i definitely agree it is Telogen Effluvium, but probably like truking10, I am wondering a. is the Telogen Effluvium a welcome to male pattern baldness present to start it off with an unfortunate bang and b. is there anything that could/should be done at this point (propecia, minoxidil, vits, whatever)?

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
it could be t.e ..it could be t.e bringing about male pattern baldness. you've posted no clear pic of the crown area. in your previous pictures you were thinning at the crown as well as the sides.

how long have you been losing hair...and did you lose it right after your scare about cancer or something?..

in short...how long did it take for your hair to get to this state...did you go from a full head of hair to this way in just a few months or did it take longer.

is your hair growing back thinner in diameter. do you lose hair that is shorter than the rest of the hair on your head , and which is tapering off towards the end?...

only you can diagnose your hairloss.

truking10

Established Member
Reaction score
ive noticed my hairloss since febuay about 3 months after my scare, i am no longer lossing my thick long hairs, im now losing thin shorter hairs, still havent gotten my stress under control

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
t.e doesnt miniturize hair..you wouldnt have re-grown thinner hair and be losing thin hair if it was 'only' t.e

february...your hair got to this state in just 6 months?....i dont know..i'd say its a t.e ..but thats just my opinion. in some of the previous threads you posted a couple of guys replied saying your pattern of hairloss matched theirs and they had male pattern baldness if i remember correctly..

i'd relax..and get some L-lysene like i asked...an amino for hair regrowth for t.e . throw in minoxidil for around 3 - 4 months..

your sides do look like t.e

chew

Established Member
Reaction score
i have a vary similar pattern, it has taken a bout 1 year to go from no hair loss at all to similar to yours. it does seem to be all over (top and sides), and i have basically thought it is the male pattern baldness and Telogen Effluvium combo platter, but interestingly enough, though I do loose 200-300 hairs everyday, they all seem the same size--i mean some are shorter than others, but only like one in ten or twenty is any thinner than the others...and as i understood about 1/10 of regular hair is a little thinner...would this be a sign it is not male pattern baldness...

so to better phrase the question, if it is male pattern baldness would the hair definitely be getting thinner or is their some varient where you just get less hair?

finally one more side note for diffue balders or Telogen Effluvium folks, it could be my imagination but it definitely seems like I used to have 1-3 hairs coming out of each follicle on my head, usually they had 2...but now i mostly have 1 hair coming out of each follicle. has anyone noticed this or have an explanation?

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinner hair could be result of other factors than male pattern baldness, sebum build up, malnutrition for example.

chew said:
it could be my imagination but it definitely seems like I used to have 1-3 hairs coming out of each follicle on my head, usually they had 2...but now i mostly have 1 hair coming out of each follicle. has anyone noticed this or have an explanation?

I see that some times, 2 hair attached together but I think it’s a illusion cased by sebum build up which attach 2/3 hair together looks like as if they from same follicle.

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
for the millionth time..

if you lose a lot of short thin hair...or alot of short hair thats tapered off towards the end..(not towards the bulb)..thats indicative of male pattern baldness since it indicates shorter anagen cycle.

t.e ..does not thin out the diameter of your hair.

i dont believe anything does for that matter besides MBP.