New Northwestern Article On finasteride And dutasteride. (bad News)

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll keep you posted.

There was mostly sarcasm in my post. Guys with low T are most likely to get sides.

I understand it was tongue in check, it just sets a dangerous precedent to make some guys feel pressured to tolerate the sides which could be dangerous.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
Lmaoo, if you're not bobster himself you're his f*****g brother or father. does ur made up number make you feel better about the fact that you're not on the drug? Keep coping. These forums would be a f*****g bloodbath if 65% of users had dead dick.

Persistent sides are as stated in the study around 1.4%.

I got sides but have several friends who had mild or none.

This drug can be harmful but let's not pretend a whopping 60% get long lasting sides, have to agree with joey here.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
My advice would be try finasteride, if you get sides get off. If you get bad sides get off asap, don't ride it out as the study warns.

I ignore sides for too long my last try on the drug. Prior to that time I healed quickly. It's when you ride sides out that you get issues.

g.i joey

Reaction score
My advice would be try finasteride, if you get sides get off. If you get bad sides get off asap, don't ride it out as the study warns.

I also think Merck should have a protocol to coming off the drug.

For example, when you take an AI you're nuking estrogen. It is advised to ween off the drug so that you don't experience something called "estrogen rebound" which is your estrogen rushing back all at once and then crashing. I feel like this is completely applicable to DHT and AAs. I wish we'd have a study or some data on the effects of weening off the drug in comparison to cold turkey stopping.

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmaoo, if you're not bobster himself you're his f*****g brother or father. does ur made up number make you feel better about the fact that you're not on the drug? Keep coping. These forums would be a f*****g bloodbath if 65% of users had dead dick.

It's not a made up number man. Unless you believed falsified Merck clinical trials. Subsequent studies have shown side effect percentages much much higher than "official studies"

We need better f*****g treatments. Like I posted before. A drug company needs to develop a method of suppressing DHT levels without blocking vital enzymes that control so much other functions.

We would have a goldmine with much less side effects.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not a made up number man. Unless you believed falsified Merck clinical trials. Subsequent studies have shown side effect percentages much much higher than "official studies"

Where are these subsequent studies? Are they double-blind studies? They better have a placebo group because rates of side effects for both placebo and finasteride group are going to be MUCH MUCH higher now that everyone thinks finasteride causes ED

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are these subsequent studies? Are they double-blind studies? They better have a placebo group because rates of side effects for both placebo and finasteride group are going to be MUCH MUCH higher now that everyone thinks finasteride causes ED

We need better treatments. Safer treatments. Ways to block dht from attaching to hair follicles but keeping healthy high amounts of it in the body.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
We need better f*****g treatments. Like I posted before. A drug company needs to develop a method of suppressing DHT levels without blocking vital enzymes that control so much other functions.

I agree we need better treatments because finasteride isn't even very effective at stopping hair loss for many people. There is a much much larger percentage of people who continue losing hair on finasteride than those who get side effects.

g.i joey

Reaction score
It's not a made up number man. Unless you believed falsified Merck clinical trials. Subsequent studies have shown side effect percentages much much higher than "official studies".

Lol we're looking at an article that is clearly exposing finasterides effect on a minority of peopl. Don't you think they'd be more than happy to use a higher percentage than 1.4% so that this study holds more weight?

You literally pulled a number out of your *** man, unless you can back that number up with "subsequent studies" I call complete bs.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
We need better treatments. Safer treatments. Ways to block dht from attaching to hair follicles but keeping healthy high amounts of it in the body.
I am always for safer, more effective treatments. But this is all we got for now. If you can hold out good for you. The issue with hair loss is, even if a better treatment comes around in 3 or 4 years, if you lose significant hair in that time you're screwed. It is much much more difficult to get hair back then to keep your hair. It would be ideal to stay on these treatments until something better comes around so you can drop them.

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't believe any information or studies Merck conducts. Vioxx passed clinical trials and look what happened. They lied to the FDA and got caught doctoring clinical trial statistics for Vioxx.
Lol we're looking at an article that is clearly exposing finasterides effect on a minority of peopl. Don't you think they'd be more than happy to use a higher percentage than 1.4% so that this study holds more weight?

You literally pulled a number out of your *** man, unless you can back that number up with "subsequent studies" I call complete bs.

The Irwig study. There have been others as well. But point is we need BETTER safer less riskier treatments.

Block dht from only hair follicles should be the focus. No blocking enzymes irreversible inhibitors etc.

Finasteride will be ancient news with new treatments in the pipeline

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score

I have never seen a subsequent study done that includes a placebo group. The issue with any subsequent studies now is that a majority of people who would be in the study already know that finasteride can cause ED and are probably told so before entering the study. This is going to cause the rates of ED to go way up, so it would only be reliable if a placebo group was used as well.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Block dht from only hair follicles should be the focus. No blocking enzymes irreversible inhibitors etc.
I don't think DHT is even the true culprit. I think more funding needs to go into research for hair loss. Hair loss needs to stop being treated as a joke, seriously fucks up people's lives.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Razzabo Irwig study was not conducted to see what percentage of people were affected by finasteride. It took a small sample of people that claimed to be affected by PFS. It is still a useful study, but its more so useful in helping people who are affected by PFS, to help understand how to treat them.

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think DHT is even the true culprit. I think more funding needs to go into research for hair loss. Hair loss needs to stop being treated as a joke, seriously fucks up people's lives.

I think it just accelerates the thinning of hair if you have male pattern baldness. Yes it does need to be taken seriously.

f*****g finasteride was only found as a side effect to slow down hair loss.

There is a lot of money to be made in the hair loss industry. These companies better f*****g hurry up.

Crispr technology will eventually be able to remove the hair loss gene from human DNA.

HankPentagon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finastersuicide.

1 month was all I needed on it for it to screw me over. Luckily it wasn't fully permanent.

If i was 19 again i would just trim it close and become a bodybuilder not on steroids.

That seems to be the best option unless you are short or ectomorph, in which case you can
become a long distance runner or cyclist.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If i was 19 again i would just trim it close and become a bodybuilder not on steroids.

That seems to be the best option unless you are short or ectomorph, in which case you can
I'm a 6ft2 ecto, which one do i choose, lol

Norwoodcemetary

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im 8months in on finasteride 32yrs old and last nite i was getting oral n my erection was soft as hell..never ever has happened b4...i wasnt drinking no i dont take any other meds besides finasteride...kinda scary...will report back

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score

Good suggestions.

By the way did you get a new job after walking out 1.5 hours into your temp one last week?