New guy and his story

albionlad

Reaction score
5th Dec

3 months finasteride, 1 month 5% min/Azelaic acid on corners

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

albionlad

Reaction score
I got a compliment today on my hair, definately a nice thing when it is on your mind all the time

I've ran out of Finasteride. Do I get another batch or try Dutasteride twice a week?

colt24

Reaction score
I've recently started to experience shedding, never before have I noticed any hairs plucked from my very head. Were you prescribed finasteride by a doctor or did you find other sources ?

albionlad

Reaction score
I had a legit prescription for 3 months Finasteride but I need to book in for a follow up to get more as I have run out of tablets since last week. I recommend Finasteride, it gets a thumbs up from me so far.

If I wanted to go for Dutasteride I would most likely have to source elsewhere as I doubt I would have an easy time getting hold of a prescription for it. Also, the safety profile is a little more controversial than finasteride. I've read varying stories of it working wonders and also causing disasters...

Interestingly, the 5% minoxidil/Azelaic acid (also has retinol in it) seems to be sprouting longer vellus hairs just below my hairline on my frontalis muscle so I will take this as a good sign.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a legit prescription for 3 months Finasteride but I need to book in for a follow up to get more as I have run out of tablets since last week. I recommend Finasteride, it gets a thumbs up from me so far.

If I wanted to go for Dutasteride I would most likely have to source elsewhere as I doubt I would have an easy time getting hold of a prescription for it. Also, the safety profile is a little more controversial than finasteride. I've read varying stories of it working wonders and also causing disasters...

Interestingly, the 5% minoxidil/Azelaic acid (also has retinol in it) seems to be sprouting longer vellus hairs just below my hairline on my frontalis muscle so I will take this as a good sign.

Im a 17 year old on dutasteride but I dont see why you would try it. Your hair look good and from the looks of it finasteride is working for you. Dont try it unless you run out of all other options.

Eightballd

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a 19 year old on dutasteride and I say do what ever feels right if you can deal with the financial aspect of taking dutasteride and won't get any sides there is no reason not to do it.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
True do what you want. Not going to discourage anyone from using dutasteride if they feel the need. Hope you have the success youre looking for although from my POV it does not look like you have miniaturization, might just be the pics

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
Im a 17 year old on dutasteride but I dont see why you would try it. Your hair look good and from the looks of it finasteride is working for you. Dont try it unless you run out of all other options.

I have to agree with this. Besides some minor recession you look pretty great. Give finasteride a chance and until it loses effectiveness venture with other stuff.

albionlad

Reaction score
Thank for your advice guys. I ended up a week without finasteride but I managed to get a refill last week so I didn't spend too much time without.

DonWant2BeBald, thank you. My dream is to fill the corners in a little and keep onto what I have. Although the success I am looking for is to be able to go a day without thinking about it

shookwun

Reaction score
so your on finasteride and you're not even going bald?

wheres the militarization? all i see is a full head of hair.

your temples wont fill in?why because their is no miniturzation nor does finasteride grow hair on sly skin....

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
NW1 no recession

albionlad

Reaction score
4 months Finasteride, 2 months Min/Azelaic acid 5% on hairline corners. My hair is damp in the pictures as per the last one, I try to replicate the lighting

left04jan.jpgmiddle04jan.jpgright04jan.jpg

albionlad

Reaction score
I've taken a break from the forums in last 3 months or so, but return to give an update. At this point I am about nearly 8 months on Finasteride, and nearly 6 months on Minoxidil/Azelaic acid 5% on the corners of my hairline. The pictures are taken in the same bright lighting.

left28apr.jpgmiddle28apr.jpgright28apr.jpg

I have been the happiest in the last 3 months and my anxiety has been reduced. My libido is the best it has been since before taking Finasteride, and I personally believe that any libido effects I may have felt early on would more likely have been down to my anxiety and so on.

Many thanks

g.i joey

Reaction score
The front of ur hairline definately improved... alot of people on here want people to be nw3 before they even take a step in thinking they have hairloss.. im glad unwere able to stop it so early and the quality of your hair does look alot better..

Diego96

Reaction score
Hi albionlad,

Your hair resembles mine a lot -or atleast it did when you first started finasteride. I'm currently 18 and I used to have a hair line like that of Luis Suarez (that's the best example I could come up with) but over the past year or so I have noticed that I've lost hair in the corners of my forehead. I have an appointment with a dermatologist next week and I'll consult him about my hair loss. Would you recommend that I ask him for a prescription for finasteride? Or should I jump straight on dutasteride?

And also, how long will you say it took for you to restore your hairline to it's original density?

albionlad

Reaction score
Personally I would try Propecia first buddy

I shed a whole lot of hair in the first month and it seemed to stabilise after 3 months

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good hairline buddy. I've had a quick look, not sure if the hairline has gone forward or anything, but it looks very balanced now.

albionlad

Reaction score
Aye that has been my plan, I've always had a high/weird hairline, even spiteful girls used to tell me I look like I was going bald when I was 15. So if this combination just helps me maintain for now I am quite happy

albionlad

Reaction score
WellI have ran out of Finasteride since my last update, due to lack of funds (I was paying a lot compared to most on here) and even time to go get more.

I am contemplating whether to continue Finasteride, or move up to 0.5 Dutasteride a week?

Thanks