New GB for Proven Treatment: Cyclosporine A

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, here miniaturised vellus hair turned into thick terminal hair in a single hair cycle in immunodeficient mice.
f*****g hell... so you take a human follicle out of their scalp and it thrives in ONE single cycle to full terminal. That's insane. How fucked up is our scalp lol. At least it is hopeful to know miniaturized follicles are still capable of going back to full potential

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*****g hell... so you take a human follicle out of their scalp and it thrives in ONE single cycle to full terminal. That's insane. How fucked up is our scalp lol. At least it is hopeful to know miniaturized follicles are still capable of going back to full potential

It's one of those studies that changes your whole thinking about hair loss.

A lot of time & theorizing gets wasted on the forums because people aren't aware of it.

44core

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. This reminds me of a strange post from a european hairloss forum many years ago. I can't quite remember the exact story but someone talked about his boss and how he suddenly sproused new hair after being away for several weeks. He was basically cured. Somehow it was said that he was in the hospital that time. He asked his boss a few times how the change in hair was possible but he kept saying he couldn't tell him. There also were logical points why neither a hair piece nor a transplant were responsible.

The OP then asked a Doctor and told the story. He was just shocked and said something like a decent doctor wouldn't even talk about something like that.
The secrecy may be a bit exaggerated, whatever , the conclusion in the forum was, this guy interrupted his immune system for weeks while being under medical supervision.

If that's really the case, I'm just wondering why this "possible" procedure is so unknown, even if it's not a suitable one.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
We are ordering this now. The human study used once weekly applications at 5%. This mouse study used 1%, and all treated mice entered anagen by day 15 compared with day 40 for the control groups. The price is only $80 plus shipping for 15 grams. At 1% daily $80 buys enough to last 2 years.

View attachment 181524

@losingbattle88

Dogchebag

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm already struggling to keep up with my protocol but if it can be combined somehow I might be in. Pegasus wanna PM you to ask u smth yh

resu

Reaction score
Can Androgenetic Alopecia be classified as an autoimmune disease? This treatment giving you AaaaaAAAaaAAaaIDSSSSssssss while giving you the best results ouf of any treatment sounds insane and a cruel joke.

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We are ordering this now. The human study used once weekly applications at 5%. This mouse study used 1%, and all treated mice entered anagen by day 15 compared with day 40 for the control groups. The price is only $80 plus shipping for 15 grams. At 1% daily $80 buys enough to last 2 years. Cheaper than Kirklands minoxidil

View attachment 181524

Finasteride needs to be with it

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We are ordering this now. The human study used once weekly applications at 5%. This mouse study used 1%, and all treated mice entered anagen by day 15 compared with day 40 for the control groups. The price is only $80 plus shipping for 15 grams. At 1% daily $80 buys enough to last 2 years. Cheaper than Kirklands minoxidil

View attachment 181524

This causes aids in 100% of people

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think at this point we should be well aware that if a drug helps hairloss it’s not always due to the know mechanism of the drug especially if the hairloss effect was discovered as a side effect.

For example minoxidil, Botox and now cyclosporine

Minxodil works by opening calcium(or potassium?) channels NOT through vasodilation, Botox works by inhibiting some factor and stimulating a pathway (forgot the specifics) NOT CAUSE SCALP TENSION or Bluuuuuudflow theory

And so cyclosporine doesn’t work by inhibiting immune system rather through inhibiting certain necrosis/apoptosis factors and stimulating the wnt pathway, Kevin/haircafe released a video recently actually about it.

But cyclosporine murders immune system and even topical might mean nasty fungal or bacterial infection of the scalp. Further research is definitely needed but if proven safe, this could be even better than minoxidil as cyclosporine is rather safe for other organs except the immune system inhibition unlike minoxidil which is very toxic to heart and causes fluid retention