New GB for Proven Treatment: Cyclosporine A

HansMetjen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If we get enough orders we can get this for under $200. Be aware it's a dangerous drug, not for human consumption. For research only. CsA is a powerful immunosuppresant, and has some hepa- and renal toxicity. It is proven to be a powerful hair growth promoter. More powerful than minoxidil in those who respond to treatment.

CsA may be a substitute for HMI-115. There was a paper out a few years ago speculating that SFRP1 inhibition was the moa for CsA, however WAY-316606 is a potent SFRP1 inhibitior and has not worked nearly as well as CsA in vivo thus far. It has also been speculated that the mechanism of action for CsA is through suppression of the PRLR.

At the bottom of the post are two studies; one using oral CsA to treat alopecia areata. 6mg/kg/day. In this AA trial full regrowth was observed in 3 months. The other study used 5% CsA once a week on the scalp. Only 2 people responded to treatment while 6 did not. However, the two that responded grew 381.5 new hairs on average in 12 months. Perhaps with more regular dosing the response rate would have been better. CsA is a very large molecule which doesn't easily penetrate the skin. The non-responders probably didn't get any significant absorption. Topical CsA does not work for psoriasis, but it does work when injected into psoriatic lesions. I believe it is through suppression of PRLR that CsA works. We've all seen the HMI-115 results on macaques. I believe CsA if properly delivered could work nearly as well as HMI-115, albeit with a lot more toxicity. There are reports of men with male pattern baldness taking CsA for other conditions and regrowing hair that was lost decades ago. I suspect that daily mesotherapy, or slight dermarolling before daily applications could significantly improve the response rate.

From the Androgenetic Alopecia trial:

From the oral AA trial:

View attachment 180416View attachment 180417
View attachment 180419

Rivertown tested a treatment that was comprised of CsA, minoxidil, and their own proprietary drug. Mostly likely 90%+ of the hair growth can be attributed to CsA and minoxidil. Combining CsA and minoxidil with a potent AA would likely be more effective. Here are their results:

View attachment 180423View attachment 180424

There is a new topical formulation for CsA that was shown effective in mice, without systemic exposure.

Interesting drug. Kevin Mann talked about it. Not sure whether it's worth the risks? Will I maintain the gains with minoxidil and Finasteride? I wouldn't want to take that stuff indefinitely.

HansMetjen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About 95% of people who take it have hypertrichosis. Famous hair researcher Ralf Paus called it the most powerful hypertrichosis promoting drug.
Ah, that's not good. I don't want to become an ape :(

coco_304

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That probably wouldn't be enough to grow hair on your head. Why would you take it orally instead of topically?
That's why we take it topically
How mg of it needed.
About topically, dont know its seems more difficult to use topically, dont know how to make it too.

HansMetjen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
10mg/ml. There are threads on here which discuss making topicals. Using it topically may not prevent side effects, but it is likely safer than using it orally.
Are we talking mg or µg? Some people confuse them....

resu

Reaction score
That probably wouldn't be enough to grow hair on your head. Why would you take it orally instead of topically?

That's why we take it topically
Even minoxidil makes my eyelashes long, when blinking they would occasionally get stuck. I'm off minoxidil for 2 years and that doesn't happen anymore, only applied minoxidil 1ml each day on the crown.

Same would happen with this stuff or worse.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about taking it 4 mg a day orally

Cyclosporine is used in organ transplants recepients to suppress their immune system from attacking the transplanted organs. This drug is a toxin from some fungi that murders immune system and it’s not a side effect, murdering immune system is it’s main use.

So use your brain and think how this stuff even at low doses might not be a good idea. Hint: Our immune systems protect us from infections

The hope with topical is it doesn’t penetrate below the outer skin layer where hair follicles are and doesn’t get to bloodstream but we don’t know cause it hasn’t been researched for this purpose

coco_304

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cyclosporine is used in organ transplants recepients to suppress their immune system from attacking the transplanted organs. This drug is a toxin from some fungi that murders immune system and it’s not a side effect, murdering immune system is it’s main use.

So use your brain and think how this stuff even at low doses might not be a good idea. Hint: Our immune systems protect us from infections

The hope with topical is it doesn’t penetrate below the outer skin layer where hair follicles are and doesn’t get to bloodstream but we don’t know cause it hasn’t been researched for this purpose
So i can stay at home and take it for 3 months.
How much to take it for seeing results.