New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Did my 9th roll today , Got some blood but not a lot , Put Emu oil , I can't wait until my 12th roll and take a rest to my hair and myself as well , feel tired .

SCALPMASTER

Reaction score
I found this today, a bit more information about PGD2 just thought you guys might like to see it.

Male pattern baldness affects 80 percent of males under the age of 70 and occurs when hair follicles shrink then grows tiny hairs that only last a short time. After this, not much happens at all.
According to the research, bald men have an abnormal amount of a protein called D2 on their scalps and blocks hair growth.
Drugs that inhibit the growth of D2 can delay male pattern baldness and restore hair growth “in all men that have male pattern baldness” says George Cotsarelis, M.D. This should work for women as well.
Similar compounds are already being developed for reasons other than baldness but ‘it shouldn’t take too long” says Cotsarellis to find those that work to reverse baldness.
Jeffery Epstein, M.D., director of the Foundation for Hair Restoration in Miami and New York City, asks “Is this promising? Of course. Anything that can treat male pattern hair loss at the cellular level is exciting. To date, this is the most specific way we have seen to inhibit hair loss.”

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes....es-male-pattern-baldness-and-r/#ixzz2u563iiIF
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
I also read on here that a few of you experienced more hairline recession on the right side, that is also the case for me.

My theory is that it is from all of the cell phone usage. I mostly pick up calls on my right side and I feel like all of the electromagnetic radiation is wreaking havoc on my hair. A recent study showed that when people used a cell phone for 50 minutes, brain tissues on the same side of the head as the phone’s antenna metabolized more glucose than did tissues on the opposite side of the brain. The researchers noted that the results are preliminary, and possible health outcomes from this increase in glucose metabolism are still unknown. If it's doing that to our brain, then what about our hair follicles??

I rarely use a cell phone and only for the past few years. I use it on the right side yet my left temple has the most recesssion.

Did another DRing session last night. It was awfully painful. Wanted to stop halfway through but just endured through the pain. I would have hoped that it would hurt less and less with time but nope!

Question -- after how many sessions until you toss it and use a new DR? Maybe my needles are getting too dull.

Same with me. I did my 11th roll and it was the most painful and I wanted to stop. It also took more effort to get blood.

- - - Updated - - -

I found this today, a bit more information about PGD2 just thought you guys might like to see it.

Male pattern baldness affects 80 percent of males under the age of 70 and occurs when hair follicles shrink then grows tiny hairs that only last a short time.

I'd like to now where they got this 80% from. In all my years, especially at work where you see lots of people everyday, it seemed like it is closer to 20%. That's why it is so hated by society, it effects a lot less than it doesn't. If it was really 80%, people would be making fun of people with full heads of hair.

CharlesXavier

Reaction score
I rarely use a cell phone and only for the past few years. I use it on the right side yet my left temple has the most recesssion.

Same with me. I did my 11th roll and it was the most painful and I wanted to stop. It also took more effort to get blood.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to now where they got this 80% from. In all my years, especially at work where you see lots of people everyday, it seemed like it is closer to 20%. That's why it is so hated by society, it effects a lot less than it doesn't. If it was really 80%, people would be making fun of people with full heads of hair.
I think the study is saying that most men experience "some" level of hair loss *** they age...i can believe that bu the thing is for some its minimal maybe barely even noticable for you and me its a serious issue were its out of control...im sure thats what its trying to say

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Did my 12th roll today and it was the most painful. Couldn't even do a good job at the hairline and temples, even using numbing creme. I ordered a new roller and hope it is just that my old current one has become dull.

dsd

Reaction score
Status M. 46y. NW5:

Treatment:
- pictures taken with USB camera 200-x magnification from vertex area, spot identified by small birthmark
- started minoxidil foam 5% in mid of November 2-daily
- started head massaging and manual exfoliating (removing of comedos, whiteheads on the scalp) in mid of November, 20 minutes daily
- started derma rolling 18th of December with 1.5mm weekly; 2.0mm for last 2 sessions
- 0.2mm 2-daily as pre-treatment for minoxidil
- no other products used

18 Dec 2013
dr_20131218.jpg

08 Jan 2014
dr_20140108.jpg

22 Feb 2014
dr_20140222.jpg

Have a nice roll!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Looking impressive Dsd. Your photo quality is superb. Approximately how long have you been a NW5? Are you achieving similar results every where else on your scalp? I wish you continued progress and all the best!

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score

Male pattern baldness affects 80 percent of males under the age of 70 and occurs when hair follicles shrink then grows tiny hairs that only last a short time. After this, not much happens at all.
According to the research, bald men have an abnormal amount of a protein called D2 on their scalps and blocks hair growth.
Drugs that inhibit the growth of D2 can delay male pattern baldness and restore hair growth “in all men that have male pattern baldness” says George Cotsarelis, M.D. This should work for women as well.
Similar compounds are already being developed for reasons other than baldness but ‘it shouldn’t take too long” says Cotsarellis to find those that work to reverse baldness.
Jeffery Epstein, M.D., director of the Foundation for Hair Restoration in Miami and New York City, asks “Is this promising? Of course. Anything that can treat male pattern hair loss at the cellular level is exciting. To date, this is the most specific way we have seen to inhibit hair loss.”

Interesting, I am having a 2 week break from derma rolling to give my scalp a rest, I might get back on it with topical cetirizine and see how that goes.

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Status M. 46y. NW5:

Treatment:
- pictures taken with USB camera 200-x magnification from vertex area, spot identified by small birthmark
- started minoxidil foam 5% in mid of November 2-daily
- started head massaging and manual exfoliating (removing of comedos, whiteheads on the scalp) in mid of November, 20 minutes daily
- started derma rolling 18th of December with 1.5mm weekly; 2.0mm for last 2 sessions
- 0.2mm 2-daily as pre-treatment for minoxidil
- no other products used

18 Dec 2013
View attachment 24134

08 Jan 2014
View attachment 24135

22 Feb 2014
View attachment 24136

Have a nice roll!

Have you noticed any minoxidil systematic side effects from using the .20 mm roller before applying the minoxidil?

BeliefISKEY

Established Member
Reaction score
Just one general note: All positive reports of DR + minoxidil treatment we got back are from people with diffuse thinning. This includes princessRambo (though his regimen is way too complex to say it was dermarolling) and jason5. Just some food for thought.

Nope. Not casperz, prettyfly (I think that's his name) squeege, youcandoit, and more. The majority of the people that have reported results reported REGROWTH, not just hair thickening. =D

- - - Updated - - -

Conceptually, Botox “loosens” the scalp, reducing pressure on the perforating vasculature, thereby increasing blood flow and oxygen concentration.
this was a study in 2010
Treatment of Male Pattern Baldness with Botulinum Toxin: A Pilot Study

http://journals.lww.com/plasreconsu...Male_Pattern_Baldness_with_Botulinum.79.aspx#

But they don't talk about botox and its effect on arrector pili muscle that in a normal state squeeze the sebaceous gland and drain out the sebum

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0190962204005560

OTOH BeliefYSKEY return soon, you are a good guy, as Benjt....

Hi Armando.

In the study, the Botox shots were administered to the muscles surrounding the scalp.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, if we don't buy into some unproven theories about hair loss like cellphone microwaves melting our hair follicles, it's because we want to be bald.

Blood flow? Really? Are we still talking about this in 2014? The blood flow theory (yes it was a thing) was already around in the late 90's on the internet. No one's ever regrown a single hair by massaging and "loosening" their scalp, whetever that means. Do me a favour, take a knife, cut one of your temples, and tell me if you don't see blood "flowing".

And? What's your point? At least they actually work to an extend, because they are proven to work. We have not seen any conclusive evidence about any of these DIY treatments.

We have higher ranks because the rating system is fair and there are more sensible and educated people (fortunately) than people with no critical thinking and healthy scepticism.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: the hair loss world is a cruel world, be highly critical of anything you see about it on the internet, always question everything. Don't make stupid mistakes, like avoiding proven treatments only to bitterly regret it later. The ignorance you're portraying and the lack of humility some of you are showing could lead you to a very dark place later, when you find out that unfortunately, you were wrong, and now can't go back.

Again, "reporting" regrowth without solid evidence (pictures taken with the same angle and lightning that show clear differences) on an internet forum is completely useless.

What was that bro? Sorry, I was too busy focusing on one of my recent posts being deleted.... You know, the post that included a link to a study that proved you, bushbush, and all of your other accounts (cough cough) I mean other friends, WRONG. Armando's post basically proves it... lol. I was the one that posed that study after you (oops I meant BushBush) claimed their was no"evidence" that suggest lack of blood flow or nutrients is the cause to male pattern baldness. I mean, he brought up a great point there... We should all ignore the fact that most peoples scalps (PEOPLE WITH male pattern baldness THAT IS) tingle after massaging it, go nearly completely numb, bleeds way less the very first couple of times after dermarolling, etc. We should also ignore the handful of studies that support the blood flow theory and call the studies fake. Let's just all be like you and post nothing but negativity, call everything that isn't supported by the big Pharma companies "quackery", and (THIS ONE KILLS ME EVERY TIME) come on here and say things like "GENETIC male pattern baldness HAS "NEVER BEEN CURED BEFORE" (WHICH IS A LIE) & basically say that we are attempting to stop the inevitable, yet you're on an experimental forum that was made to find way to stop/regrow hair? What is your purpose here exactly? Anyways, , I'm off.:punk:

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
I just completed my first roll tonight after a 2 month break.

It was my first with a 2.5MM vs. the 1.5MM. It was difficult to roll, so I settled with just stamping it and making sure I got full coverage that way. It really does seem to go in a good amount deeper- you have to use a decent amount of force to pull it out of the holes created.

Used my steamer before which always helps with getting the needles through the scalp and prevents a war with the top layer of skin. It became more difficult later on in the session after the scalp started to cool down and tighten up a little bit post-steam.

Immediately after, I drank a protein shake with 60 grams of protein and took 5,000MG of MSM to help support recovery and reconstruction.

No topicals yet.

Does anyone know if folligen, tricomin or vaseline have any anti-inflammatory properties?

CharlesXavier

Reaction score
Of course, if we don't buy into some unproven theories about hair loss like cellphone microwaves melting our hair follicles, it's because we want to be bald.

Blood flow? Really? Are we still talking about this in 2014? The blood flow theory (yes it was a thing) was already around in the late 90's on the internet. No one's ever regrown a single hair by massaging and "loosening" their scalp, whetever that means. Do me a favour, take a knife, cut one of your temples, and tell me if you don't see blood "flowing".

And? What's your point? At least they actually work to an extend, because they are proven to work. We have not seen any conclusive evidence about any of these DIY treatments.

We have higher ranks because the rating system is fair and there are more sensible and educated people (fortunately) than people with no critical thinking and healthy scepticism.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: the hair loss world is a cruel world, be highly critical of anything you see about it on the internet, always question everything. Don't make stupid mistakes, like avoiding proven treatments only to bitterly regret it later. The ignorance you're portraying and the lack of humility some of you are showing could lead you to a very dark place later, when you find out that unfortunately, you were wrong, and now can't go back.

Again, "reporting" regrowth without solid evidence (pictures taken with the same angle and lightning that show clear differences) on an internet forum is completely useless.

Posts like these keep me off the forum. Complete speculation and fails to acknowledge that many people have regrown/restored their hairs/hair follicles to a fully functional, normal size. Some people just want to stay bald.

- - - Updated - - -

You haven't made an attempt to loosen your scalp even after you said it was overly tight? How do you expect blood to flow to your follicles if your scalp's blood flow is disrupted?

- - - Updated - - -

*YAWN* another quackwater. I've seen a crazy amount of people here post successful results on here without using pharmaceutical drugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, it has worked on nearly anyone on here accept for the people that do nothing but bash on dermarollering and alternative therapies, call everything quackery, and don't contribute to anything. Lol notice how Kriby and Fred have very high ranks but nobody likes them? This site is a joke...

- - - Updated - - -

LOL see what I mean? & Misleading angles? ****, they must be receiving commission on the dermarollers that are being sold! Quackery! Don't believe me? Here's a link.... it will tell you! It's a .gov site, so you can trust it!

- - - Updated - - -

Keep at it man! So far I've seen everyone report thicker hair, except for the fake unbiased reviews of course. Hopefully everything works out for you!

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Please try and record your results, as this is a slow process and you will get discouraged quickly if you lack patience!
Calm down bro i never said dr wasnt effective or that it didnt work for some people..but you have to also understand everyone has different levels and causes for male pattern baldness...we all have diff hair types skin genes etc etc..i merely said that we also need to find something to help dr such as a pgd2 inhibitor which isnt a bad thing...so calm your tits before you go on a b**ch rant

K

karankaran

Every theory that has been debunked in the last century is propping up again in this thread. I mean cellphone waves and follicles!!! seriously???

if there was such an unconvincing proof for all the crackpot stuff that is thrown around here by the 'supremely enlightened' members, there would have been no debate. If you believe you have regrowth and you have not, what is the point!

Some members here try to fool people by posting pics that have different variables like angles, lighting, etc. and for what? Just to push your sickening ideology that scientific method of inquiry and evidence is a SHAM...just like the perpetual motion machines advocates say that the second law of thermodynamics is a sham , since there is always an alibi that your non-existent results are being suppressed, you can keep on going about how something worked wonderfully for u but does not work for others.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score

I think I found the real reason for male pattern baldness. It is because we don't sleep on the top of our heads. You see, the horseshoe pattern comes about because when we sleep the sides and the back of our head are on a pillow and this forces the hairs to stay inside the follicles. They are basically forced in for several hours per night. Since the top of our head doesn't rest on the pillow, there is nothing to push on the hairs and keep them in the follicles.

So from now on, I am going to sleep on the top of my head only. Probably do it on a bed of nails so it is like dermarolling at the same time.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi hair friends.

-i dont shed.
-wounded areas still not getting oily hair.
-galea elasticity seems still increased.

hi

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Every theory that has been debunked in the last century is propping up again in this thread. I mean cellphone waves and follicles!!! seriously???

if there was such an unconvincing proof for all the crackpot stuff that is thrown around here by the 'supremely enlightened' members, there would have been no debate. If you believe you have regrowth and you have not, what is the point!

Even worse you have the members who say "great regrowth, keep rolling" when there is no proof from the photos.

- - - Updated - - -

That one killed me too. If you have no blood flow to your skin it would rot away.

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
accidentaly posted in the wrong thread but anyway:

This is the newest observation, around.. 15th rolling done, now doing it only once every 2 weeks. This spot in the center of the picture was completely bald as you can see (where the tiny dark hairs are spouting). Not posting this to get everyones hopes up because I have no idea if they will grow like normal hair and also - that spot was bald for around one year max, so regrowing hair with DRing that was "dead" a long time might be alot harder, if not impossible. For me its not magic cure but it did work for my crown and a bit on the front too because I dont have to use toppik there anymore so thats a win for sure. Time will tell, hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

(left temple)
1.jpg

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.