New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Squeegee got out of hand in his insults IMO, but we needed him around - he was like our 'drill sergeant' keeping us disciplined and motivated to stick to the rolling experiment. Maybe he oversold how effective rolling is/could be at time, but it is important for us rollers to stay the course and see what transpires. Remember that any legit treatment takes a long time to see any results except in rare cases.

saintsfan92344 I'm now mostly of get opinion that regrowth may happen after completing a set number of (adequately wounding) rolls and then ceasing, triggering a regeneration phase of sorts, but there's currently no evidence for that, unfortunately.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Squeegee got out of hand in his insults IMO, but we needed him around - he was like our 'drill sergeant' keeping us disciplined and motivated to stick to the rolling experiment. Maybe he oversold how effective rolling is/could be at time, but it is important for us rollers to stay the course and see what transpires. Remember that any legit treatment takes a long time to see any results except in rare cases.

saintsfan92344 I'm now mostly of get opinion that regrowth may happen after completing a set number of (adequately wounding) rolls and then ceasing, triggering a regeneration phase of sorts, but there's currently no evidence for that, unfortunately.

The results many of us are not having speak for themselves. I'm going to continue on for the next while and see if this improve but I'm not putting any bets on this.

I've yet to see any kind of significant improvement in either my hairline or general density.

SCALPMASTER

Reaction score
Squeegee did write some nasty comments but I have to admit he did post some good information as well.
As for the dermarolling it is helping, as I have said in a previous post my crown is definitely thicker.
Only time will tell to see if those vellus hairs next to my hairline turn terminal.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else considering stopping at around 12 weeks or so like the study?? Or have already stopped?? it would be good to have a solid group for comparison?

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• DSC07450s.jpg
    DSC07450s.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 425

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
i am completely off for some time....

Well thats the ultimate dermaroller test. If you keep your results it validates that DR was the main factor. If not it was the minoxidil as the main factor or at least that they need to be used together

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, I will start contributing to this thread with my "results" next week. I'm not sure if I am getting better or not but now the overall tone of this thread is much better, thank you MODS!

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2young2retire, give it up. I'm not lifting the ban. I only banned him this morning. You know why. You yourself came very close to a ban so consider yourself lucky. He can still read the forum as a guest. He only has himself to blame.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes totally agree, while he could be a bit of a pain in the *** he also contributed greatly and I'm worried we will miss out on some important information :(

There's nothing stopping you from doing your own research... or anyone else for that matter. I think we have quite a bit of studies and information to go off of already though.

Ollybfd

Reaction score
Does anyone experienced bouts of immense itching a couple of days after DR'ing? I don't use minoxidil so it's not that but do use nizoral and that doesn't seem to stop it. Maybe flaky scalp?

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=104347
"I tried using topical 7% Valproic Acid for a couple weeks.. With me, it changed my affect. It made me REALLY drowsy throughout the day.."

A bunch of people have tried it, with no real results.

Do you know if they were using it post wounding? The fact that topical valproic acid went to add and just finished phase 2 for hairloss seems pretty big. Maybe those posters were using the wrong vehicle or didn't do it for at least 4 months.

- - - Updated - - -

"I tried using topical 7% Valproic Acid for a couple weeks.. With me, it changed my affect. It made me REALLY drowsy throughout the day.."

Does anyone experienced bouts of immense itching a couple of days after DR'ing? I don't use minoxidil so it's not that but do use nizoral and that doesn't seem to stop it. Maybe flaky scalp?

Indeed! The itching and flaking is a mainstay for me several days after a rolling session.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed! The itching and flaking is a mainstay for me several days after a rolling session.

- - - Updated - - -

K

karankaran

I read some thing about people using KGF or planning to use KGF after DRing? Did anyone use it ?

One of the arguments was that KGF can penetrate better due to DRing and the environment that comes into picture post DRing can be made more conducive for growth by using KGF.

SUPPORTING STUDY:

[h=1]Keratinocyte growth factor is an important endogenous mediator of hair follicle growth, development, and differentiation. Normalization of the nu/nu follicular differentiation defect and amelioration of chemotherapy-induced alopecia.[/h]D. M. Danilenko, B. D. Ring, D. Yanagihara, W. Benson, B. Wiemann, C. O. Starnes, and G. F. Pierce

Author information ► Copyright and License information ►

This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.

[h=2]Abstract[/h]The growth and development of hair follicles is influenced by a number of different growth factors and cytokines, particularly members of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family. Keratinocyte growth factor (KGF or FGF-7) is a recently identified 28-kd member of the FGF family that induces proliferation of a wide variety of epithelial cells, including keratinocytes within the epidermis and dermal adnexa. Because KGF induces marked proliferation of keratinocytes, and both KGF and KGF receptor (KGFR) mRNA are expressed at high levels in skin, we sought to localize KGF and KGFR in skin by in situ hybridization. KGFR mRNA was relatively strongly expressed by keratinocytes in the basilar epidermis as well as throughout developing hair follicles of rat embryos and neonates. KGF mRNA was expressed at lower levels than was KGFR but could be localized to follicular dermal papillae in rat embryos and neonates. These results prompted us to investigate the effects of KGF on hair follicles in two distinct murine models of alopecia. In the first model, recombinant KGF (rKGF) induced dose-dependent hair growth over most of the body in nu/nu athymic nude mice when administered intraperitoneally or subcutaneously over 17 to 18 days. When administered subcutaneously, rKGF induced the most extensive hair growth at the sites of injection. Histologically, rKGF induced marked follicular and sebaceous gland hypertrophy, a normalization of the nu/nu follicular keratinization defect, and an increase in follicular keratinocyte proliferation as assessed by bromodeoxyuridine labeling. In the second model, a neonatal rat model of cytosine arabinoside chemotherapy-induced alopecia in which interleukin-1, epidermal growth factor, and acidic FGF have all demonstrated some degree of alopecia cytoprotection, rKGF induced a dose-dependent cytoprotective effect, abrogating as much as 50% of the alopecia in this model when administered beginning 1 day before the onset of chemotherapy. Taken together, these data suggest that KGF is an important endogenous mediator of normal hair follicle growth, development, and differentiation.

Reaction score
Just a check-in to say that since New Years I have (and will continue) been rolling with a .5mm the third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh day after rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.