New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Dude try my suggestion out... It's free. Would it hurt to just try to loosen your scalp? I know you find some merit in it since you posted that study you frog. If it doesn't work I'll join the US military and we fight like Spartans.

hahhhahahahahahaahhaha! good stuff!! I will start masturbating my Galea BeleifISKEY.. Been reading studies about the benefit of blood flow and inflammation lately.. Probably a good add-on to the Derma rolling drill! :doctor:

For the people that like to masturbate their Galea ( BriefISKEY). Is it one of the secret behind derma rolling or others blood flow boosting therapy (Detusmescence, Minoxidil)???????
punk.gif

Massage Is Promising for Muscle Recovery: Researchers Find 10 Minutes Reduces Inflammation

Feb. 1, 2012 — Researchers at McMaster University have discovered a brief 10-minute massage helps reduce inflammation

As a non-drug therapy, massage holds the potential to help not just bone-weary athletes but those with inflammation-related chronic conditions, such as arthritis or muscular dystrophy, says Justin Crane, a doctoral student in the Department of Kinesiology at McMaster.

While massage is well accepted as a therapy for relieving muscle tension and pain, the researchers delved deeper to find it also triggers biochemical sensors that can send inflammation-reducing signals to muscle cells.
In addition, massage signals muscle to build more mitochondria, the power centres of cells which play an important role in healing.

"The main thing, and what is novel about our study, is that no one has ever looked inside the muscle to see what is happening with massage, no one looked at the biochemical effects or what might be going on in the muscle itself," said Crane.
"We have shown the muscle senses that it is being stretched and this appears to reduce the cells' inflammatory response," he said. "As a consequence, massage may be beneficial for recovery from injury."

Crane said the McMaster researchers are the first to take a manual therapy, like massage, and test the effect using a muscle biopsy to show massage reduces inflammation, an underlying factor in many chronic diseases.
The research appears in the Feb. 1 issue of Science Translational Medicine.
For their study, the researchers followed 11 men in their twenties.
On their first visit, the men's exercise capacity was assessed. Two weeks later, the men cycled on a bicycle for more than 70 minutes, to a point of exhaustion when they couldn't cycle any more. They then rested for 10 minutes.
While resting, a massage therapist lightly applied massage oil to both legs, and then performed massage for 10 minutes on one leg using a variety of techniques commonly used in rehabilitation.
Muscle biopsies were done on both legs (quadriceps) and repeated 2.5 hours later. Researchers found reduced inflammation in the massaged leg.
Crane admits being surprised that just 10 minutes of massage had such a profound effect. "I didn't think that little bit of massage could produce that remarkable of a change, especially since the exercise was so robust. Seventy minutes of exercise compared to 10 of massage, it is clearly potent." The results hint that massage therapy blunts muscle pain by the same biological mechanisms as most pain medications and could be an effective alternative.
Dr. Mark Tarnopolsky, professor of medicine for the Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine, oversaw the study.
"Given that mitochondrial dysfunction is associated with muscle atrophy and other processes such as insulin resistance, any therapy that can improve mitochondrial function may be beneficial," he said.
Crane said this study is only a first step in determining the best therapies for promoting recovery from a variety of muscle injuries.
He said that surprisingly the research proved one oft-repeated idea false: massage did not help clear lactic acid from tired muscles.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/05/16/us-hair-idUSN1619596120070516

Deeper the better!

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
guys we will bring the cure through this thread
View attachment 23105-->View attachment 23106-->View attachment 23107 2 months and 5 days in.. first pic is buzzed. second is almost a month grown out. third is now and please do me a favor you hardbelievers. hair now should make the thinning much more visible.i know cause i used to have it like that and even longer before starting treatment.

here is an interesting notification i did some weeks back where i noticed existing hair comming in with much bigger diameter that they had. View attachment 23108

any way the big regrowth hasnt come yet i believe its going to happen in the comming month. although its too early yet i am sure i have double the hair i had at the thinning areas. i am not selling anything bros. i am just telling you. today i also noticed i shed debris red and yellow it must be dead skin.

i took it serious with the baldness cause i cant afford it after getting some hard hits from life......

anyway i am saving money to go for a transplant when regen is 100% at clinics at age 30 now i am 24.

[video=youtube;WZ7pLHRkW9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ7pLHRkW9Y[/video] i like girls from balcans.

take care wound hard.

-john

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
guys we will bring the cure through this thread

[video=youtube;MUVPtcGvy38]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUVPtcGvy38[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) have been able to grow hair faster and thicker on mice thanks to a protein that promotes blood vessel growth in their skin. The mouse hair follicles – while no greater in number than those of normal mice – are individually bigger. Collectively, they increase the total volume of hair by 70 percent, the MGH research team reports in the Feb. 19 Journal of Clinical Investigation.
Share This:

If the protein has the same powers in humans, it could lead to the first angiogenic therapy for male pattern baldness. "In male pattern hair loss, it's not that the follicles are gone. They’re just miniature follicles," says Michael Detmar, MD, associate professor of dermatology at MGH and lead author on the study. "If anyone could find a way to make the follicles bigger, men might grow hair again." The discovery that increasing blood flow to the scalp helps stave off baldness may be old news to many barbers. For years, they have been advising clients to massage their scalps as way of stimulating circulation and hair growth.
A few scientific studies have suggested that people with hair loss may have fewer blood vessels. But no one had actually measured how closely blood vessel growth is correlated with hair growth, or what might cause scalp vessels to grow in the first place.
To explore these questions, Kiichiro Yano, a research associate in dermatology at MGH, and his colleagues compared two groups of mice, one normal and one genetically programmed to produce an abundance of a protein known to trigger blood vessel growth, VEGF. The VEGF-enhanced mice grew hair faster and thicker in the first two weeks of life than did the control mice.
The VEGF-enhanced mice also regrew hair faster. Shaved 8 week-old VEGF-mice not only grew hair back sooner, they exhibited a 30 percent increase in hair follicle diameter 12 days after depilation. "By overall volume, the hair was about 70 percent thicker than in wild-type mice," says Detmar. Blood vessels located in the skin surrounding the pumped-up hair follicles were 40% larger in diameter than those found in normal mice, suggesting that the VEGF-mediated angiogenesis was causing the hair to grow faster and thicker.
When normal mice were treated with an antibody that blocks VEGF activity and then shaved, their hair grew back slower and was thinner than their untreated littermates. Twelve days after depilation, the VEGF-deprived mice still displayed bald spots and overall reduced hair growth. "So by modulating VEGF, we can directly influence the size of the hair," says Detmar.
As for how the VEGF-inspired blood vessels are plumping up the hair shafts, the researchers believe they may be delivering an extra supply of growth factors, in addition to oxygen and nutrients. Detmar and his colleagues are developing a technique to deliver VEGF topically to the scalp. "The question now is can we, by this method, improve hair growth in humans," he says. "Applying it to humans will be the big challenge."

Lawrence F. Brown, MD, associate professor of pathology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, also authored the paper.
The Massachusetts General Hospital, established in 1811, is the original and largest teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. The MGH conducts the largest hospital-based research program in the United States, with an annual research budget of more than $200 million and major research centers in AIDS, the neurosciences, cardiovascular research, cancer, cutaneous biology, transplantation biology and photo-medicine. In 1994, the MGH joined with Brigham and Women’s Hospital to form Partners HealthCare System, an integrated health care delivery system comprising the two academic medical centers, specialty and community hospitals, a network of physician groups and nonacute and home health services.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/02/010215074636.htm

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm backkkkkk... Vacationing at the moment. Saintsfan is talking about me on balddtruth forums LOLOLOLOL I bet he has steam coming through his ears as he can't get over it. I knew you had to be from a site like BT forums where if you aren't a "quackwatcher" you get kicked out. Tocame Las Nalgassssssssss

BTW saints are terrible

PS: Squeege interesting study on the massage and inflammation. I'll come back on here a little later or when I get back home.

Hope you guys has a good Christmas except for saintsfan & his terrible team from the most terrible state in the US (Louisiana) where hillbillies fu** their cousins and eat them afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't you put your Jewish hands (palms) on your fuc**** Indian head and push up on the sides of your Guatemalan head/area that isn't affected by the almighty DHT... Make sure to just grip the sides of your Nigerian head with your palms like a basketball and just push upwards and kind of bunch your Mexican Galea up and you will feel the pressure taken off the top/crown of your Palestinian Head. You'll also feel warm blood flow throughout your Costa Rican scalp while you're doing it and once you stop (if you stop to soon) you'll actually feel the blood leaving your Mongolian scalp, and the pressure return, and the blood will just circulate back to whatever part of your Arabian body it wants to go to.

Try it you fuc**** Krill Oil capsule, give it a genuine try...

- - - Updated - - -

Lol rising fist from IH forums? You suck CS di** over there no? You were the first one to post the Detumescence therapy LMAO. Nexttttt

- - - Updated - - -

I said the same exact thing & I got bashed by squeege lol. It's crazy how me & you are always on the same page. But anyways, great post as always. Keep em comin.

Btw speaking of cancer, the nocebo (opposite of placebo) induced hair fall in test subjects via a fake radiation therapy for cancer. Goes to show you how powerful the mind really is. But watch our dude, I'm a quack for saying this.

- - - Updated - - -

Coming from a guy cycling anti-inflammatory meds. Lol. Done, next.

Seriously Dude you really are a 5 year old, good god its sad, :moon:

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if we go light rolling every 2 days??.. or daily?? to get the blood flowing up there? Acute inflammation dump a lot of ATP, oxygen and all the growth factors needed to our balding scalp each time you see the redness.

Actually the main reason I started it is because someone mentioned that minoxidil wasn't being absorbed as well since he has started rolling, I noticed it but thought it was my imagination, plus the one poster recently that had good results from that regimen, cant find his post though, Deleted???

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Circulation is the key, The head being at the top of the body is the hardest part to get blood flow, if you want to do scalp massages, the proper way is to basically lift or move your scalp away from your skull, so place your finger tips on top left and right left of your head and pull up and down then in circular motion....

Most people have hair loss because the scalp dries out from bad circulation, reason it's not a fact that it is is because most people will try something for three months then stop, why is it almost every treatment takes 6-8 months to see results, not sure.

but edgar cayces treatments all targeted circulation, the laser comb was something that came from him, although his was called violet ray not sure how they compare, also suggested scalp massages with Pennsylvania crude oil and castor oil and a diet that improved your thyroid since it controls circulation to all parts of your body.

(Q) Did childbirth cause this condition to become worse?
(A) It only aggravated, it is not the source of condition but too much of drying out of the scalp, as has been indicated, to improve upon nature. Be natural: You'll be much more attractive.
We are through with this reading.

(1710-7)
(Q) Why doesn't the growth of hair show improvement?
(A) This is the natural consequence of conditions that have been in the scalp. The activity of the body shows that the glands do produce same, but getting it on the head is different! That would require more of the use of the vacuum treatment AND the stimulating of the scalp to better activity.
The gland force is improved, and DOES grow hair - but not on the head so much.

3. Local measures:

• Crude oil massage to the scalp (one teaspoon) to stay on from one-half hour to 45 minutes. Then cleanse with a 20% grain alcohol solution. Follow this with a massage using white petroleum (Vaseline) into scalp (not too greasy).
    • An alternative would be a scalp massage with pure hog lard, leaving this on overnight after covering head with an oil cap.
    • Shampoo in the morning with olive oil shampoo followed by a massage with white Vaseline cut with a little alcohol (one drop grain alcohol to one ounce water). Either may be done once a week.

• Violet ray treatment (20-25 times) to scalp, spine, scapula, umbilical area for a total of five to ten minutes on a daily basis. Ultraviolet ray treatments may be used instead, this done every third day, limiting treatment to scalp and spine for three to five minutes for 20-25 treatments.

Edgar cayces violet ray recommended was invented by nikola tesla.

(1856-1943). As the voltage, using a transformer, moves through the coil, it is increased, ionizing the gas in the bulb; this produces charged particles that emanate from the bulb’s surface. The high frequency and charged particles create a mild heating effect, which increases circulation and dilates the superficial blood vessels wherever the device is applied, thus promoting healing. Uses static electricity and creates O3 Ozone oxygen.

[video=youtube_share;YJvEHt9g1Fk]http://youtu.be/YJvEHt9g1Fk[/video]

Does anyone know of a good suction vacuum tool for scalp massages ?

i believe the dermaroller is artificially inducing circulation using the body's natural reaction to wounding and healing. We eventually want the body to do this naturally, so you might as well start this process as well, I say **** minoxidil and all other drugs, masturbate your scalp like squeegee says, penis masturbation won't benefit you in the long run as much as scalp masturbations.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Believe so, but more than just blood, also signals from stem cells. I used to believe that follicles die etc. and stem cells were creating new but so much research proves follicles never die, follicles become dormant and are waiting to be reactivated. We do know that stem cells are signaling growth as they do for any wound, to a Far greater degree then not having a wound. The body works by producing what you need to heal yourself ONLY when you are wounded. So that's why people are getting fast results with dermarolling. Also it is not healing you to previous state, your cells have a template they use as reference from birth.

dermarolling is tricking the body to a degree, if it works who cares, but you should also want the natural growth phase without having need to induce it via dermarolling. All is need is proper circulation, healthy diet, and some scalp exercises.

SCALPMASTER

Reaction score
I have noticed lately that i am shedding a lot less hair. Before starting the dermaroller i would lose at least 100 hairs per day. This is now down to 30 or 40 hairs per day.

Keep on rolling guys.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
I have noticed lately that i am shedding a lot less hair. Before starting the dermaroller i would lose at least 100 hairs per day. This is now down to 30 or 40 hairs per day.

Keep on rolling guys.

how many weeks rolling scalpmaster

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
Just started rolling a few weeks ago... Seeing some shedding, and it scares the eff out of me, but I guess this is what I knew would happen eventually so hopefully it passes soon and those new hairs come back more lush than a rainforest's trees!

buddyebsen1

Reaction score
Anyway, I also changed up my routine and did the 30% glycolic acid peel right before my roll (before, I waited a day or 2 after the peel to roll). Applied it for about 10 mins, washed it out and started rolling. Took almost 2 hours though... It's the only time I hate having long hair. I divide my hair into about 15 sections to ensure I'm getting enough needle penetration all over so that my entire galea area is nice and bloody. I have to keep reassuring myself "no pain, no gain" the whole 2 hours. Afterwards, I applied my emu oil, borage oil and saw palmetto mixture. For those of you who can get a rolling session done in 15 mins or less, I envy you.

This morning I washed away my bloody scalp and applied minoxidil. At this rate. I can't wait to see how my hair looks in a year!

Congrats on your success but eventually a 2 hour rolling session is going to become a chore and one you may easily avoid. I like to make my routines quick yet effective - like taking a shower. I would highly recommend a dermastamp or dermapen. I use the latter and can easily do a full session in 10 minutes, 15 at most and I have longer hair. Just a suggestion as it works well for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Just started rolling a few weeks ago... Seeing some shedding, and it scares the eff out of me, but I guess this is what I knew would happen eventually so hopefully it passes soon and those new hairs come back more lush than a rainforest's trees!

I noticed more shedding since rolling but my hair looks thicker and I am seeing new growth so, as hard as it may be, I am trying to ignore the shedding and am just looking at my hair on my head. It's tough but does free me up (I used to count each hair in the shower drain).

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cool vid haha. i f ucking feel citizen of the future. i mean, PRK EYES,DESARDA ABDOMINALS,INCREASED PROTEIN BAR BROTHER BODY,WOUND INDUCED HAIR. whtas next? ot feels so ahead of the game , loooooooooooooooool
[video=youtube;MUVPtcGvy38]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUVPtcGvy38[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) have been able to grow hair faster and thicker on mice thanks to a protein that promotes blood vessel growth in their skin. The mouse hair follicles – while no greater in number than those of normal mice – are individually bigger. Collectively, they increase the total volume of hair by 70 percent, the MGH research team reports in the Feb. 19 Journal of Clinical Investigation.
Share This:

If the protein has the same powers in humans, it could lead to the first angiogenic therapy for male pattern baldness. "In male pattern hair loss, it's not that the follicles are gone. They’re just miniature follicles," says Michael Detmar, MD, associate professor of dermatology at MGH and lead author on the study. "If anyone could find a way to make the follicles bigger, men might grow hair again." The discovery that increasing blood flow to the scalp helps stave off baldness may be old news to many barbers. For years, they have been advising clients to massage their scalps as way of stimulating circulation and hair growth.
A few scientific studies have suggested that people with hair loss may have fewer blood vessels. But no one had actually measured how closely blood vessel growth is correlated with hair growth, or what might cause scalp vessels to grow in the first place.
To explore these questions, Kiichiro Yano, a research associate in dermatology at MGH, and his colleagues compared two groups of mice, one normal and one genetically programmed to produce an abundance of a protein known to trigger blood vessel growth, VEGF. The VEGF-enhanced mice grew hair faster and thicker in the first two weeks of life than did the control mice.
The VEGF-enhanced mice also regrew hair faster. Shaved 8 week-old VEGF-mice not only grew hair back sooner, they exhibited a 30 percent increase in hair follicle diameter 12 days after depilation. "By overall volume, the hair was about 70 percent thicker than in wild-type mice," says Detmar. Blood vessels located in the skin surrounding the pumped-up hair follicles were 40% larger in diameter than those found in normal mice, suggesting that the VEGF-mediated angiogenesis was causing the hair to grow faster and thicker.
When normal mice were treated with an antibody that blocks VEGF activity and then shaved, their hair grew back slower and was thinner than their untreated littermates. Twelve days after depilation, the VEGF-deprived mice still displayed bald spots and overall reduced hair growth. "So by modulating VEGF, we can directly influence the size of the hair," says Detmar.
As for how the VEGF-inspired blood vessels are plumping up the hair shafts, the researchers believe they may be delivering an extra supply of growth factors, in addition to oxygen and nutrients. Detmar and his colleagues are developing a technique to deliver VEGF topically to the scalp. "The question now is can we, by this method, improve hair growth in humans," he says. "Applying it to humans will be the big challenge."

Lawrence F. Brown, MD, associate professor of pathology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, also authored the paper.
The Massachusetts General Hospital, established in 1811, is the original and largest teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. The MGH conducts the largest hospital-based research program in the United States, with an annual research budget of more than $200 million and major research centers in AIDS, the neurosciences, cardiovascular research, cancer, cutaneous biology, transplantation biology and photo-medicine. In 1994, the MGH joined with Brigham and Women’s Hospital to form Partners HealthCare System, an integrated health care delivery system comprising the two academic medical centers, specialty and community hospitals, a network of physician groups and nonacute and home health services.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/02/010215074636.htm

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score

I shed like crazy from week 3 thru week 7 daily, now I just have a shed 4 days post roll, really none in between

RisingFist

Reaction score
Dude try my suggestion out... It's free. Would it hurt to just try to loosen your scalp? I know you find some merit in it since you posted that study you frog. If it doesn't work I'll join the US military and we fight like Spartans.

- - - Updated - - -

I just wanted to repost this...

YOU WERE THE FIRST GUY TO CITE THE DETUMESCENCE STUDY ON IH FORUMS.

Just incase you forgot to purchase windex, I reposted that for you, bye.
I was first to cite the study here, someone cited the study on IH before me. I think it's worth a try if you have enough perseverance but I can't say it will 100% give you regrowth. It's just something that will help for some more then others. Part of me thinks you are Leon given your writing patterns, swearing a lot cause that's what he thinks a 20 year old does this generation. Either way, you can't expect people to listen to you when you've been such a fanatic. If someone disagrees, you flip right away and don't let it go until you get the last word. Just present relevant information to support your theory and let people decide to try it. If they do and it helps, more will join to increase supportive evidence just like this dermaroller thread.

sweetsymphony

Reaction score
Congrats on your success but eventually a 2 hour rolling session is going to become a chore and one you may easily avoid. I like to make my routines quick yet effective - like taking a shower. I would highly recommend a dermastamp or dermapen. I use the latter and can easily do a full session in 10 minutes, 15 at most and I have longer hair. Just a suggestion as it works well for me.

Thanks for the tip! How much did you get your dermapen for? I found one from amazon for close to $130. Would def be interested if it cuts down my sessions in more than half the time!

txamkings

Reaction score
New to the forum...just did my second DR with a 540 roller, and a lot more blood this time compared to the first time... Good job on the boards guys lots of interesting stuff here.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
New to the forum...just did my second DR with a 540 roller, and a lot more blood this time compared to the first time... Good job on the boards guys lots of interesting stuff here.

welcome, most of the guys on here that started with a 540 ended up using a 192 needle,

Sparky4444

Reaction score
welcome, most of the guys on here that started with a 540 ended up using a 192 needle,

I just rolled with a new 192 after suffering through 540 for a long time...192 is a cake-walk in comparison, however I think the best would be something in the middle -- maybe a 320 or 370 count...too much spacing with the 192 which takes more effort to get density coverage wounds...

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
I did my first 7 with 192 but switched to the 540. It appears as though I am one of the few using the 500-count. It did pull out some hair, so I buzzed my head which solved that issue. As far as the pain threshold- as deep as I was going both produced significant pain so I stuck with the 540 for added coverage. There isn't much in the way of conclusive evidence as to the effects of one versus another though.

Status
Not open for further replies.