New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
and the study was 12 weeks, I plan on rolling weekly for 12 weeks then monthly or 6 weeks

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
My needles of the zgts wont go really deep in the skin..sux a bit :/

also while 1 temple take a real hit :( my other temple is doing good.

What did i used on my broken temple?1 month castor oil 1-2 days after rolling
some other oils

Also this temple looks like its absorbtion is bit ****ed up but i dont know why..minoxidil etc dont wanna to be absorbed really,thats why the hair there are really thin and blonde/white.
Hope i can recover that skin with more dermarolling

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
and the study was 12 weeks, I plan on rolling weekly for 12 weeks then monthly or 6 weeks

Are you sure of that? I think observation was done after 12 weeks but study way longer.. I am almost at 20 weeks and I am starting to see real visual benefits.

- - - Updated - - -

Most report an increase in bleeding over time, could it be that dermarolling is avtually increasing blood flow to the scalp hence improving the impact of topicals? (Not just through better absorbtion).

By proper weekly derma rolling, you are increasing the size and number of blood vessels, capillaries in your scalp (angiogenesis).

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you sure of that? I think observation was done after 12 weeks but study way longer.. I am almost at 20 weeks and I am starting to see real visual benefits.

- - - Updated - - -

By proper weekly derma rolling, you are increasing the size and number of blood vessels, capillaries in your scalp (angiogenesis).

yeah sorry, rolling was 12 weeks, but had some visible new hairs on a shaved head at that point, actual study was longer

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
I think people need to realize that using a dermaroller w/minoxidil will net get you from a norwood 3 to a norwood 0. From my experience with 3 and a half months on the treatment, and in my honest opinion, don't expect this to be a cure but something that beefs up the benefit of minoxidil

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's potentially possible that the regrowth is actually triggered after the studied 12 weeks of rolling? As in months after? And all the 'magic' for us at the moment is currently going on below the visible scalp? Just a thought.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's potentially possible that the regrowth is actually triggered after the studied 12 weeks of rolling? As in months after? And all the 'magic' for us at the moment is currently going on below the visible scalp? Just a thought.

I think you are right, I have a lot of itching, it started this week its a deep itch, plus a lot of shedding, I am thinking shockloss like a hair transplant. Think about it, you are putting holes in your scalp like a transplant. 30-60days after rolling stops hair should be visible.

- - - Updated - - -

I think people need to realize that using a dermaroller w/minoxidil will net get you from a norwood 3 to a norwood 0. From my experience with 3 and a half months on the treatment, and in my honest opinion, don't expect this to be a cure but something that beefs up the benefit of minoxidil

are you following the study procedure

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you are right, I have a lot of itching, it started this week its a deep itch, plus a lot of shedding, I am thinking shockloss like a hair transplant. Think about it, you are putting holes in your scalp like a transplant. 30-60days after rolling stops hair should be visible.
I don't think I'm 'right' as such, it's more that we should consider that a real possibility. We might have to lay off the trauma to the scalp for this to work - but we don't know that, and we can't unless some rolling brothers cease activity at the 12 week mark, after sufficiently wounding during those 12 weekly sessions. That is a risk however, and I can understand why most of us will want to 'keep rolling' on after 12 weeks, I mean, I certainly intend to in my own situation, unless there's evidence otherwise.

Shock loss might also be possible. Or at least a shed. I've had a very mild shed, and that can't be uncommon. Others have reported that too.

BeliefISKEY

Established Member
Reaction score

Why should people have to realize anything? Hair follicles never die & like squeege has said a million times IT TAKES TIME. You have been in for 3 months, that's nothing. Give it another 3 months and you'll change your mind. Why wouldn't you recover a follicle that has never died? What does the Norwood scale have anything to do with any of this? If anything I would say that time being bald is more of a factor than Norwood is.

Look at Casperz, he is regrowing lots of terminal hairs on his juvenile hairline after what, 15-20 years+ being slick, shiny bald (SSB)? Squeege is another one too that has been bald on his hairline temples for a long time according to him. You can't judge this before giving it a legit trial man.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why should people have to realize anything? Hair follicles never die & like squeege has said a million times IT TAKES TIME. You have been in for 3 months, that's nothing. Give it another 3 months and you'll change your mind. Why wouldn't you recover a follicle that has never died? What does the Norwood scale have anything to do with any of this? If anything I would say that time being bald is more of a factor than Norwood is.

Look at Casperz, he is regrowing lots of terminal hairs on his juvenile hairline after what, 15-20 years+ being slick, shiny bald (SSB)? Squeege is another one too that has been bald on his hairline temples for a long time according to him. You can't judge this before giving it a legit trial man.

Something to consider: it takes years to go bald. What if it takes just as long to recover?

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score

Well, I do have my doubts about the dermaroller, but I know that if this thread were about finasteride or minoxidil... hell, even dutasteride... we would all be saying that three months is nothing...

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

this^^^^^ + 100 000 0000 times! People comes on here just to add their own assumptions.. This is why I am losing it all the time! arghhhhhh!

[h=1]Bald scalp in men with androgenetic alopecia retains hair follicle stem cells but lacks CD200-rich and CD34-positive hair follicle progenitor cells[/h]
http://www.jci.org/articles/view/44478
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21206086

Even with an hair transplant you don't see much difference before 4-6 months.. Patience is a key factor. Follicle roots are really complex and takes time to come alive.

[video=youtube;zdyTkIadqNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdyTkIadqNo[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I do have my doubts about the dermaroller, but I know that if this thread were about finasteride or minoxidil... hell, even dutasteride... we would all be saying that three months is nothing...

By adding the derma roller to the mix, you are physically remodeling the scalp to an healthy functional state like in your teens. All you need is time and proper rolling procedure. Coverage and drawing blood. Destroying fibrotic tissues that impaired proper follicles functions, promoting normal cell differentiation and skin keratinization, stimulating angiogenesis (new capillaries and blood vessels) and new elastin, collagen damaged by the local inflammation triggered by the action of DHT.

killacamron

Reaction score
I didn't do the proper research when buying my first dermaroller, and now am looking to purchase a derma-stamp because of all the good things I'm hearing,
Should I be fine with a eBay Hong Kong 1.5 dermastamp? or can anybody recommend me a good alternative (pricing is a concern for me as well)

evilgenius

Reaction score
I am 100% sure about starting.

Will start my own thread then. I'll start in February, so I still have some time to take before pics at different lengths. Can't wait man.

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
My third roll is done. Bleeding more this time. I plan to go on like this for a year, that should be enough patience.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thats not the case. when someone starts to loose hair it is already a decent amount that is lost until it appears thin and scalp is visible at this level i would say the 70% is gone.the rest 30% might take 6 months to a year until skin becomes visible and the individual is low self esteem wreck getting educated for a cure.so by saying that it should be at least 3-4 years on male pattern baldness until someone becomes bald skin.
It doesn't necessarily take years to bald.... Some young guys go bald within 6 months to a year.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to answer a couple of questions I noticed:

1. I use the dermaroller and minoxidil. No finasteride, never used finasteride in my life.

2. Yes, I was one of the guys seeing results on Cet. It does work & it does grow new hair. I dropped it when I read about microneedling with minoxidil, because this looked exciting and had a study to back it up. I didn't know if Cet would interfere with how this thing works, so I got off it. Cet definitely grows hair on it's own though, and it would be very interesting to see if it could be a positive addition to the rolling regime.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeege i come to france we open a new clinic together i will be the surgeon, i will punch all of the baldies till they bleed all over galea. we can monitor progress. we become rich with hair :) super super low hariline might not be a paradise dream anymore. i can see it .......

img-bs-top-goldberg-fox-judge-napolitano_192933813729.jpg

Haircules

Reaction score
I didn't do the proper research when buying my first dermaroller, and now am looking to purchase a derma-stamp because of all the good things I'm hearing,
Should I be fine with a eBay Hong Kong 1.5 dermastamp? or can anybody recommend me a good alternative (pricing is a concern for me as well)

maybe owndoc.com

Status
Not open for further replies.