New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, but a good diet and supplements will help.
We are talking here about dermarolling and a good hair supplement to fight male pattern baldness after restoring your hair with minoxidil or Finasteride.

Well I have added iron and vitamin E to my regiment to help with blood and healing.

Even though diet doesnt cause male pattern baldness a good set of vitamin will make the hairs you have stronger, thicker and hopefully longer living. I take high biotin because its great for the hair and thickens up whats there.

anyone head itch like crazy from this?

Chipman222

Reaction score
Well I have added iron and vitamin E to my regiment to help with blood and healing.

Even though diet doesnt cause male pattern baldness a good set of vitamin will make the hairs you have stronger, thicker and hopefully longer living. I take high biotin because its great for the hair and thickens up whats there.

anyone head itch like crazy from this?

My head really itches for about an hour after rolling, almost feels like its on fire. No trace of it the day after though.

Chipman222

Reaction score
Anyone here with longer hair using a roller with needles longer than 1.5mm? I find it quite hard to penetrate through to my scalp where my hair is the thickest.

genetico

Reaction score
Shedding is a good sign! Embrace it!

- - - Updated - - -

I 3.0mm it yesterday night with a 192 needles. I am over what.. 18-19 weeks right now... Shedding is all gone.(Mine was pretty ****ing bad!) My hairline started to set in, hair are growing thicker everyday. Expecting a full recovery by next summer. life is good. Keep the rolling business going! :salut:
Photos???

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks will look those up. Also it says to create all the proteins your body needs, you need all 22, I will see if that one you posted has them all.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a study specifically about wounding and hair growth... http://docsdrive.com/pdfs/ansinet/ijb/2010/69-80.pdf
baiscally figure 7 shows different substances that allowed wounded areas to grow hair. Essential oils and a juice extract, etc are tested.

the study concluded that amino acids in the plant extract played a role in why the rats grew hair from wounds vs the rats that were treated with essential oils and those without treatment.

here is another study http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/study-thymosin-beta-4-induces-hair-growth.1020962/page-2

You need all 22 amino acids to produce the 50,000 amino acids your body uses, if just one is missing you will not be able to produce thousands of amino acids. Your body can only produce some on its own.

Here's the last study I'm posting now suggesting poor wound healing due to lack of amino acids is a reason for skin rash hair loss. http://www.mecfsforums.com/index.php?topic=5444.0

http://www.dental-marketing.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Nutrition-and-Wound-Healing1.pdf

This study says that during wound remodeling if your missing the right protein/amino acids, your wound will not heal correctly and hurt our remodeling process. So the protein creation process will be retarded if you don't have the amino acids to produce hair. Your hair is 91% protein.

I believe for dermarolling amino acids is the most important thing you can take because it's what your hair is made of and during woundin/remodeling you need the ingredients.

SPIRULINA can bee a very good ailment for this issue, aminoacids, vitamins, and phycocianin....

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I know you guys despise me, but since I've cancelled my transplant and I was afraid it might interfere, I'm back dermarolling again. I tried it once month before but I stopped.

I'll keep you posted if I see any results.

nah,,,you're alright...dude we all understand your stress...hang in there...I have a bad habit of not sticking with something, but this DR thing we have to stick with and just keep at it...at least you only stab yourself once/week so that is something positive...

There is so much going on now with hairloss that I would stay positive if I were you...you'll get back your hair and still have many years of chasing down young hot chicks! Guys like me in my 40's, it will be too late to have hair by the time I'm 50 as this is way too too old to band 20 year olds!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
lol :D funny, try japan mint oil maybe it will be less painfull

Japanese Mint Oil WILL be less painful...but I'm not sure if it is defeating the purpose because it is a pretty potent anti-inflammatory...

...one thing that helps me a little is wearing a very tight bandana around my head -- kinda like what a heroin junkie does before shooting up with a rubber band...

- - - Updated - - -

Who needs photos when you have a video lol.

Look at it now because I may lock it down soon.

[video=youtube;UYvpmRYlrmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYvpmRYlrmw[/video]

That roller looks quiet a bit wider than mine....which brand is it??

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol :D funny, try japan mint oil maybe it will be less painfull

its was only painful because she was grinding down as HARD as possible and repeatedly going back and forth in the same spot. Ive told her if she is going to do it again (which she seems to be rubbing her hands to) she has to spread the rol out more all over.

she enjoyed it WAY to much

ctulhu

Reaction score
So I started doing this 3 weeks ago. A bit painful, but ok. I think my hair is getting slightly better, but it could be because I started increasing the minoxidil dosage about 3 months ago. My hairline definitly is a bit better that it was.

However, this morning I experienced why they say to wait 24 hours after rolling for the next minoxidil application. I used minoxidil foam in the morning, 9 hours after rolling. In the subway I suddenly felt very weird, had shortness of breath and felt kinda woozy the whole day. At first I thought it might be because I partied hard on the weekend and didn't eat very well, but then I remember that I had the same thing last week. It was a very uncomfortable day, and I'm pretty sure it's because of using minoxidil so quickly after dermarolling.

So in my opinion, waiting the whole 24 hours is essential.

danawhite1

Established Member
Reaction score
So I started doing this 3 weeks ago. A bit painful, but ok. I think my hair is getting slightly better, but it could be because I started increasing the minoxidil dosage about 3 months ago. My hairline definitly is a bit better that it was.

However, this morning I experienced why they say to wait 24 hours after rolling for the next minoxidil application. I used minoxidil foam in the morning, 9 hours after rolling. In the subway I suddenly felt very weird, had shortness of breath and felt kinda woozy the whole day. At first I thought it might be because I partied hard on the weekend and didn't eat very well, but then I remember that I had the same thing last week. It was a very uncomfortable day, and I'm pretty sure it's because of using minoxidil so quickly after dermarolling.

everyone has a different approach to applying minoxidil after rolling. some people here apply it immediately after, which i thought was crazy. some people do a couple hours after, or 24 hours after. me personally i settled for 12 hours after. dermaroll a couple hours before bed, sleep for about 7 hours, and apply minoxidil a couple hours after waking up

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score

My 1st time I applied it right after I had bad sides, now after 3 times it doesn't affect me any different

Wiggle

Reaction score
Any tips for rolling where you have hair (just not as dense as you'd like). I feel like I'm not getting that direct needle to scalp connection anywhere besides my temples due to my hair. I don't really want to cut my hair any shorter (it's about an inch long). Should I just blast it from all angles and do my best?

Temples are definitely getting devastated though, it hurts but I can bare it, I just go hard and fast. I don't get alot of redness but a few dozen little bloody spots along the hairline. And afterwards my scalp feels tingly.

Morinohtar

Reaction score
I think im going to be a pussy (like Squeegee lol) and get me a numb cream, getting tired of these ****ing pain!!! lol

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
Any tips for rolling where you have hair (just not as dense as you'd like). I feel like I'm not getting that direct needle to scalp connection anywhere besides my temples due to my hair. I don't really want to cut my hair any shorter (it's about an inch long). Should I just blast it from all angles and do my best?

Temples are definitely getting devastated though, it hurts but I can bare it, I just go hard and fast. I don't get alot of redness but a few dozen little bloody spots along the hairline. And afterwards my scalp feels tingly.

I have long hair (2.5 inches or so), but slowly thinning and receding. It was impossible to effectively roll my scalp so I bought a 1.5mm derma pen. I don't know if this has adverse effects, but what I do is I completely soak my head with water so that the hairs bunch together and scalp becomes fully see-through/visible, from there I just stab myself with the pen and get to see the redness spreading as i cover ground - much more effective i found than doing it dry. Also, found that the wet hair is more resilient or "bendable" so less of it breaks off etc. in the process. Another benefit of going wet is that u can really see where ur thin spots are. I recommend this for those who are doing preventative stabbings on ur relatively full heads of hair. Keep in mind, I'm no expert and Im assuming that there aren't minerals in the water that do more harm then good during a process such as this.

cheers....

PS: am I wrong in feeling that an effective topical androgen combined with derma rolling would totally halt MBP in its tracks? Good blood circulation and DHT resistant hairs must be optimal right? Please GOD let that CB rise like a phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.