New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilgenius

Reaction score
I'm seeing what I think are significant results. I just completed my 7th week of rolling with 1.5. I'm also on finasteride and minoxidil. The image on the left is of my crown, and is from 10/17 and the right is from 12/05. Sorry the lighting is slightly different in the comparison, but you can clearly see I had no terminal hairs where there are many sprouting now. :)

View attachment 22779

Man this is CRAZY! Look at all those mini thin hairs. Seriously!?

I am so going to roll. I am 100% convinced right now. I just need to know how you guys handle the bleeding. Do you get into the shower afterwards? Or are you cleaning it with a good clean towel?

Man oh man I can't wait. Except for the pain, but we're men.

Kalio

Reaction score
Just had my first dermarolling session yesterday, altough I had several spots bleeding the pain was really not that bad. It's weird but it really feels like the male pattern baldness-itch is decreasing in the crown area. Just after one session, I know.

BTW, what's the deal with this reviewing posts by a moderator before posting? Most of my messages aren't getting through while I have no idea why
. It also makes me look like a douche when because of this I can't respond to people asking me questions directly.

GoodToBeRich

Reaction score
Man this is CRAZY! Look at all those mini thin hairs. Seriously!?

I am so going to roll. I am 100% convinced right now. I just need to know how you guys handle the bleeding. Do you get into the shower afterwards? Or are you cleaning it with a good clean towel?

Man oh man I can't wait. Except for the pain, but we're men.

Like a lot of people have said, I'm seeing more blood each week, for whatever reason. I don't shower before or after. I use a cotton ball and clean my entire head with rubbing alcohol before I roll and immediately after. I don't use anybnumbing cream, and yeah it all hurts. Even the alcohol after. I just try and fight through it.

buddyebsen1

Reaction score
This is awesome! I can't imagine in a year! :salut:

- - - Updated - - -

**** that! Keep it real! roll it! You can miss spots with the pen.. It takes me 2-3 minutes max to do my whole head.. Roll fast and everywhere.. Holding my head with one hand and rolling with the other.. With the derma pen..it is going to be a slow damn process!

I have longer hair and find the 1.5 mm derma pen better for me. I get too much hair caught in the roller and can do an effective and quick job with the pen. I get thorough light bleeding throughout the entire treament area in a matter of moments. Maybe the roller is good for those with short or shave hair. For me, the pen hurts less as well. Just a personal preference from my experience.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey squeegee what do you think of this, by the way I'm not promoting them just trying to help everyone, wounding creates the environment for growth, but your hair and scalp need the best ingredients, since your hair is 91% protein made of amino acids! wouldn't it be wise to include this......

BENEFITS:

VitalStats™ delivers a lactose free micro-filtered protein isolate from whey and stabilized rice bran. This complete and balanced spectrum of all essentials and a large variety of non-essential amino acids are required by the body for the synthesis of protein.

VitalStats™ presents potent antioxidants in the form of Tocotrienols (including gamma oryzanol and lipoic acid) which excel in their ability to significantly reduce the “free radical” destructive chain and protect against lipid peroxidation thus maintaining a healthy cardiovascular system.
Speedgest-Omega 9™ Delivery System acts as a pre-digestive aid ensuring that probiotics are carried deeper into the intestinal tract for maximum absorption. Such action promotes a well oxygenated and pH balanced digestive tract thereby creating a more hospitable environment for beneficial bacteria to flourish and proliferate. It contributes micronutrients to assist in enzymatic function and supplies naturally occurring vitamins and minerals which act as co-factors in facilitating enzyme activity.

The first powdered antioxidant formula with a full 3, 6 and 9 Essential Fatty Acid profile and complete 22 Amino Acid protein complex including the 8 essential amino acids.

Boosted EFA for complete fatty acid profile.

Potently aggressive antioxidants in the form of Tocotrienol* (including gamma oryzanol and lipoic acid) which significantly reduce the free radical destructive chain.

Delivers 15% micro-filtered protein isolate from lactose-free whey and stabilized rice bran.

Cholesterol reduction support and protection from arteriosclerosis by lipid peroxidation.

Fosters internal organ and intestinal integrity by providing lubrication inside of the body for the organs.

Natural Source of Vitamin E. Contains both, Mixed Tocopherols and Mixed Tocotrienols.

Revitalizes hair skin and nails.

Speedgest-Omega 9™ Delivery System for complete nutritional absorption.

Reason this one because it is only one containing all 22 amino acids and all fatty acids, I also heard that you need all 22 to create other proteins?

Update......

here is is a study http://www.ajiaminoscience.com/~/media/Files/Articles/The_Science_of_Amino_Acid_Supplements_ II.ashx

Hair grew 3 times as much as people not taking amino acid mixture, I think with the wounding it will be as much as ten times...

it it also helps synthesis nitric oxide which is main ingredient in minoxidil. It makes since that minoxidil does something with amino acids and the reason it works.

Last edited:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Hey squeegee what do you think of this, by the way I'm not promoting them just trying to help everyone, wounding creates the environment for growth, but your hair and scalp need the best ingredients, since your hair is 91% protein made of amino acids! wouldn't it be wise to include this......

BENEFITS:

VitalStats™ delivers a lactose free micro-filtered protein isolate from whey and stabilized rice bran. This complete and balanced spectrum of all essentials and a large variety of non-essential amino acids are required by the body for the synthesis of protein.

VitalStats™ presents potent antioxidants in the form of Tocotrienols (including gamma oryzanol and lipoic acid) which excel in their ability to significantly reduce the “free radical” destructive chain and protect against lipid peroxidation thus maintaining a healthy cardiovascular system.
Speedgest-Omega 9™ Delivery System acts as a pre-digestive aid ensuring that probiotics are carried deeper into the intestinal tract for maximum absorption. Such action promotes a well oxygenated and pH balanced digestive tract thereby creating a more hospitable environment for beneficial bacteria to flourish and proliferate. It contributes micronutrients to assist in enzymatic function and supplies naturally occurring vitamins and minerals which act as co-factors in facilitating enzyme activity.

The first powdered antioxidant formula with a full 3, 6 and 9 Essential Fatty Acid profile and complete 22 Amino Acid protein complex including the 8 essential amino acids.

Boosted EFA for complete fatty acid profile.

Potently aggressive antioxidants in the form of Tocotrienol* (including gamma oryzanol and lipoic acid) which significantly reduce the free radical destructive chain.

Delivers 15% micro-filtered protein isolate from lactose-free whey and stabilized rice bran.

Cholesterol reduction support and protection from arteriosclerosis by lipid peroxidation.

Fosters internal organ and intestinal integrity by providing lubrication inside of the body for the organs.

Natural Source of Vitamin E. Contains both, Mixed Tocopherols and Mixed Tocotrienols.

Revitalizes hair skin and nails.

Speedgest-Omega 9™ Delivery System for complete nutritional absorption.

Reason this one because it is only one containing all 22 amino acids and all fatty acids, I also heard that you need all 22 to create other proteins?

Youcandoit!

If you want to promotes recovery with Amino Acids.. I tried them all but this one is by far the best : http://www.vitacost.com/twinlab-amino-fuel-orange-32-fl-oz-1

Also, if you want to see quick hair growth.. look up for Organic MSM.. and Diameaceous Earth powder... Don't forget vitamin C with all that!

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks will look those up. Also it says to create all the proteins your body needs, you need all 22, I will see if that one you posted has them all.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a study specifically about wounding and hair growth... http://docsdrive.com/pdfs/ansinet/ijb/2010/69-80.pdf
baiscally figure 7 shows different substances that allowed wounded areas to grow hair. Essential oils and a juice extract, etc are tested.

the study concluded that amino acids in the plant extract played a role in why the rats grew hair from wounds vs the rats that were treated with essential oils and those without treatment.

here is another study http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/study-thymosin-beta-4-induces-hair-growth.1020962/page-2

You need all 22 amino acids to produce the 50,000 amino acids your body uses, if just one is missing you will not be able to produce thousands of amino acids. Your body can only produce some on its own.

Here's the last study I'm posting now suggesting poor wound healing due to lack of amino acids is a reason for skin rash hair loss. http://www.mecfsforums.com/index.php?topic=5444.0

http://www.dental-marketing.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Nutrition-and-Wound-Healing1.pdf

This study says that during wound remodeling if your missing the right protein/amino acids, your wound will not heal correctly and hurt our remodeling process. So the protein creation process will be retarded if you don't have the amino acids to produce hair. Your hair is 91% protein.

I believe for dermarolling amino acids is the most important thing you can take because it's what your hair is made of and during woundin/remodeling you need the ingredients.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I think it's working so far. :) We may all end up very thankful for this thread.

I started on Min/finasteride/nizoral on October 15th. I started rolling weekly on 10/25, but I built up to the 1.5mm. I rolled with a .5 the first two weeks, and then one week with a 1mm. Now when I roll, I roll my whole head first with a .5, and the roll it again with a 1.5. I have been doing that because it seems to not be as painful if I roll with a .5 first. I only use minoxidil on the morning of the day I roll, and the next night, and I only use nizoral a couple of times a week.
nice results but those regrow may be just more likely due to the big 3..but we dont know:/

Sparky4444

Reaction score
nice results but those regrow may be just more likely due to the big 3..but we dont know:/

When has the BIG 3 given results in such a short time??

I can go off here but I won't...Keep posting this kind of response on a forum with so many educated and experienced people and you won't get such a kind reply like mine :devil:

BeliefISKEY

Established Member
Reaction score
When has the BIG 3 given results in such a short time??

I can go off here but I won't...Keep posting this kind of response on a forum with so many educated and experienced people and you won't get such a kind reply like mine :devil:

How are your results bro?

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
How are your results bro?

Nevermind them, carrying on..... Make sure you have plenty of amino acids

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Protein and amino acid deficiencies impair all three stages of wound healing, but their primary ... is also an important fuel for hair follicle growth and maintenance ( Williams et al.... The role of fats in wound healing has not been widely studied.[/FONT]

danawhite1

Established Member
Reaction score
20131114_032734.jpg20131208_095805 (1).jpg

so ive been dermarolling for 6 weeks, right about the time when normal shedding occurs. the right pic i just took today, the left pic was about 3-4 weeks ago. u can clearly see my hairline took a hit. Help me out guys, anyone here had this kind of shedding at the 6 week mark and recovered from this?

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
View attachment 22830View attachment 22831

so ive been dermarolling for 6 weeks, right about the time when normal shedding occurs. the right pic i just took today, the left pic was about 3-4 weeks ago. u can clearly see my hairline took a hit. Help me out guys, anyone here had this kind of shedding at the 6 week mark and recovered from this?

I think 2young said his growth started after the 6th week, I am doing my 6th roll tonight, I have been shedding like a mutha also, seems to be slowing down, probably have a major shed tomorrow just because I said that

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 22830View attachment 22831

I've noticed some shedding as well.
If you think about it it's probably shock loss. Hopefully it comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.