New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Protein and amino acid deficiencies impair all three stages of wound healing, but their primary ... is also an important fuel for hair follicle growth and maintenance ( Williams et al.... The role of fats in wound healing has not been widely studied.

Good stuff...

Eating whole pizzas when I was bodybuilding used to be one of the most productive elements to my routine (assuming a healthy diet otherwise, of course).

What other similarities are there between muscle repair and wound healing?

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
6th roll down, did notice I needed more pressure to get the popping sound, not sure if my roller is getting dull or my scalp is thickening up, I may go ahead and order another 1.5 just to see if its dullness, have a 2mm ordered. other than that still had good blood flow, I applied minoxidil right after, going to do that for a few weeks

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Good stuff...

Eating whole pizzas when I was bodybuilding used to be one of the most productive elements to my routine (assuming a healthy diet otherwise, of course).

What other similarities are there between muscle repair and wound healing?

The wound healing stages are

1. Hemeostasis and inflammation
2. Proliferation and repair
3. Remodeling

During stage 2 the actual repair process arises from actual follicles where stem cells are released to wounded areas where they start multiplying and creating new cells this happens around day 4 after dermarolling. Your bodies chemicals start creating blood vessels and collagen to supply nutrients and oxygen to the wound.

http://www.mate.tue.nl/mate/pdfs/4703.pdf

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2011/438056/

When treated with herbal extract / amino acids, wounds were almost identical to normal tissue. Untreated or with placebos, tissue cells were less scattered like normal tissue and had thin and incomplete blood vessels. I believe mostly all hair loss is caused by bad circulation. Dermarolling fixes this.

the reason dermarolling works is because of the wounding and healing process. The body has a natural ability to heal itself if activated. Hardcore wounding heals in a completely different way, that's why your limbs don't grow back, because the matrix is not then anymore, your body starts developing bacteria due to lack of blood flow and the repair process is skipped.

when working out to build muscle in the gym, its same as dermarolling and they get bigger because the repair process. Make sure to supply your body with proper proteins/ amino acids or your repair process will make you heal incomplete, meaning smaller blood vessels, less oxygen to follicles.

----------Really IMPORTAnt--------------------------------Below will give you exact amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals for proper dermarolling healing so your cells can create follicles.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Abstract
A review of the literature reveals that unfavourable surgical outcome, including problems with wound infection and dehiscence, sepsis, and longer lengths of stay, correlates well with the determination of perioperative malnutrition as measured by a variety of indices. Increased malnutrition and more severe surgeries are individually predictive of poorer outcome. There is evidence that particular deficiencies of nutrients are likely to cause wound healing problems. Particularly important nutrients include amino acids (notably glycine, proline, and arginine) carbohydrates, fatty acids (especially linoleic and linolenic), vitamins (particularly C and A), minerals and the elements (particularly magnesium, copper, phosphorous and selenium).[/FONT]

studies haves been shown that amino acids have shown to increase nitrogen as much as 60-70% if you are deficient you will lose collagen, glycine accounts for 1/3 of all amino acids in collagen.
http://www.orthomed.org/resources/papers/brvwnd.htm

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
The wound healing stages are

1. Hemeostasis and inflammation
2. Proliferation and repair
3. Remodeling

During stage 2 the actual repair process arises from actual follicles where stem cells are released to wounded areas where they start multiplying and creating new cells this happens around day 4 after dermarolling. Your bodies chemicals start creating blood vessels and collagen to supply nutrients and oxygen to the wound.

http://www.mate.tue.nl/mate/pdfs/4703.pdf

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2011/438056/

When treated with herbal extract / amino acids, wounds were almost identical to normal tissue. Untreated or with placebos, tissue cells were less scattered like normal tissue and had thin and incomplete blood vessels. I believe mostly all hair loss is caused by bad circulation. Dermarolling fixes this.

the reason dermarolling works is because of the wounding and healing process. The body has a natural ability to heal itself if activated. Hardcore wounding heals in a completely different way, that's why your limbs don't grow back, because the matrix is not then anymore, your body starts developing bacteria due to lack of blood flow and the repair process is skipped.

when end working out its same as dermarolling and they get bigger because the repair process

Your body doesn't care if it is from a plant or an animal source etc.. Amino Acids are building blocks of proteins.. Pretty rare to see North American people with some deficiencies.. Collagen requires vitamin C for synthesis which humans don't produce naturally.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree, I'm one of few not using minoxidil, and will just be using amino acids, And healthy diet. Looks like amino acids do the same thing minoxidil does according to studies.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
I've noticed some shedding as well.
If you think about it it's probably shock loss. Hopefully it comes back.
I'm shedding at the moment too. Every time I comb my hair over a sink there's definitely strands falling out, which I definitely haven't experienced since my (professionally diagnosed) bout of Telogen Effluvium, although far less severe than that, of course. Hopefully it's a 'med shed'. I've done 7 weekly rolling sessions, unfortunately missing the last two weeks of November due to family visitors (first week missed) and taking it easy after a serious allergic reaction (second week missed). If that's taken the air out of tires, I'll be rather annoyed, although I'm so thoroughly used to the pain now, it doesn't seem as bad if it turns out I'm back on square one.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about shedding, it's scientifically impossible that dermarolling won't work for most people. Hair follicles always exist, they just lack circulation. Dermarolling creates proper environment, shedding happens to form knew follicles, that now have proper structure.

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm shedding at the moment too. Every time I comb my hair over a sink there's definitely strands falling out, which I definitely haven't experienced since my (professionally diagnosed) bout of Telogen Effluvium, although far less severe than that, of course. Hopefully it's a 'med shed'. I've done 7 weekly rolling sessions, unfortunately missing the last two weeks of November due to family visitors (first week missed) and taking it easy after a serious allergic reaction (second week missed). If that's taken the air out of tires, I'll be rather annoyed, although I'm so thoroughly used to the pain now, it doesn't seem as bad if it turns out I'm back on square one.

Don't mean to perpetuate the fear-mongering but I have also shed like an *** since starting the DR - did my 3rd today.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Don't mean to perpetuate the fear-mongering but I have also shed like an *** since starting the DR - did my 3rd today.

Shedding is a good sign! Embrace it!

- - - Updated - - -

I 3.0mm it yesterday night with a 192 needles. I am over what.. 18-19 weeks right now... Shedding is all gone.(Mine was pretty ****ing bad!) My hairline started to set in, hair are growing thicker everyday. Expecting a full recovery by next summer. life is good. Keep the rolling business going! :salut:

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
You get enough amino etc with your daily eating stuff.im eating like 150-200g of proteins daily and my hair dont grow much better than just eating like 5 g daily.Btw i guess ahedding is normal , maybe due To the new blood flow or while the scalp is on repair mode .

Dave721

Reaction score
Where are you guys buying your 1.5mm rollers from? I have one which I am fairly happy with, but I don't think it will last too long as it is fairly cheap construction.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Where are you guys buying your 1.5mm rollers from? I have one which I am fairly happy with, but I don't think it will last too long as it is fairly cheap construction.

Amazon & Ebay ..

vladut50

Reaction score
Keeping the scalp in an "antiogenesis state" with regular maintenance with the roller after recovery. I don't see any problems to drop the poison!

So you're saying that after restoring your full hair back, you can drop minoxidil or finasteride and continue only with derma rolling? That would be a good thing, but I am afraid it won't be that easy. I only switched from Lipogaine to Kirk minoxidil for 1 week, until my new Lipogaine order arrives, and I already feel the male pattern baldness itch on my scalp as regular minoxidil has no DHT inhibitor.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to stop spending so much money after restoring my hair, and use only the derma roller, but will that be possible? I will certainly try.

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score
Although I don't want to be a debbie downer and I just started by first needling session today, why isn't this "bigger"? As in it is 2013, I mean someone must have known about this before, why would people take a poison like finasteride or dutasteride if needling has always existed?

Gonewiththehair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Although I don't want to be a debbie downer and I just started by first needling session today, why isn't this "bigger"? As in it is 2013, I mean someone must have known about this before, why would people take a poison like finasteride or dutasteride if needling has always existed?

I think the wounding thing has been getting more and more popular with the studies coming out each year. Im just not sure the indian study pictures are to be expected as the norm as im 8 weeks in and not achieving that level just yet but maybe in the coming months and maybe the dermaroller is kick starting hairs that will take 6 months or more to come to maximum results.

vladut50

Reaction score
A very good hair supplement is raw bee pollen (frozen), but it can only be found in Europe (France). It is very rich in proteins (richer than meat or eggs), is the only food that has all 20 aminoacids necessary to life, has all the B vitamins, has vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, Omega 3 and, antiooxydants and many more stuff that are found in hair supplements. The difference is that bee pollen is a natural source of vitamins, which is more efficient that the onem we buy in pharmacies. So rolling and eating frozen raw bee pollen might be a good option. If you have a friend that has hives and bees, ask him.

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
A very good hair supplement is raw bee pollen (frozen), but it can only be found in Europe (France). It is very rich in proteins (richer than meat or eggs), is the only food that has all 20 aminoacids necessary to life, has all the B vitamins, has vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, Omega 3 and, antiooxydants and many more stuff that are found in hair supplements. The difference is that bee pollen is a natural source of vitamins, which is more efficient that the onem we buy in pharmacies. So rolling and eating frozen raw bee pollen might be a good option. If you have a friend that has hives and bees, ask him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spring-Vall...999?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ecc54820f

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score

Male pattern baldness is not caused by diet.

vladut50

Reaction score
Male pattern baldness is not caused by diet.
Of course, but a good diet and supplements will help.
We are talking here about dermarolling and a good hair supplement to fight male pattern baldness after restoring your hair with minoxidil or Finasteride.

Status
Not open for further replies.