New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that both finasteride/prp play a role in the results that were achieved.

Which results are you talking about?... you mean about the results from the study...?, if you don't, then that's fine, but if you do, you're wrong...

Yeah, the guy who was contacted from the study says he now treats his patinets with dermaroller+minoxidil+finasteride+prp... but on the study it says that

only minoxidil and dermaroller were used... they were very clear about how they did not allowed to particpate to anyone on finasteride or that has not been

finasteride free for at least a year ...

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
I went to THE Barber this week and i had pretty long hair, like 15cm! After he finished he said that he thought my hair was very strange, he said you came in i thought you had very thin and little hair, but now that i've cut it you have very think hair

im dermarolling since THE beginning of this thread:eek:nfire:

Now this is what keeps this thread alive, good results

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DSC07505.jpgDSC07506.jpgDSC07507.jpgDSC07508.jpgDSC07509.jpgDSC07515.jpg​no comment. pics talk

aka1

Reaction score
2young's fierce rolling is showing it's fruits!!
A great Israeli leader's words after he signed a peace treaty with Egypt were: "No more wars, no more bloodshed" (Menachem Begin, 1979)
let me paraphrase it to relate to 2young's method: : "More Blood, No More hair shed" (aka1, 2013)

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
some of them are already thicker than the rest.

my lymph nodes around neck are almost as they were. i am postponing next roll witch should be done now by 3 days(to play it safe). i believe the last two super heavy rolls and resident evil blood drawn contributed to rapid increase of results. my idea now forms as this. i will roll once every 10 day with 1.75mm. hard but not as hard. and i will aplly minoxidil only 4-5 days post wounding.i will not use nizoral or any other antiinflamantory treatment.if it keeps improving like that i am easily cured. fingers,feet fingers,d ick crossed.

suggestion. brothers roll harder.

[video=youtube;iqdXeHN6cZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqdXeHN6cZA&list=PLVqkvZA1y5EDxh-YMjqJGSO_9EDE1aafg&index=9[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

dont forget each morning to view this.

Wound_healing_phases.jpg

:salut:

Attachments

• 1280px-Wound_healing_phases.jpg
    1280px-Wound_healing_phases.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 258

zombiehair

Reaction score
For any of the rollers out their concerned about the lack of bleeding after an aggressive rolling session.
If you are like me with fairly advanced hair loss which you have had now for a substantial period of time.years.I wouldn't be to concerned.
The way I see It and from my understanding from reading some of the study's posted in this thread the reason our hair loss is advanced is over time we have lost most of the micro circulation on our scalps.
Therefore it will take us a longer period of time to reduce fibrosis and repair the circulation on our scalps.
I have been rolling now once a week for 13 to 14 weeks and just recently I am now starting to see more blood spots post rolling.
Still nothing like the blood baths some users have posted but an improvement since back when I started rolling.
I take this as a positive that my scalp circulation is improving and I can also see a definite but moderate improvement in hair count and quality.
Like Has been mentioned before different people with different stages of hair loss over different periods of time are going to take I guess a different time frame to see improvements.
But from my own experience and the positive posts from a growing number of others I believe improvement will happen.

roll on :)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder that too... Maybe if one is bleeding so much, the study is finished earlier.... Then everything is "remodelled" in the scalp?!! Then the blood is flowing again the way it should, dunno

Androgen Alopecia is the aftermath of a chronic low grade inflammation triggered by DHT. Inflammatory agents disrupt the microvascular endothelium and thus impair blood flow. By introducing Micro-Needling to the scalp, you just reversing the process, It is a slow process but a safe one. All we need is time and consistency and good coverage. Rolling as much area as possible is essential for best results.

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;yFNe2_9YJXs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFNe2_9YJXs[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Minimally Invasive Percutaneous Collagen Induction
http://owndoc.com/pdf/DermarollingScience.pdf

Sparky4444

Reaction score
The Derma-Pen type method seems like the most efficient way to go...It's like taking a Bic pen and flicking it on and off as you go -- minimizes the pressure one has to apply him/herself ...That's the part that always get's me -- you have to push it in and self-inflict, but with the pen the pressure is the same and constant everytime..

GoodToBeRich

Reaction score
I'm seeing what I think are significant results. I just completed my 7th week of rolling with 1.5. I'm also on finasteride and minoxidil. The image on the left is of my crown, and is from 10/17 and the right is from 12/05. Sorry the lighting is slightly different in the comparison, but you can clearly see I had no terminal hairs where there are many sprouting now. :)

10-17 and 12-05 2.jpg

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I'm seeing what I think are significant results. I just completed my 7th week of rolling with 1.5. I'm also on finasteride and minoxidil. The image on the left is of my crown, and is from 10/17 and the right is from 12/05. Sorry the lighting is slightly different in the comparison, but you can clearly see I had no terminal hairs where there are many sprouting now. :)

View attachment 22779

This is awesome! I can't imagine in a year! :salut:

- - - Updated - - -

The Derma-Pen type method seems like the most efficient way to go...It's like taking a Bic pen and flicking it on and off as you go -- minimizes the pressure one has to apply him/herself ...That's the part that always get's me -- you have to push it in and self-inflict, but with the pen the pressure is the same and constant everytime..

**** that! Keep it real! roll it! You can miss spots with the pen.. It takes me 2-3 minutes max to do my whole head.. Roll fast and everywhere.. Holding my head with one hand and rolling with the other.. With the derma pen..it is going to be a slow damn process!

vladut50

Reaction score
I really think that finasteride can be beneficial with the derma roller if you don't mind the sides. It will probably results in a faster reversal. Once your hair are back, drop the finasteride and maintain your results with one or 2 rolls a month. That could be a good plan. I really think that once your hair are back, minoxidil and finasteride can be dropped because normal vascularity would be back in your scalp pumping blood to the roots as per any normal human being. Monthly maintenance with the roller to keep your gain. Finasteride is not mandatory to get results with Micro-Needling. A lot of members proved it already on here and got awesome regrowth myself without it.

I am not sure that dropping Finasteride and Minoxidil is good. You risk loosing all the hair you worked so hard to gain.

View attachment 22779

Wow....great results!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I am not sure that dropping Finasteride and Minoxidil is good. You risk loosing all the hair you worked so hard to gain.

Keeping the scalp in an "antiogenesis state" with regular maintenance with the roller after recovery. I don't see any problems to drop the poison!

bhobho

Reaction score

Hey man, great result, thank you for sharing with us.
How long have you been on minoxidil+fina?

GoodToBeRich

Reaction score
Hey man, great result, thank you for sharing with us.
How long have you been on minoxidil+fina?

Thanks! I think it's working so far. :) We may all end up very thankful for this thread.

I started on Min/finasteride/nizoral on October 15th. I started rolling weekly on 10/25, but I built up to the 1.5mm. I rolled with a .5 the first two weeks, and then one week with a 1mm. Now when I roll, I roll my whole head first with a .5, and the roll it again with a 1.5. I have been doing that because it seems to not be as painful if I roll with a .5 first. I only use minoxidil on the morning of the day I roll, and the next night, and I only use nizoral a couple of times a week.

bhobho

Reaction score
Thanks! I think it's working so far. :) We may all end up very thankful for this thread.

I started on Min/finasteride/nizoral on October 15th. I started rolling weekly on 10/25, but I built up to the 1.5mm. I rolled with a .5 the first two weeks, and then one week with a 1mm. Now when I roll, I roll my whole head first with a .5, and the roll it again with a 1.5. I have been doing that because it seems to not be as painful if I roll with a .5 first. I only use minoxidil on the morning of the day I roll, and the next night, and I only use nizoral a couple of times a week.

Thank you! So you use minoxidil 1 per week? Maybe I misunderstood.

Anyway keep us updated

boldmun

Reaction score
This year my hair is getting worse and worse. Earlier this year I followed another study that said dutas could help, but honestly on that my hair still continued to deteriorate. I have been derma rolling since I found this thread. Tonight will be my 11th week. When I dermaroll I get bleeding. After 10 weeks, I don't see anything of note. There may be several small hairs but these don't contribute to the overall look of my hair. This thread keeps me encouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.