New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
....OK..on another note...

...has ANYONE ever applied minoxidil to the donor area after a hair transplant?? Talk about the ultimate in wounding --- especially with FUE...

...could this work?? squeeg'??

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
but just between you and me that's kind of a sissy roll :)

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
hahaha.
Hopefully next week gets easier lol
Dont want the wife to see me crying again ;)

Beer helps lot, I was semi hammered before last roll, but you will bleed more each time, my first couple I didn't bleed much, but 2young made me feel like a sissy after I saw his pics so I am just helping a brotha out

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just finished my first roll with a 192 1.5mm.
I was pushing as hard as I could and went over the thin area around 4times.
I dont nearly have as much blood as others.

Should I get a roller with longer needles or is this normal?View attachment 22745View attachment 22746

and how long after rolling does everyone wash their hair?

The first roll I barley had any blood. This second roll I had much more. I feel the third will have more than that.
I really get in there.
Even my gf got in there and we were fighting earlier in the day so she was really being rough and that was still a limited bleed.

- - - Updated - - -

I just finished my first roll with a 192 1.5mm.
I was pushing as hard as I could and went over the thin area around 4times.
I dont nearly have as much blood as others.

Should I get a roller with longer needles or is this normal?View attachment 22745View attachment 22746

and how long after rolling does everyone wash their hair?

Beer helps lot, I was semi hammered before last roll, but you will bleed more each time, my first couple I didn't bleed much, but 2young made me feel like a sissy after I saw his pics so I am just helping a brotha out

you know alcohol thins the blood and will just make you bleed easier and faster.

Kalio

Reaction score
After having read all the positive feedback, I have decided to participate in the rollfest. I wonder though, how long after a hair transplant could you roll over the recipient area without causing any damage? (This in case I accidentally roll over this area when focussing on the area directly behind it)

By the way, did any of you guys read this email answered by one of the scientists responsible for the study? It was posted by an administrator from some Scandinavian forum.

Good Day
Your name was cited in a recent Journal about a pilot study on Microneedling and the positive effects on Androgenic Alopecia.
Are you the correct person to contact regarding this study?
Please could you kindly contact me and comment whether you'd be willing to assist with some queries I have?
Many thanks for your assistance in this regard

02 August 2013
Dear Mr. XXXXXXX
I am the right person, who is responsible for the study.
We routinely perform microneedling for patients with androgenetic alopecia including women, getting good results.

Dear Dr YYYYYY
Thank you very much for getting back to me and confirming you are indeed the correct person.
I have a few queries on the treatment which maybe you can shed some light on:
1. Do the results continue improving under the microneedling / Minoxidle regime or is there a limit to the regrowth patients can expect?
2. Have you treated any patients with this regime whilst they were on Finasteride? How do their results compare?
3. What level of pain and bleeding should patients expect and could there be potential damage to the hair follicles if the treatment is too vigorous?
4. Do you treat with Minoxidle immediately after the treatment or follow the studies method of rest for 24 hours? If so, why?
5 Do you use different length needles for different patients or is there a standard length?
Thank you very much for your time clarifying these queries. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards
XXXXXXXXXX

07 August 2013
Dear XXXXXX
Ans
1. There was further mild improvement after completion of treatment
2. Now I treat all my patients with finasteride + minoxidil+microneedling + platelet rich plasma. Results are v.good.
3. very mild pain, one or 2 bleeding spots occasionally.
4. We ask our patients not to apply minoxidil on the day of procedure
5. Standard length is 1.5mm for all patients.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
After having read all the positive feedback, I have decided to participate in the rollfest. I wonder though, how long after a hair transplant could you roll over the recipient area without causing any damage? (This in case I accidentally roll over this area when focussing on the area directly behind it)

By the way, did any of you guys read this email answered by one of the scientists responsible for the study? It was posted by an administrator from some Scandinavian forum.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Thanks for posting that. So they applied minoxidil the following day and were not rolling anywhere as hard as the people covering their scalps in blood here. Now is this hard/bloody rolling beneficial or detrimental?

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
@squeegee... What do you think of this?

Since the dermaroller causes wounding and activates stem cells, we will need some ingredients to build these follicles, hair is made up of 91% amino acids! I found this supplement which is the only one I found containing all 22 amino acids and all fatty acids omega 3, 6, 9 http://www.montanaemuranch.com/vital-stats-10-oz-powder/

ive been doing a lot of research and I read a few times that you need all 22 amino acids to create cells or something, do you know anything about that as well?

Haircules

Reaction score
One of the best posts here..... Thanks...... What's your source?

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Kalio who is the profesor that been contacted?
is this the corresponder?

Correspondence Address:
Rachita Dhurat
B 14/2 Maitri Park CHS, Sion Trombay Road, Chembur, Mumbai - 400 071, Maharashtra
India

<strong>[video=youtube;N_YcD_yESk8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_YcD_yESk8[/video]

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Which Scandinavian forum? I'm from scandinavia, so maybe I can help asking more questions and such.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
minoxidil accelerates wound healing?

sorry if this have been discussed/\

http://www.google.com/patents/US4912111

i can feel the cure comming in the air toninght. i v been waiting for this moment all my life.

[video=youtube;4rkJ66kHYKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rkJ66kHYKU[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

this is the answer i got from Rachita Dhurat study corresponder.

Dear Mr xxxx Where are you from? Never do dermaroller till it bleeds. Continure dermaroller for 10-12 session then maintain with finasteride & minoxidil. Addition of Platelet rich plasma which I do

- - - Updated - - -

so why she says dont roll till it bleeds , i am confused about mild erythema stands for. anyway i will reduce the pressure obviously but what about maintainace. finasteride is out of question and chronic minoxidil will f uck my face collagen . i need help . is a heavy roll every 1 and a hlaf month gonna help maintain ? anyone ? help?

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any minoxidil alternatives, I heard cayenne, potassium and magnesium, any help would be great.....

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
her answer was what i posted. i am going to keep rolling heavy(slightly lighetr that my pic with blood) . i will keep minoxidil for three month and if i get even better results i will maybe maintain with minoxidil once a day and with care.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
her answer was what i posted. i am going to keep rolling heavy(slightly lighetr that my pic with blood) . i will keep minoxidil for three month and if i get even better results i will maybe maintain with minoxidil once a day and with care.

Yes I don't understand how they rolled with 1.5 and no bleeding unless they did lightly, also all the pics I've seen of people getting derma roller treatments bleed. I think the guy squeegee posted on page 15 and 24 of microneedle post is a prime example of how our method works. Also maybe you can switch to an amino acid supplement to maintain hair and drop minoxidil.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oral?
Yes I don't understand how they rolled with 1.5 and no bleeding unless they did lightly, also all the pics I've seen of people getting derma roller treatments bleed. I think the guy squeegee posted on page 15 and 24 of microneedle post is a prime example of how our method works. Also maybe you can switch to an amino acid supplement to maintain hair and drop minoxidil.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score

Yes, oral, I don't do any topicals, but I would as long as it doesn't look greasy. Amino acids are the building blocks of muscle, hair, etc. I found the only supplement that contains all 22 amino acids and all fatty acids as well as antioxidants, I will try this out. Minoxidil main ingredient is nitric oxide which is produced by amino acids arginine I believe.

dermarolling will initiate process and signals to grow hair, and amino acids which your hair is 91% of will provide nourishment and enhance growth phase I believe, it has too. All the important genes like FGF-9 are all made of amino acids.

Status
Not open for further replies.