New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh,sdo what you mean by "whole hairline" is hairline+temples?

And yea... I came to that same conclusion after seeing a few guys reporting that. IMO its most likely because of either new vascularity and/ or loosening of the area(s) you rolled over (increasing range in motion). Dunno about fibrosis... but I guess that theory makes sense too. I know for sure it's a result of fresh new vascularity but maybe you're loosening that area up too as well. minoxidil IMO is not necessary, though it can quicken the results since its basically helping to "feed" the new vascularity you've created with the roller, in a sense.

I mean my temples left and right were receding and now are filled in with small hairs. It has to be new cell growth and vessels

BeliefISKEY

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, me too. I had my firs hard roll, and no blood whatsoever, but the pain was huge. I hope to see some blood after 3-4 hard rolls.

Holy Sh**.... I just viewed the pics with normal view & all I can say is DAMN. You're moving up the Norwood scale like it's a game or something lol. You're regrowing your whole damn frontal area... It's like, you went from looking like a guy named Spencer or Stewart to a guy name Jonathon or Mike... You hairy MOTHERFU**** lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean my temples left and right were receding and now are filled in with small hairs. It has to be new cell growth and vessels

Right right I got it now. Good sh** man! Keep going!

BTW, you said you're doing this without minoxidil, correct? Just straight up DR?

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup, what made me think minoxidil isn't needed is I had hand surgery and have hairs that grew all around scar some even through. Other hand has fewer hairs by 90%

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think there is a difference between right before minoxidil rolling and the once a week rolling without minoxidil.

One is for absorption, and the other one is for regeneration of the skin and hair follicules.

I perform a soft absorption roll right before minoxidil, once every 2 days, and a very hard roll, with no minoxidil that day, once a week. I just did my first very hard roll today, so no different results until now.
View attachment 23058View attachment 23059
The absorption rolling is definitely working, as the scalp dries instantly and I feel some itch because of the minoxidil that goes in the small wounds. I have very good regrowing results.

The hard rolling, I cannot tel yet.

HOLY SH*T!!

That is impressive. And within such a short time frame too! Man, just imagine what your hair could look like if the results continue to improve with further dermarolling!

NICE WORK MAN!!!

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going to try a scalp peel once a week using DMSO, I heard someone on another forum say it helped his temples regrow a bit, but apparently it stings really bad.

Just make very, very sure there is no minoxidil left on/in the scalp when you apply DMSO.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Just make very, very sure there is no minoxidil left on/in the scalp when you apply DMSO.

Just curious why you stressed that point, I am starting a glycolic acid peel but was also thinking about giving that a shot

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious why you stressed that point, I am starting a glycolic acid peel but was also thinking about giving that a shot

because DMSO is a transdermal cream.. minoxidil will end up in his blood.......mixed with DMSO!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Hair transplant strip showing marked perifollicular fibrosis

Evaluation of perifollicular inflammation of donor area during hair transplantation in androgenetic alopecia and its comparison with controls
Background: Mild perifollicular inflammation is seen in both androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) cases and normal controls, whereas moderate or dense inflammation with concentric layers of collagen, is seen in Androgenetic Alopecia cases but only in very few normal controls, and may lessen the response to topical minoxidil. Moderate or dense lymphocytic inflammation and perifollicular fibrosis have poor hair growth following transplantation. Aim: The purpose of the study is to evaluate the perifollicular lymphocytic inflammation and fibrosis in Androgenetic Alopecia patients during follicular unit hair transplantation (FUT) and its comparison in normal controls. Materials and Methods: A total of 21 male patients with Androgenetic Alopecia and 7 matched controls participated in the study. Histopathological analysis of biopsy specimens from donor strip of patients during the hair transplantation and two 4 mm punch biopsies on controls were performed. Morphometric analysis was performed and perifollicular fibrosis was scored based on the width of the condensed collagen at the lower infundibulum and isthmus from 0 to 3. Perifollicular infiltrate was also scored 0-3 and a total score of 3 or more out of 6 was considered significant. Results: Nearly 76% of Androgenetic Alopecia patients had perifollicular fibrosis more than 50 μm at ×200 magnification. Almost 33.33% patients had moderate/dense perifollicular lymphocytic infiltrate whereas none of the controls had it. Total score in Androgenetic Alopecia cases was significantly higher than controls (P = 0.012) using Chi-square test. Out of 21 patients, 13 had a score of 3 or more and were followed-up with monthly treatment with intralesional steroids using a dermaroller. Conclusion: Histopathological evaluation of the donor area is a must during hair transplantation to evaluate the extent of perifollicular inflammation and achieve better results by following it up with treatment directed to decrease the inflammation.

They are achieving better regrowth with topical anti-inflammatory during hair transplant..This is indeed, really interesting.

http://www.ijtrichology.com/article...;issue=2;spage=73;epage=76;aulast=Nirmal#ref6

uantitative and ultrastructural analysis of inflammatory infiltrates in male pattern alopecia.

Sueki H, Stoudemayer T, Kligman AM, Murphy GF.
Author information

Abstract

In order to determine whether lymphocytic inflammation around the lower infundibula in male pattern alopecia is incidental or a general phenomenon, we performed morphometric and ultrastructural analysis of inflammatory infiltrates in the transitional zones of the vertex and occipital hairy scalps of 19 patients with male pattern alopecia. Six normal subjects served as controls. The number of inflammatory infiltrates around the follicular infundibula of the alopecic vertices and non-alopecic occiputs of male pattern alopecia patients was significantly greater than the corresponding control value. The number of mast cells in the widened fibrous tracts in the vertices of male pattern alopecia patients was significantly greater than those in the adventitial fibrotic sheaths of control subjects and the non-alopecic occiputs of male pattern alopecia patients. These data support the idea that the inflammatory process may be, at least in part, responsible for the development of male pattern alopecia.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
because DMSO is a transdermal cream.. minoxidil will end up in his blood.......mixed with DMSO!

Squeegee have you tried the dmso peel, from what I have read it can make your head peel like snake skin which may be a good thing, fortunately with my job I can wear a hat all day

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
[h=1]Male pattern alopecia a histopathologic and histochemical study.[/h]Lattanand A, Johnson WC.
[h=3]Abstract[/h]Three hundred and forty-seven tissue specimens were studied from 23 patients with male pattern alopecia. Characteristic features of pattern alopecia included: the presence of miniature or vellus follicles; a marked enlargement of the sebaceous glands and arrectores pilorum muscles; the presence of connective tissue streamers beneath the vellus follicles; and the thinning of the dermis. A mild perivascular infiltrate of mononuclear cells and mild capillary dilatation was sometimes seen. An increased number of mast cells was often a prominent feature. Histochemical procedures were performed for glycogen, acid mucosaccharides, inorganic substances, and enzymes including alkaline phosphatase, acid phosphatase, beta glucuronidase, cholinesterase, aminopeptidase, oxidases and dehydrogenases. Histochemical studies did not reveal any significantly abnormal enzyme changes other than the altered vascular and nerve supply to the the miniature follicles.

- - - Updated - - -

Squeegee have you tried the dmso peel, from what I have read it can make your head peel like snake skin which may be a good thing, fortunately with my job I can wear a hat all day

In have some at home.. **** this.. glycolic is safer.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit concerned about my own progress nearly 11 weeks in, nothing like any small vellus hairs creeping through, no early visible response basically. I never responded to minoxidil at all, that's a pretty essential element of the protocol so I'm strongly suspecting that the best responders to rolling are good minoxidil responders, which isn't me so I'm dialling down my personal expectations.

(NB I'll still keep rolling regardless, and believe this all works, just better for some than others. It's also undoubtably an important piece in the anti-Androgenetic Alopecia puzzle.)

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score

DMSO will pull in a lot - if not everything - you have on your scalp at the moment of application, into your bloodstream.
Some bodybuilders use DMSO instead of direct injections for medications/steroids. DMSO is to be respected.
Be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.