New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh Yea?

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair is almost identical to mine...i would say i see slight improvement...were about on the same amount of time dermarolling .and I've seen similiar results as yours but I've been doing my whole head and ive seen better results in the hairline than i have my crown...but maybe because i can see my hair line easier...i beleive it is helping...only time will tell

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair is almost identical to mine...i would say i see slight improvement...were about on the same amount of time dermarolling .and I've seen similiar results as yours but I've been doing my whole head and ive seen better results in the hairline than i have my crown...but maybe because i can see my hair line easier...i beleive it is helping...only time will tell

That's promising that you have seen results on the hair line, it seems every treatment works on the crown and not so much the hairline, gonewith I think I can see quite a bit of thin new hairs, 10 weeks is no where near enough time to give up

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.ijtrichology.com/viewimage.asp?img=IntJTrichol_2013_5_1_6_114700_u6.jpg

srsly what happend to the scalp on the right pic?I cant believe they said mild erythma or whatev..right pic looks more like permanent inflammation or heavy wounding(looks like inflammation after hair transplant)

Remember this picture was taken at the 12 week mark, so the patient had recently been rolled. It's quite natural for the scalp to have that discoloured, bruised look for a while after rolling. Yes, the "mild erythema" line was pretty misleading. Even to this day we're still having to explain to people why we are wounding heavily instead of rolling to redness.

- - - Updated - - -

Really good to hear you say that.
You're one of the level-headed users here that aren't prone to get overly optimistic (placebo).
So, this means a lot coming from you.

Where are you seeing new black hairs? All over?
How often do you roll, and what's your regimen?

Thanks man. Yes, black hairs coming through everywhere I am rolling. Still got a lot of distance to go, but it's very encouraging to see progress. Gives one the determination to keep up with the rolling despite the obvious discomfort.

I'm rolling with 1.5mm needles once a week til there is a reasonable amount of blood spots, and I'm applying minoxidil on the other 6 days. Actually, sometimes I am a bit lax and leave 10-14 days between rolling, and sometimes I only apply minoxidil once a day. The results may be even better if I stuck rigidly to the regime, but even with this more relaxed approach it does seem to be working, still.

Good luck, lads. Keep rollin'.

SCALPMASTER

Reaction score
I did a scalp peel today using DMSO and it really hurts, it almost feels as if you have been burnt by fire. However if it can improve results i am prepared to carry on doing it once a week.

Also i am thinking of taking soy isoflavones to boost results, has anyone tried them.

Oh Yea?

Established Member
Reaction score
This may be nonsense but i beleive im seeing better results by adding minoxidil direclty after rolling..or it could just be that im so far into the dermarolling im just seeing what would have inevitably would have happened just keeping on the regime with the 24 hr after minoxidil which I've done up until this Thursday

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
This may be nonsense but i beleive im seeing better results by adding minoxidil direclty after rolling..or it could just be that im so far into the dermarolling im just seeing what would have inevitably would have happened just keeping on the regime with the 24 hr after minoxidil which I've done up until this Thursday

directly minoxidil after rolling may be better but is dangerous....i d prefer get minoxidil 2-3 hours before rolling on the scalp..

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
directly minoxidil after rolling may be better but is dangerous....i d prefer get minoxidil 2-3 hours before rolling on the scalp..

If you hard rolling. I don't think that minoxidil is needed for the first few days.. there is so much blood up there with the acute inflammation. My head can be redddish for 3-5 days.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
If you hard rolling. I don't think that minoxidil is needed for the first few days.. there is so much blood up there with the acute inflammation. My head can be redddish for 3-5 days.

Our main poster boy for success prettyfly applies minoxidil directly after rolling if I am not mistaken, I started doing it 4 weeks ago after I read that he did and other than the 1st time haven't had worst sides, if I were to model my routine after any one it would be him with a few tweaks as I go

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Our main poster boy for success prettyfly applies minoxidil directly after rolling if I am not mistaken, I started doing it 4 weeks ago after I read that he did and other than the 1st time haven't had worst sides, if I were to model my routine after any one it would be him with a few tweaks as I go

I rolled it hard. I have roller marks, almost bruises and my head is reddish for 3-5 days. With the amount of blood migrating to my head, I really think that minoxidil is not needed for the first few days.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm red 2-3 days, my hair line is filled in with vellus hairs blonde and black, been dipping dermaroller in crude oil before each roll just going over 4-5 rolls. My manager keeps looking at my head when she talks to me lol.

She won't say anything though haha

vladut50

Reaction score
I think there is a difference between right before minoxidil rolling and the once a week rolling without minoxidil.

One is for absorption, and the other one is for regeneration of the skin and hair follicules.

I perform a soft absorption roll right before minoxidil, once every 2 days, and a very hard roll, with no minoxidil that day, once a week. I just did my first very hard roll today, so no different results until now.
1.jpg2.jpg
The absorption rolling is definitely working, as the scalp dries instantly and I feel some itch because of the minoxidil that goes in the small wounds. I have very good regrowing results.

The hard rolling, I cannot tel yet.

BeliefISKEY

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm red 2-3 days, my hair line is filled in with vellus hairs blonde and black, been dipping dermaroller in crude oil before each roll just going over 4-5 rolls. My manager keeps looking at my head when she talks to me lol.

Lol @ your manager looking at your head.

How are your temples looking?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow.... I'm impressed at the thickness and regrowth I see... The pics seem blurry but I can still tell that I'm looking at good progress. Only 1 problem though..... It SEEMS like your hair is a bit longer on the right pic... But that could be because the pics are blurry on my end so idk.

vladut50

Reaction score
Wow.... I'm impressed at the thickness and regrowth I see... The pics seem blurry but I can still tell that I'm looking at good progress. Only 1 problem though..... It SEEMS like your hair is a bit longer on the right pic... But that could be because the pics are blurry on my end so idk.
3.jpg
Yes, that one was before cutting my hair. Chek out this one!
I started my treatment around 1st of August 2013 (Lipogaine twice a day + 1.5mm roller once a day, soft absorption roll.)

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score

How are your temples looking?

- - - Updated - - -

My hairline is pretty much filled in just small hairs not taking off yet, but I think blood flow is cause of baldness makes sense, most guys not bleeding with 1.5 have no blood flow there, and it increases after every roll.

vladut50

Reaction score
My hairline is pretty much filled in just small hairs not taking off yet, but I think blood flow is cause of baldness makes sense, most guys not bleeding with 1.5 have no blood flow there, and it increases after every roll.
Yes, me too. I had my firs hard roll, and no blood whatsoever, but the pain was huge. I hope to see some blood after 3-4 hard rolls.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score

Crude oil??

- - - Updated - - -

I think there is a difference between right before minoxidil rolling and the once a week rolling without minoxidil.

One is for absorption, and the other one is for regeneration of the skin and hair follicules.

I perform a soft absorption roll right before minoxidil, once every 2 days, and a very hard roll, with no minoxidil that day, once a week. I just did my first very hard roll today, so no different results until now.
View attachment 23058View attachment 23059
The absorption rolling is definitely working, as the scalp dries instantly and I feel some itch because of the minoxidil that goes in the small wounds. I have very good regrowing results.

The hard rolling, I cannot tel yet.

We have been looking for results similar to the study and here they are and you didn't even follow the study !!!!!!!!

BeliefISKEY

Established Member
Reaction score

Oh,sdo what you mean by "whole hairline" is hairline+temples?

And yea... I came to that same conclusion after seeing a few guys reporting that. IMO its most likely because of either new vascularity and/ or loosening of the area(s) you rolled over (increasing range in motion). Dunno about fibrosis... but I guess that theory makes sense too. I know for sure it's a result of fresh new vascularity but maybe you're loosening that area up too as well. minoxidil IMO is not necessary, though it can quicken the results since its basically helping to "feed" the new vascularity you've created with the roller, in a sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.