New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetsymphony

Reaction score
he did get a hair transplant, thats what he meant by needles, perhaps creams he meant PRP/acell but more than liekley minoxidil (he wouldnt really know what it truly is), and of course he takes finasteride.

Hes got the money for a great transplant.

I disagree that he got a hair transplant. I went to one of the top hair transplant surgeons in Beverly Hills (recommended by Hair Restoration Network) and even he was not able to achieve the kind of density Daniel Tosh has. Not even close! To the untrained eyes, you may not be able to tell if someone has gotten a hair transplant but I most certainly can.

UNLESS he got a hair transplant along with Acell plus PRP injections then maybe...? But then why wouldn't he just say he got a transplant or went under the knife? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to be ashamed to admit it (have you seen some of the really weird and awkward things he's done on his show? That guy has no shame!) and in addition he showed pics of his hair from season 1 and proudly said it took years of needles to his head, pills and creams. hair transplant just does not add up for me.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree that he got a hair transplant. I went to one of the top hair transplant surgeons in Beverly Hills (recommended by Hair Restoration Network) and even he was not able to achieve the kind of density Daniel Tosh has. Not even close! To the untrained eyes, you may not be able to tell if someone has gotten a hair transplant but I most certainly can.

UNLESS he got a hair transplant along with Acell plus PRP injections then maybe...? But then why wouldn't he just say he got a transplant or went under the knife? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to be ashamed to admit it (have you seen some of the really weird and awkward things he's done on his show? That guy has no shame!) and in addition he showed pics of his hair from season 1 and proudly said it took years of needles to his head, pills and creams. hair transplant just does not add up for me.

This would imply dermarolling. You don't do years of hair transplants and you dont refer to hair transplants in years of, but rather in sessions.

Reaction score
A few page back someone refered to "minoxidil face". I have never heard of this. What is it? And as I am now rolling am I more likely to develop whatever it is?

Finco

Reaction score
I have been a lurker on this thread for a long time. I am 34 years old and a NW3 with a slightly thinning crown. I was on finasteride for 18 months along with minoxidil 5% twice a day. I dropped finasteride 3 months ago because i saw very little improvement. I carried on using minoxidil though and started using a 1.5mm dermaroller 6 weeks ago and have now done 6 rolls with a lot of bleeding ( one every week. ) I can honestly say my crown does look like it has improved and i have a lot of vellus hairs on my temples that were not there before, until i started with the dermaroller i saw nothing so in my opinion the roller has definitely done something.

Good to hear mate, keep us updated. Any progress pictures?

Thanks

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
A few page back someone refered to "minoxidil face". I have never heard of this. What is it? And as I am now rolling am I more likely to develop whatever it is?

If you roll your face too you will be way ahead of the curve before having started minoxidil though.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

LOL.. no worries! keep on rolling!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
This article would agree with your point:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10771470

Question is, what kind of hair is created though? Is the next to useless velus hair or our desired terminal hair?

Photos taken today, Middle of of my bald temples. yes, I have a lot of hair growing along my temples/hairline.. but the next pictures were taken right on the middle of them (toughest area to see any results).. about 20 weeks in.. All these holes are hair coming out! not derma rolling holes..! See.. patience and hard core rolling=results. Keep on rolling people!

you to judge!

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
Squeegee what were you on the Norwood scale before starting? Pretty crazy! Maybe those pics will calm people down in demanding them from you for a few weeks!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Squeegee what were you on the Norwood scale before starting? Pretty crazy! Maybe those pics will calm people down in demanding them from you for a few weeks!

Norwood 2A with thinning on top. no vertex balding at all. When you got hair growing on bald as f*ck temples (middle), nothing gave me that kind of results in the past.. finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil etc.. derma rolling works.

LayZ

Reaction score
I've seen pigmented micro hairs from other treatments, but never in doubles and I think even a triple like in squeegee's pics.

Anybody else ever see that before?

Dunno what it means but it's pretty wild...

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
@squeegee
Yeah I've been on finasteride for a few years and minoxidil. I'm slightly receding, and neither of these have helped my hairline, so I decided to try rolling... Hopefully I can see as good of results as 2young and you have on the temples or crown with my hairline... Time will tell, thanks for all the info you're posting though, and everyone else for helping with my dumb questions!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
@squeegee
Yeah I've been on finasteride for a few years and minoxidil. I'm slightly receding, and neither of these have helped my hairline, so I decided to try rolling... Hopefully I can see as good of results as 2young and you have on the temples or crown with my hairline... Time will tell, thanks for all the info you're posting though, and everyone else for helping with my dumb questions!

No worries Slam! dumb questions help others as well! Keep on rollin brother!

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at some macros today and the amount of thick black hairs coming back through is really encouraging. I think 2014 is the year for major recovery for all us rollers.

ROLL ON, ROLLERS...AND ROLL ON 2014! :punk:

Really good to hear you say that.
You're one of the level-headed users here that aren't prone to get overly optimistic (placebo).
So, this means a lot coming from you.

Where are you seeing new black hairs? All over?
How often do you roll, and what's your regimen?

Oh Yea?

Established Member
Reaction score
Weekly roll...head was so scaled up it was sticking to derma roller....decided against getting finasteride tomrrow...20 min after roll 1.25 ml minoxidil 5% to head temples and crown ....worked out for 20 mins to pump up blood flow before adding minoxidil...

sweetsymphony

Reaction score
Photos taken today, Middle of of my bald temples. yes, I have a lot of hair growing along my temples/hairline.. but the next pictures were taken right on the middle of them (toughest area to see any results).. about 20 weeks in.. All these holes are hair coming out! not derma rolling holes..! See.. patience and hard core rolling=results. Keep on rolling people!

you to judge!

That's awesome, squeegee! Can't wait to see how your hair looks in a year!!!

Also, where can I get one of those microscopic cameras that you use?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
That's awesome, squeegee! Can't wait to see how your hair looks in a year without scars and customized hairline lol

Also, where can I get one of those microscopic cameras that you use?

Sweet.. having pretty much the same progression of an hair transplant.. Hair takes forever to grow.. at the 8 months mark, I will be golden!

[video=youtube;zdyTkIadqNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdyTkIadqNo[/video]

The camera that I am using is a USB digital camera..you can find them everywhere..ebay..amazon..

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
having pretty much the same progression of an hair transplant.. Hair takes forever to grow.. at the 8 months mark, I will be golden!

[video=youtube;zdyTkIadqNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdyTkIadqNo[/video]

ding! ding!

I tried the apple cider vinegar and baking soda exfoliating mix with water. Mixed emotions about it. I will try again to see if I didn't do something right. Maybe we're so used to the more intense deep wounding with the derma-roller now that mild tingling doesn't even move the needle on pain tolerance!

I used the laser afterwards. Adding to the blood-flow rush to the scalp theory, maybe using this more aggressively would have it's part? The instructions and the way you are instructed to use them basically means moving your hand slowly. If you add some pressure and scrape across your scalp I find you can get some decent bloodflow afterwards because of the added laser component.

I tried brushing harshly with a boar bristle brush afterwards as well. Mild results there too vs. what used to feel like it was completely opening up my pores across my scalp...

I did try add some hydrogen peroxide after and this had the strongest effect out of any of the previous 3 exercises. 15 minutes later and still some tingling.

Basically, I'm looking for something to do on off-nights after the 4 month mark when skin is well healed but I don't want to over-do the dermarolling and want to wait 2-4 weeks between.

I should probably get some glycolic acid.

A few months ago I used to use this steamer like they have in salons a few nights a week prior to night-time application of topicals. It also has an oxygen emission feature, I'm not really sure how scientific it really is at $40 though. I think that was basically reason I stopped using that. May get back into the routine at least a few nights a week.

I'm really liking the hydrogen peroxide, at least after the apple cider vinegar/baking soda exfoliation, lasering, and boar bristle brushing. I'll test it out without the previous 3 exercises and see what effect it does or doesn't have.

Keep rolling my friends.:punk:

- - - Updated - - -

Traumatizing the skin with the derma-roller causes a rush of blood rich in platelets and progenitors stem cells. This is why the derma-roller is brillant and works. Minoxidil works by itself but is very limited.

Why wouldn't simple PRP injections work by theirselves then?

Status
Not open for further replies.