New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
DRing causes inflammation. So i imagine it's normal to feel some itch.

I'm still feeling massive male pattern baldness itch. If male pattern baldness is some acquired immune habit, i can't imagine this male pattern baldness itch will ever disappear from my scalp, dermarolling or not, since dht will still be in the area.

I normally get the itch right after a shed, I have had a very minor itch all week but today it really kicked in, was terrified to look I the mirror when got home to tell the truth because the whole top of my head itched badly and I was like oh my god is all my hair falling out in a day, that's how it felt LOL. I have to say sadistically I am looking forward to my roll this evening
Danawhite1 that is what mine looks like but I am going to bleed a little more tonight, I hope anyway, you have had good results so far so you were doing something right

Ok I just rolled, OOOOUUUCCCHHHH, I rolled harder than I had been, I also used some Bud light to take away a little pain but I have to say my scalp feels alive right now, I have heard guys say that but never felt it before, One more roll down, I can say though it does pull some hair out, even with the 192 pin

aka1

Reaction score
what ever happened to Vraf and the other Israeli??
vraf what's the name of the hairdresser be'givataim

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In case anybody missed this picture in the results thread: 10 weeks of rolling by badgenetics, wow! No one gets results like this in 70 days from finasteride/minoxidil. Got to be the DR.

Wow! Whats his routine?

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I decided to start the experiment with the dermaroller too after following you guys here. It's such an inspiration to see how people help and inform each other with their results. I want to do the same now. Can someone post a link to a good (or the best?) dermaroller out there? :)

- - - Updated - - -

And how many mm should I go for? :)

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I decided to start the experiment with the dermaroller too after following you guys here. It's such an inspiration to see how people help and inform each other with their results. I want to do the same now. Can someone post a link to a good (or the best?) dermaroller out there? :)

- - - Updated - - -

If you've been following us then you should be able to answer those pretty basic questions :sleep:

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow! Whats his routine?

Hi mj9! I roll every Friday with a 1.5mm 192 needle dermaroller. I do minoxidil foam 2x/day, although I skip Friday evening and Saturday morning's applications. I'm also on 1 mg finasteride/day and keto shampoo 3x/week.

aka1

Reaction score
But pilox ll has not been discussed here...

I know it hasn't, and there is a reason why I posted my question in this thread despite that fact...:censored:
maybe the Israeli guys could inform us about their progress anyway...
I'm in Israel and would love to take part of the thing they've been talking about

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of guys have asked the same question before, and they never get a straight answer... why?... because nobody really cares... just buy whichever you feel like it, and that's it. There are cheap dermarollers, and there are expensive dermarollers, the only real diference is that the expensive dermarollers will last longer (you have to change your dermaroller from time to time, as the neddles will get dull after a while)... a $30 dermaroller is fine... a $5.99 dermaroller is fine too, whatever...

Just keep in mind that if you have longer hair, 540 neddles will be more messy than the 192, as it will tangle, pull and cut your hair (the 192 will do it too, but to a lesser extent)...

Also, some guys have complained that is harder to get the 540 inside your skin, as that many neddles create some sort of nails-bed effect...

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
A lot of guys have asked the same question before, and they never get a straight answer... why?... because nobody really cares... just buy whichever you feel like it, and that's it. There are cheap dermarollers, and there are expensive dermarollers, the only real diference is that the expensive dermarollers will last longer (you have to change your dermaroller from time to time, as the neddles will get dull after a while)... a $30 dermaroller is fine... a $5.99 dermaroller is fine too, whatever...

Just keep in mind that if you have longer hair, 540 neddles will be more messy than the 192, as it will tangle, pull and cut your hair (the 192 will do it too, but to a lesser extent)...

Also, some guys have complained that is harder to get the 540 inside your skin, as that many neddles create some sort of nails-bed effect...

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. I have ordered one 1mm/540 from Amazon for 9,94 pounds. I have short hair.

How long time would you think a derma roller last? and is there a special way to clean it?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi mj9! I roll every Friday with a 1.5mm 192 needle dermaroller. I do minoxidil foam 2x/day, although I skip Friday evening and Saturday morning's applications. I'm also on 1 mg finasteride/day and keto shampoo 3x/week.

Hi Badgenetics! How hard do you DR - blood everywhere or just lightly? Also, i noticed you started DR a while after finasteride/min - where you already getting results before you started DR? Fantastic results btw

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using the 1.5mm 192 pin version I found here: http://www.follacure.com/t/dermaroller . Ordered both the 540 and 192 pin versions but I don't think the 540 pin is effective because it's more difficult to get full 1.5mm penetration.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is it necessary to have 1,5 mm? isn't 1mm enough?

I've used .5mm DR several years ago and had zero results. I think the study used 1.5mm and I think that's most here are using. The thinking is you have to go deep to get to the stem cell rich area.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been rolling with 0.5mm four days a week, 1.5mm once a week, is that too often? No topicals except for adding emu oil every week to my shampoo. Suffer from aggressive dupa so don't want to try minoxidil. Thinking been on the emu oil and 0.5 regular is I noticed on advice Page somebody had great results with boar bristle brush and emu oil for a few months with regular use so could be the same stimulating effect. Shedding a lot of skin and some weird hair shape,size and looking strands brushing off..feels like paper. How long does hair shred last?

I believe the study called for once per week and I'm trying to match the study exactly right now since we know it works. Once I see my baby hairs getting longer I'll be more inclined to experiment. You need to use minoxidil for this to work like the study, I believe that the minoxidil or ethel alcohol in it is modulating PGD2 and PGE2 in the right direction.

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
I've used .5mm DR several years ago and had zero results. I think the study used 1.5mm and I think that's most here are using. The thinking is you have to go deep to get to the stem cell rich area.

Interesting. I might order one more then, so I at least have one with 1,5mm too.

What about cleaning the dermaroller? How do you do that? and how long does it last would you think?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I might order one more then, so I at least have one with 1,5mm too.

What about cleaning the dermaroller? How do you do that? and how long does it last would you think?

I keep a small glass of isopropyl alcohol by my sink and dip it in that before and after use. Don't know how long they will last but at $15 I think it's one of the cheapest treatments even if you have to buy one a month.

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
So what are you exactly suppose to do? You role once a week (one time in the morning etc.), and then you wait with the minoxidil 24 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.