New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
See my progress thread from 2007-2010: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/35120-Success-on-KSR-with-pics

The best it got was the pics on page 7: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/35120-Success-on-KSR-with-pics/page7 about 16 months into KSR. My vertex hair was thick and healthy. The downside was my hairline may have inched down slightly, but never saw the same success as the vertex. And the KSR routine took at least an hour a day if not more. Way too much time for a guy that previously rolled out of bed 15 minutes before leaving the house. But to go from slick bald on top to that was pretty cool.

KSR is finasteride,minoxidil,retin A,nizoral,MSM/topical/oral MSM, topical spironolactone, topical B12, rolling(.5mm), miconazole nitrate, Emu Oil, Castor Oil, Progesterone cream, Hydrocortizone. Some of those were added later.

Started with 5% minoxidil then 15%, settled on large amounts of 5% multiple times daily, all topical treatments were at various times and durations during that 2007-2010 period.

How many of the ingredients from the full KSR regimen are you still using? It's a shame you didn't test removing each of those separately and allowing some time to pass to see if you could attribute any effect to specific ingredients. It's a LONG list.

Did you have any sexual side-effect from Finasteride, and how quickly did you recover that after stopping it?

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
See my progress thread from 2007-2010: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/35120-Success-on-KSR-with-pics

The best it got was the pics on page 7: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/35120-Success-on-KSR-with-pics/page7 about 16 months into KSR. My vertex hair was thick and healthy. The downside was my hairline may have inched down slightly, but never saw the same success as the vertex. And the KSR routine took at least an hour a day if not more. Way too much time for a guy that previously rolled out of bed 15 minutes before leaving the house. But to go from slick bald on top to that was pretty cool.

KSR is finasteride,minoxidil,retin A,nizoral,MSM/topical/oral MSM, topical spironolactone, topical B12, rolling(.5mm), miconazole nitrate, Emu Oil, Castor Oil, Progesterone cream, Hydrocortizone. Some of those were added later.

Started with 5% minoxidil then 15%, settled on large amounts of 5% multiple times daily, all topical treatments were at various times and durations during that 2007-2010 period.

seriously mate you past results (success) is one of kind.
you found what works for you,,why stop?

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a shame you didn't test removing each of those separately and allowing some time to pass to see if you could attribute any effect to specific ingredients. It's a LONG list.

If someone is getting results it's doubtful they would want to start removing things from the regime just for "test" purposes, you'd be excited and would want to keep regrowing your hair. The effects are most likely the result of many of these things in combination. That's the problem when using so many treatments, not knowing which ones are the most effective.

seriously mate you past results (success) is one of kind.
you found what works for you,,why stop?

He explained it, it took at least an hour to apply all of that stuff every day and even though it was working he felt that was way too much time.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know but he might as well stick with what works for him rather than risking many months/years on experimentals with unknown outcomes? I take my hat off for him for his determination.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess if it's not suitable for him time-wise, it's his choice to look for an alternative. Must have been quite expensive to continue purchasing all of those treatments too. Dermarolling with minoxidil seems to be quite effective so far, it remains to be seen how far we can go with this. Fingers crossed it'll be a long-term success story.

Chipman222

Reaction score
Just ordered a dermaroller. Is rubbing alcohol (isopropanol) sufficient to disinfect it before and after use?[FONT=Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS][/FONT]

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a dermaroller. Is rubbing alcohol (isopropanol) sufficient to disinfect it before and after use?

thats ok

i notice a shedding atm (in for like 4 -5 weeks) on my miniaturized hair on the temples where i rolled.I can also pull them easily out atm .Hope that this is a good sign to get me maybe stronger terminals than thinning 1-2cm long ones

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's really nice when you start to notice darker areas in your really weak hairline... and much more to go! I'm so happy someone discovered this study and spread the word.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
It's really nice when you start to notice darker areas in your really weak hairline... and much more to go! I'm so happy someone discovered this study and spread the word.

:punk: Jlyncher is the man!

- - - Updated - - -

Just ordered a dermaroller. Is rubbing alcohol (isopropanol) sufficient to disinfect it before and after use?

Yes Chip! good to go!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I have been doing the derma roller thing for a little bit more than 3 months now! AND..... New small visible terminal hairs start to pop!!!

At first they were non visible from a naked eye (I needed to take photo with my macro lens to see the results.) I guess it may be depressing to some because it's almost impossible to see your results at first because you may not see your new hairs with your naked eyes.

Its just slowly getting better with time. Those *new* terminal hairs are still a lot weaker than the hairs I have on the sides of my head (and they are not as dark too), but it's better than nothing. I will take new picture when my new setup will be done.

Mikazz.. even hair transplant takes forever. I have a microscopic camera.. and yeah It works. Just give it 6-9 months to see a real world difference. People are just being impatient. The bulb of the hair is very complex itself and cycle takes forever to kick in.. Keep the faith in the treatment and stay consistent..

- - - Updated - - -

like someone said earlier, things that are healthy for your hair may not be healthy for other parts of your body. example: finasteride kills ur dick, minoxidil makes your heart breakdance, etc. i need advice on minoxidil...my face is ok but the bags under my eyes are really visible, which i thought was due to drinking too much but i havent drank in a while. face gets swollen often too. whats the best way to use minoxidil to avoid those symptoms the most? squeege said to not use it before bed as it may get on my face on the pillow but what other methods and timing for minoxidil will help minimize the swollen face/baggy eyes? dermarolling makes minoxidil work more effectively but also makes the side effects more effective as well

Minoxidil is a vasodilator. yes it can affect the areas around your pumpkin. Minoxidil is an inhibitor of lysyl hydroxylase, an enzyme involved in collagen production. It is a great add-on the fight androgen alopecia with the derma roller.

Never forget that quote from L'Oreal:
During the hair cycle the follicle has to be rebuilt from stem cells,” explains Dr Bruno Bernard, director of research for life sciences at L’Oreal. “Stem cells in human hair follicles are localised in two different reservoirs – one is in the upper part of the follicle and the other in the lower part. “The cells in the lower part are required to activate the cells in the upper part and so help to maintain the follicle function. The thickening of collagen in the connective tissue sheath, which sits around the base of the hair follicle, prevents the movement of stem cells from the lower reservoir to the upper reservoir. Bit by bit, the follicle is squeezed and causes the follicles to grow smaller and smaller.” Indeed, research from The Rockefeller University in New York suggests movement between the two groups of stem cells is crucial in normal hair growth. Another recent study, at the University of Pennsylvania, has shown that bald areas of scalp contain the same number of stem cells as hairy areas. It disproved theories that hair loss in androgenic alopecia was due to a loss of follicle stem cells suggesting that they have just become inactive.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

From your KSR list, what would you say is the most effective to least? Can you sort the list by most to least effective?

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
From your KSR list, what would you say is the most effective to least? Can you sort the list by most to least effective?

im taking 2000-4000mg of msm and vitamin c 3 times a day, and I started growing hair on this 1 spot on my sideburns that hasn't grown in since I was 16, now 26. I don't use the dermaroller for that though, Also I believe I'm growing more eyebrow hairs, I am only taking those supplements. Msm is supposed to produces collagen and flexibility of tissue and makes cells stronger by removing waste and allowing more nutrients to be absorbed. Also makes hair diameter thicker and stronger, vitamin c enhances it's effectiveness, I use the vitamin c with bioflavins. This combined formula is known as the miracle supplement some even use for cancer cure.

Msm also reduces inflammation and removes toxins from your body so expect to **** a lot like 4 times a day, and drink plenty of whatever. You have to have your body and cells in orders to make this dermarolling very successful in my opinion.

Nicholas89

Reaction score
Do you bleed during the dermaroller sessions? I use 1,5mm dermaroller but no matter how hard I push I don’t bleed. I see that the whole length of needles are in the tissue but there is no single drop of blood. How do you think why is that? Am I doing something wrong? Should I start to use needles longer than 1,5mm?

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you bleed during the dermaroller sessions? I use 1,5mm dermaroller but no matter how hard I push I don’t bleed. I see that the whole length of needles are in the tissue but there is no single drop of blood. How do you think why is that? Am I doing something wrong? Should I start to use needles longer than 1,5mm?

I find that some parts of my scalp bleed a lot easier than others. For example, I could never seem to get my temples to bleed. But now after some many weeks there are some blood spots.

Everyone here seems to be experiencing some skin shedding. I've been really consistent with the rolling and I don't see any flakes. I'm questioning whether it is vital that skin needs to shed in order to see progress....

Squeegee, since you roll every 3 days now, when do you use things like Nizoral or copper peptides? Since they both hinder the inflammation process.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol i rolled today and i lost like 10 liters of blood.half of my face was full of blood coming out from temples where i roll.go hard or go home(hopefully i dont get any bacterials in my head).

but i guess the longer u are bald the less u ll blood

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
holy crap guys you are making me feel kind of like a sissy LOL, blood running down your face Damn, I get spots when I roll, just put light pressure, usually roll 4-5 time same direction over same area then cross direction. I really wish we can find out what for sure how hard they rolled in the studies, I really don't want to damage any follicles but also don't want to waste my time

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score

Thats pretty crazy, I bleed very good on 1.5, sometimes like 3/4 in it pops and pretty much each one, I would go longer if I were you, maybe 2, maybe your scalp is thicker than average or mine smaller than average. Cause that's a lot of needle to go through skin without bleeding

i heard the longer you are bald the tighter your scalp gets, I assume it's because blood vessels are not flowing there after a while, blood flow is good means you are puncturing skin and cause wound, the whole point of dermarolling,

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How many of the ingredients from the full KSR regimen are you still using? It's a shame you didn't test removing each of those separately and allowing some time to pass to see if you could attribute any effect to specific ingredients. It's a LONG list.

Did you have any sexual side-effect from Finasteride, and how quickly did you recover that after stopping it?

All I'm using at this point from KSR is minoxidil and occasional nizoral and some of the vitamins. At the point I stopped I was working 12 hour days at work and was worn out. Something had to give and an hour of personal time dealing with KSR was it. I've been able to maintain a lot of the gains but not all. The hairline has gotten worse. I find hairloss to be like a challenge, it's one thing in my life that I've not been able to control and (totally) succeed at so I want more. I had great results but now I want the cure. If you look at my Cet thread I explain why I got off finasteride and I don't regret that decision at all. If you've been on finasteride for several years you have NO idea how bad you feel, once you stop it you will feel about 20 years younger, or at least I did. Cost was not a huge factor but I was spending around $300 a month on it at times and 2009 and 2010 was a tough economy.

I really think it was the synergy between all of it since you rarely see results like that from a slick bald scalp.

im taking 2000-4000mg of msm and vitamin c 3 times a day, and I started growing hair on this 1 spot on my sideburns that hasn't grown in since I was 16, now 26.

Everyone be careful starting MSM, it will cause terrible headaches if you jump to 2-4gm /day. You have to build up. I think MSM plays a key role as you say because my hair growth speeds up a lot when I'm on it.

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
im taking 2000-4000mg of msm and vitamin c 3 times a day, and I started growing hair on this 1 spot on my sideburns that hasn't grown in since I was 16, now 26. I don't use the dermaroller for that though, Also I believe I'm growing more eyebrow hairs, I am only taking those supplements. Msm is supposed to produces collagen and flexibility of tissue and makes cells stronger by removing waste and allowing more nutrients to be absorbed. Also makes hair diameter thicker and stronger, vitamin c enhances it's effectiveness, I use the vitamin c with bioflavins. This combined formula is known as the miracle supplement some even use for cancer cure.

Msm also reduces inflammation and removes toxins from your body so expect to **** a lot like 4 times a day, and drink plenty of whatever. You have to have your body and cells in orders to make this dermarolling very successful in my opinion.

where do you get it from? Its something like this?

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
Everyone be careful starting MSM, it will cause terrible headaches if you jump to 2-4gm /day. You have to build up. I think MSM plays a key role as you say because my hair growth speeds up a lot when I'm on it.

MSM definitely sped up my hair growth, of course you aren't growing new hair. I stopped taking it because my hair and finger nails were growing too fast, it was a pain having to get my hair cut so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.