New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

Reaction score
If you use a 1.5 m 192 pin roller, you can roll over your hair and it will not cut or pull it. Roll in the direction the hair is laying so, for example, if you have your hair combed back, then start in the front at the hairline and roll back from the hairline. Do Not Use a 540 pin roller. It will cut and pull your hair out. I have noticed only 1 cut hair with a 192 pin roller in 5 sessions. And I roll hard and have blood red hair when I'm done.
This. Do not use a 540 pin roller unless you are completely bald.

K

karankaran

I am just using a wait and see approach ... my issue is i still have hair left on my bald spot...if u see my wet pics in one of the threads , it is like you cannot derma rollwithout running into hair...unless i shave ...which i will do after 6 months....hopefully by then , we will have clear before/after pics here....

HairShocka

Reaction score
Any news on the shedding part? How much hair have people been shedding on areas where you're rolling but also thinning.

Also, thank you for the advice about not using the 540 pin.
I'm leaning towards getting a 1.5mm 192 pin roller and still researching the derma pen or stamp.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any news on the shedding part? How much hair have people been shedding on areas where you're rolling but also thinning.

I'm using a 192 pin roller as well. I shed a lot of hair in my front part and you can clearly see my scalp now. It really pisses me off but I guess it will come back, or I hope.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now that my bald spot has filled in quite a bit, I'm rolling on pretty much only hair about 1 inch long. I'm using a 1.5 mm 192 pin roller and I've had minimal if any shedding.

buddyebsen1

Reaction score
Question to veterans: I'm on my 10th week (+- 1 week) and the pain is almost unmanageable (using 1.5mm). I remember that the pain during past weeks was of course noticeable but nothing like in the last 3-4 sessions.

What kind of explanation would you give to this? Could it be that it hurts more due to the rupture of the tissue? What do you think?

And of course if you suggest something to make the pain a bit more manageable I'd appreciate it.

You may want to consider a 1.5 mm dermastamp. They sell them in small pen sized ones and larger onces of an inch or two square. I ordered the small one by mistake but I really like it. I use it almost like a machine, stamping quickly all over the scalp. Hurts a bit but each press is so quick that it is better than dermarolling. No hairs get caught either. I do several passes and do it until I have light bleeding all over and find it acceptable. I think it goes deeper than the roller too but it may be the same but since it is vertical I believe it is a cleaner cut.

RK85

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, the patent confirms what we have discussed before.. that the addition of B12 makes pyrimidine oxide derivatives like triaminodil, minoxidil, etc. act like hair growth stimulants on steroids :)

Also, adds castor oil as it has been shown to promote EP3 activation

For those using minoxidil, it is even better to mix b12 with your minoxidil, they have synergic additive effect:

If I understand this correctly the castrol oil and the vitamin B12 will give me results as good as minoxidil, but using both minoxidil and vitamin B12 may give me even better results?

Reminds me of a minoxidil study I was reading just a few days ago, where they found out why minoxidil works incredibly well for only about 30% of people having certain genes turned on:
So remember the other day when you where talking about fasting and inflammation, well it turns out that those specific minoxidil enhancing genes can be turned on through fasting ;)

Is this related to vitamn B12 and castrol oil too?

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
how to add b12 into minoxidil? getting some tablets and crush it into minoxidil ?or buy powder?

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
Question to veterans: I'm on my 10th week (+- 1 week) and the pain is almost unmanageable (using 1.5mm). I remember that the pain during past weeks was of course noticeable but nothing like in the last 3-4 sessions.

What kind of explanation would you give to this? Could it be that it hurts more due to the rupture of the tissue? What do you think?

And of course if you suggest something to make the pain a bit more manageable I'd appreciate it.

Do you roll every week?
If so, maybe your scalp needs additional time to recover.

I roll every 14th day.

RK85

My Regimen
Reaction score
FGF7 is already increased 160 times during wound healing, I don't see how adding more of it will make a difference... if it was FGF9 on the other hand :hmmm:...

If I will not use dermarolling, but only FGF7, then may it give me results as good as dermarolling?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a NW2 one temple 2.5 the other temple I think. My hairline getting receded and messed up and noticing the area behind the receded hairline is starting to thin too now. I always have red pimple like spots on my sides and are thinning as well. Everywhere else is very dense.

So here's my situation. The balded hairline area is easy to dermaroll since there's no hair.
What do I do about the area behind it that is thinning? Do I just dermaroll on top of the hair?
Same for sides. I keep just my sides fairly short but still has enough hair that will get in the way.

Someone mentioned using a DERMA STAMP. Anybody using a stamp can they share their experiences? Do you think this is a better option for someone like me with longer hair and not as balding yet?

Final question, is any body with decent coverage that rolls or stamps on over areas with hair still left, how much of the existing hair do you shed? From what I see on the thread, the people posting are generally have enough loss to the point where hair is cut short or buzzed completely. With the success you guys are having, I'm sure it's possible to get back to NW2 or even 1 maybe? But the next question is, how will you continue to roll once you reach good density and want to grow out your hair like when we were all teens. lol
Thanks.

I keep my hair longish, and roll the entire top of my head, crown to temples. Temples get more attention, that's where most of my loss has been.
Just wet your hair comb it flat in one direction and go to town. No tangles, no cut hair, no problem.
I did notice a slight increase in shedding around 4 weeks in. It lasted about a month, and then for the last several weeks shedding has been virtually nil.

Bombarie

Banned
Reaction score

Yes i just had my 11th session and now THE pain is making me sick!!!

HairShocka

Reaction score
Okay. So one guy sheds a log and another says no shedding where derma rolled....
Could just be because people react to the minoxidil differently, but how would you know. Do you two both use minoxidil?

I have a super important presentation in Dec. and would hate to have my scalp suddenly in the nude and surprising everyone. But I feel like I have to start sometime soon too. I started a new topic to discuss the quality and types of dermarollers, product experience, and seller recommendations.

Please pitch in if you can.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...ng-Derma-Stamp-Derm-Pen?p=1143161#post1143161

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
how to add b12 into minoxidil? getting some tablets and crush it into minoxidil ?or buy powder?

PrincessRambo might be able to explain. I'd like to know as well.

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
If I understand this correctly the castrol oil and the vitamin B12 will give me results as good as minoxidil, but using both minoxidil and vitamin B12 may give me even better results?

Is this related to vitamn B12 and castrol oil too?
I wouldn't even bother with castor oil. I've looked it up and not surprisingly no human studies. Even b12 is a stretch with just that one mouse study. If you're thinking about supplements to derma minoxidil, you should add nizoral and soy isoflavones which both have human studies demonstrating efficacy. In fact I just added soy to my regimen yesterday.
Even if something should THEORETICALLY work, I would be very suspicious if the data isn't there; and by data I mean well controlled human studies like our derma minoxidil one.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I believe he did explain it in this thread at some point.

He said to add some pills, two 1k mcg pills will be enough, but three to make sure, into a bottle of minoxidil, I assume the regular Kirkland one.

Also, good luck to everyone on this experiment, I will not be posting here more as I am aware I don't have Androgenetic Alopecia but something much worse. I lost almost all my hair now, so depressed.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
He said to add some pills, two 1k mcg pills will be enough, but three to make sure, into a bottle of minoxidil, I assume the regular Kirkland one.

Also, good luck to everyone on this experiment, I will not be posting here more as I am aware I don't have Androgenetic Alopecia but something much worse. I lost almost all my hair now, so depressed.

1k mcg? As in, 1000 mcg... or, 1mg?

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that D.O., have you been been properly diagnosed? Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.