New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still talking about temples? You sound like someone with a mature hairline thinking that he has male pattern baldness. I'm waiting to see a genuinely bald person benefit from dermarolling.

I'm not bitching, it's just that I see you talk on and on and on in this thread since the study has been released. But what tangible results to we have so far? I want to see someone with less hair in one picture and one picture where we can see regrowth 3 months after. Not microscopic pictures like this, what do they mean anyway?!

I've posted before and after photos in this thread. Here's a link to my story, which has before/after photos: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/71028-27-On-big-three

Now you could argue that it is the minoxidil alone that has caused the regrowth, which very well could be true. I just haven't seen people respond that well to minoxidil in four months. I've gone from having a prominent bald spot to having thin hair on my crown (people don't realize I'm balding anymore).

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
I've posted before and after photos in this thread. Here's a link to my story, which has before/after photos: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/71028-27-On-big-three

Now you could argue that it is the minoxidil alone that has caused the regrowth, which very well could be true. I just haven't seen people respond that well to minoxidil in four months. I've gone from having a prominent bald spot to having thin hair on my crown (people don't realize I'm balding anymore).

Wow badgene's, those are fantastic results! Especially in just 4 months. Congrats man!

Axel

Reaction score

Nice one... do you think dermarolling has increased your recovery? Do you roll each week til you get blood?

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here had results without going through a shed first?

I'm at week 8 (approximately), and I have not had any noticeable shedding.
This worries me... :ermm:

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course, if someone is starting minoxidil at the same time than dermarolling, we can't tell. I'm not bitching, I really thought we had something here but in the end, I don't see anything conclusive. I'm a bit disappointed, as I've been in the past by diet changes, supplements, MSM, manual methods, and many more solutions that a lot of people on different forums swore were working for them. In the end, those threads fell into oblivion and we've never seen any results at all.

I really hope that in a few months, we'll have a gallery of before/after pictures showing the success of many members. It just isn't likely to happen if we look at the past "experimental treatments".

I understand the skepticism, but I believe I as well as many on the forum have been getting good results from the treatment. So basically I started minoxidil in February after some severe thinning and wasn't really getting results from it until recently. I started dermarolling every 9 days with a 1.0mm roller at the beginning of August and continued to use minoxidil. In mid October I switched to a 1.5 as used in the study and have been using it since. However, about a month ago I started using Nizoral again and two weeks ago I began applying a liquid formula of b12 to my scalp every day. At the moment, I am a little over 12 weeks into the treatment and feel I am seeing results. However, this could be due to the topical b12 or Nizoral but I'm leaning towards dermarolling being the main factor for my success. Although this study provides a lot to offer in terms of data and photos, I imagine better results can be obtained; unfortunately its the only study of its kind but it got results. Anyways, here are some before and after photos from February till now. I will continue to post photos to gauge how well the treatment is working.

Pre-Treatment photos:
pic1 13-53-45.jpgpic2.jpg

Post-Treatment photos:
n1.jpgn2.jpg

jason5

Reaction score
Really promising, DEFO. Would you mind (when you have the time) to post a comparison pic of the top of your scalp with your current state vs initial state. I mean, like you have being doing previously, but comparing with your first dermarolling week. I think what we are witnessing is a major breakthrough in MBP reversal. This time for real.

Too much coincidences: the theory (that of wound-healing by Cots et Al) and the results (loads of community members reporting regrowth). I think that it makes sense to recover the lost hair in a similar way as we lost it: progressively, almost like when a baby sprouts his hair for the first time.

Certainly the next year is going to be extremely interesting...

All the best!

Here you go, and I like high resolution pictures, unlike all these tiny comparison pics I see around here :)

cbB11rQ.jpg

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
Here you go, and I like high resolution pictures, unlike all these tiny comparison pics I see around here :)

cbB11rQ.jpg

Although I don't appreciate the snarky comment about the quality of my pics, those are some good results! congrats

jason5

Reaction score
Although I don't appreciate the snarky comment about the quality of my pics, those are some good results! congrats

Sorry, it wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular. I just hope to see guys using higher resolution images.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone here had results without going through a shed first?

I'm at week 8 (approximately), and I have not had any noticeable shedding.
This worries me... :ermm:

I haven't had any shedding, at least not that I've noticed.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just came back from my hair stylists and she mentioned she noticed a LOT of vellus hair in my temples and asked what I've been doing. My answer: dermarolling/wounding.

Hair up top doesn't feel all that thin anymore. It's not OMG DENSE but nobody can tell I'm thinning. I'm hoping those damn vellus hairs in my temples and around my hairline turn TERMINAL. Usually takes a good few months if not longer for things to appear (hair grows slowly, shedding cycles, etc).

I feel good, am even starting to overlook the need for a hair transplant from Gho (but would LOVE to get one that delivers donor regeneration... come on Pilofocus + Acell!)

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But you feel you've had results/improvements?

Yes, I believe so. I just did my 8th rolling session tonight and my crown is filling in really well. Check my story (link in my signature) and you can see some pics.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
Jason, Badgenetics, cthulhu, thanks for your pics.

Eventually, if we manage to break down all fibrotic tissues on our scalp and also reduce hypoxia to zero, how will this affect Androgenetic Alopecia as a process itself? I mean if the consequences of Androgenetic Alopecia make the process itself more acute could that mean that after months of dermarolling, the biochemical process of Androgenetic Alopecia could be substantially reduced?

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Im a bit confused about all the Prostaglandin factors which may be involved.So PGD2 used to increase hair loss while PGE2 and PGF2a help for hair growth. By wounding the skin PGE should be released since it has mostly to do with inflammatory stuff...minoxidil used to increase PGE2 too. So im wondering if curcumin and other anti inflammatory stuff(cox 2- blocker) are just bad at all, because They block PGE ?

CaptainGiggles

Reaction score
Is a 1mm roller adequate to begin with?
I will begin rolling as soon as the roller arrives next week, but instead of minoxidil i plan to use virgin coconut oil. O will keep you all updated about my progress.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question to veterans: I'm on my 10th week (+- 1 week) and the pain is almost unmanageable (using 1.5mm). I remember that the pain during past weeks was of course noticeable but nothing like in the last 3-4 sessions.

What kind of explanation would you give to this? Could it be that it hurts more due to the rupture of the tissue? What do you think?

And of course if you suggest something to make the pain a bit more manageable I'd appreciate it.

HairShocka

Reaction score
I'm a NW2 one temple 2.5 the other temple I think. My hairline getting receded and messed up and noticing the area behind the receded hairline is starting to thin too now. I always have red pimple like spots on my sides and are thinning as well. Everywhere else is very dense.

So here's my situation. The balded hairline area is easy to dermaroll since there's no hair.
What do I do about the area behind it that is thinning? Do I just dermaroll on top of the hair?
Same for sides. I keep just my sides fairly short but still has enough hair that will get in the way.

Someone mentioned using a DERMA STAMP. Anybody using a stamp can they share their experiences? Do you think this is a better option for someone like me with longer hair and not as balding yet?

Final question, is any body with decent coverage that rolls or stamps on over areas with hair still left, how much of the existing hair do you shed? From what I see on the thread, the people posting are generally have enough loss to the point where hair is cut short or buzzed completely. With the success you guys are having, I'm sure it's possible to get back to NW2 or even 1 maybe? But the next question is, how will you continue to roll once you reach good density and want to grow out your hair like when we were all teens. lol
Thanks.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm a NW2 one temple 2.5 the other temple I think. My hairline getting receded and messed up and noticing the area behind the receded hairline is starting to thin too now. I always have red pimple like spots on my sides and are thinning as well. Everywhere else is very dense.

So here's my situation. The balded hairline area is easy to dermaroll since there's no hair.
What do I do about the area behind it that is thinning? Do I just dermaroll on top of the hair?
Same for sides. I keep just my sides fairly short but still has enough hair that will get in the way.

Someone mentioned using a DERMA STAMP. Anybody using a stamp can they share their experiences? Do you think this is a better option for someone like me with longer hair and not as balding yet?

Final question, is any body with decent coverage that rolls or stamps on over areas with hair still left, how much of the existing hair do you shed? From what I see on the thread, the people posting are generally have enough loss to the point where hair is cut short or buzzed completely. With the success you guys are having, I'm sure it's possible to get back to NW2 or even 1 maybe? But the next question is, how will you continue to roll once you reach good density and want to grow out your hair like when we were all teens. lol
Thanks.
plz answer this.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks.
plz answer this.

pinotq

Reaction score
If you use a 1.5 m 192 pin roller, you can roll over your hair and it will not cut or pull it. Roll in the direction the hair is laying so, for example, if you have your hair combed back, then start in the front at the hairline and roll back from the hairline. Do Not Use a 540 pin roller. It will cut and pull your hair out. I have noticed only 1 cut hair with a 192 pin roller in 5 sessions. And I roll hard and have blood red hair when I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.