New, Axe Pomade and styling paste, cause hairloss????

Sigz

Reaction score
I just bought a little container of this...

I'm very hesitant on using it, especially after reading Amazon reviews and then now here... I'm thinking of tossing it!

Reaction score
I had been ordering some pomades and styling products from www.luxurybarber.com

the customer service tells me which one to get and which ones are safe for me to get, and I double check of course. They have great selection. Plus I like to wet-shave. I'm freaking niche.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even if it causes hair loss, the hair is regrowable because it is not hair loss by genes. Just search for some natural remedies, black girls that have damaged their hair with overstyling do it too and it works for them.

Deadman64

Reaction score
Just found this thread. I can't believe it goes back to 2009 and this crap is still being sold.

I've been using this for about 2.5 months and I could have swore my hairline was receding in one part. Apparently I might be right after reading all of this.

Can anyone please provide an update on if your hair grows back once you discontinue use?

This really sucks, especially since the axe messy hair paste was exactly what I wanted from a hair style perspective.

Thanks

avalonia

Reaction score
Axe is horrible...

When my son was eleven his older brother game him one of those Axe gift boxes for Christmas. My son used the shampoo one night then went to bed. The next morning large chunks of his hair were on his pillow. A huge portion of his hair had fallen out overnight. We freaked and took him to the emergency room where they said it was due to an allergic reaction. The only thing new he had used was the Axe Shampoo.

Contacted the company and provided them with all the info...which bottle, the emergency room paperwork & bill... all we got was a packet of coupons for other Unilever products (which promptly went into the trash...now I check every item to see if it's a Unilever product so as not to buy it as I am totally disgusted with this company).

My son had to spend months growing his hair back out and getting picked on at school. Thanks Unilever.
163269_500843409398_2522181_n.jpg164762_500843359398_7144791_n.jpg

hmm

Established Member
Reaction score
This thread is a joke, most of the people posting complaints only have 1 or 2 posts, seems very fishy to me. I don't see how a promenade that doesn't even touch the scalp would make you loose hair. I think the people are already balding and the wax just holds the the hairs on the head longer so they notice them more when showering instead of falling out during the day. These people would loose hair not matter if they used the wax or not. male pattern baldness is a mf'er!

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that my hair started thinning within a year of using the axe messy-look paste to get a "bedhead" rocker hairstyle. All the loss has occurred on the top where I used it the most (hairline still intact) and didn't get much worse for 2 years untill I started liquid minoxidil 5% which gave me horrible scalp psoriasis after 2 months. My hair loss went into overdrive after that & both products contain propyplene glycol so it could either be an allergic reaction or just a coincidence, I can't say for sure. I was also very rough when applying and left it in for days in a row so maybe that didn't help much either.

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
"30+ strands came out" those numbers are really low, when you have real Androgenetic Alopecia you can count 60-100 hairs every signle time you wash just for drying