Need To Step Up My Regimen-guidance Please?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 104377
IMG_0535.jpg

Pic 1 (June 2018); Pic 2 (Nov 2018). Despite the different pic angles, I think you still might be able to appreciate the situation. Almost 5 months on finasteride and min, with no improvement. Each day is worse than the previous day. I can add any of the following to my finasteride/min regimen and hope to get some advice about what combination makes the most sense: RU, dutasteride, estradiol, and stemoxy (I know, likely worthless). The estrogen would be used topically, and yes, I know there is some systemic exposure; Let's just focus on hair.

So, what 'stack' can be recommended?

Attachments

• IMG_June2018.jpg
    IMG_June2018.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 327

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Decision has been made. From my research and from reading the stories from those with the most hardcore AA, estrogen cannot be overlooked as an important ingredient to successful regimens (especially those who don't respond to anti androgens). I'm adding Estrogel to my regimen starting today. Small amount will be applied topically to hairline and forelock area...probably EOD. I know what sides to look for. The way I understand it, gyno is cheaper to fix than a hair transplant. I'll give updates. Will continue with 1 mg finasteride and min.

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm halfway through my 8th month of finasteride, and my hair started thinning in the same way yours did. At first it was just slowly receding at the front and temples, but after finasteride, the pace practically trippled and I started diffusing all over the top of my head. Your second pic is nearly EXACTLY what I see in the mirror.

The next step you can take is to add dermarolling to your regimen. Just started this month and praying for some progress....

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm praying for progress too, but no such luck yet.
im on the fence about dermarolling. I just added estrogen (uggh) to my regimen so im going hold for a bit.
what's your long term plan with finasteride? 12 months?

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, 12 months and if I'm any more below baseline than I already am, I'm switching to dutasteride.

Derma rolling is cheap, has a low barrier of entry and doesn't eat up too much time. It's a little painful, but the research and anecdotal evidence look promising.

Please keep us up to date on your experience with estrogen! It looks like a very promising treatment.

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm praying for progress too, but no such luck yet.
im on the fence about dermarolling. I just added estrogen (uggh) to my regimen so im going hold for a bit.
what's your long term plan with finasteride? 12 months?
Got my gyno surgery lined up for the second of January. I credit that to my estradiol compound, or the progesterone, or the dutasteride, I’ve already had gyno but these made it a lot worse. I’m sure it was the estradiol. I was even on spironolactone, oral and topical. The estradiol is the culprit. Watch out for the signs... my surgery is 6132 out of pocket.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got my gyno surgery lined up for the second of January. I credit that to my estradiol compound, or the progesterone, or the dutasteride, I’ve already had gyno but these made it a lot worse. I’m sure it was the estradiol. I was even on spironolactone, oral and topical. The estradiol is the culprit. Watch out for the signs... my surgery is 6132 out of pocket.
Damn! I was hoping to avoid gyno but know it can happen with estrogen. I’ve always been happy to go shirtless and a big set of man boobs are going to ruin that. How many mg of estradiol did you use a day? I’m using 0.75 mg per day topically. Any other info would be really helpful. Also, how’s your hair???

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn! I was hoping to avoid gyno but know it can happen with estrogen. I’ve always been happy to go shirtless and a big set of man boobs are going to ruin that. How many mg of estradiol did you use a day? I’m using 0.75 mg per day topically. Any other info would be really helpful. Also, how’s your hair???
I had a .025 percent compound, it also had progesterone in it which could be the culprit too. I used 2ml’s a day for probably 4-5 months. I’ve stopped for a few months but the damage is done. As soon as those nips get itchy, no more.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a .025 percent compound, it also had progesterone in it which could be the culprit too. I used 2ml’s a day for probably 4-5 months. I’ve stopped for a few months but the damage is done. As soon as those nips get itchy, no more.
Thanks for that. I'm going to wait a full month before I post pics, but after 8-9 days of topical estradiol, I can finally say that the hair situation looks just ever so slightly better for the first time in 5 months. I'm not suggesting that I have any more hair (impossible), but there appears to be a thickening of existing hair and just the slightest enhancement of hair quality. I've also started RU dissolved in Neogenic so that could be helping as well.

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I'm going to wait a full month before I post pics, but after 8-9 days of topical estradiol, I can finally say that the hair situation looks just ever so slightly better for the first time in 5 months. I'm not suggesting that I have any more hair (impossible), but there appears to be a thickening of existing hair and just the slightest enhancement of hair quality. I've also started RU dissolved in Neogenic so that could be helping as well.
What percent are you using?

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually.1 is what I had
I think the .025 is the progesterone. I would like to continue this after the gyno surgery. Should have known that I’d get it being that I’ve already had it. The best of luck to you brother

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, so at 2 mL of a 0.1% solution, you were getting 2.0 mg of estradiol daily, so significantly more than my dose.
Any positive effects on hair?
For a bit, but I’ve done so much I don’t know what to pin it on. I mean dutasteride, finasteride, esrradiol, progesterone, prp injections, copper peptides, zix, 15% min and .01 finasteride liquid, so many steroids and supplements. Not to mention llr treatment and cast oral oil

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For a bit, but I’ve done so much I don’t know what to pin it on. I mean dutasteride, finasteride, esrradiol, progesterone, prp injections, copper peptides, zix, 15% min and .01 finasteride liquid, so many steroids and supplements. Not to mention llr treatment and cast oral oil
My next step is a pge2 step

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who are you getting RU through

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who are you getting RU through
I just got a years supply from Lou geng. It’s 242 but I need it. I got some from. Anagenic and puridy prod and one is bullshit bc it is soluble in alcohol and my dropper is clogged up

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, you're certainly dedicated to the fight, and I'm not far behind you man. Have a batch of CB en route at the moment and agonizing over whether or not I should add dutasteride to my program. I'm in this limbo position where I'd be okay if I could just maintain starting today...but much more loss and game over.

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, you're certainly dedicated to the fight, and I'm not far behind you man. Have a batch of CB en route at the moment and agonizing over whether or not I should add dutasteride to my program. I'm in this limbo position where I'd be okay if I could just maintain starting today...but much more loss and game over.
You’re a fighter like me, no one wants to throw in the towel, I’m 37 and I’ve been doing this since 17. How old are you?