Need Advice Buzz Or Not ?? 7 Words Bla

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, i need some advice. Im shedding like crazy for 2 years now. Lost loads of hair and my density is completely gone. Tried finasteride and it didnt really help. Neither had sides nor positive effects.

The shedding effects my whole life. Every time i see my hair flying around it drives me kind of crazy. It drives me even more crazy that there are no relatives under 40 who lost hair. Only my paternal grandpa who started balding in his late 30. Im in 27 btw

I really want to buzz my hair, but im kind of scared that it makes my balding and thin hair even more obvious.

what do you guys think ?

obviously i dont want offend people who have less hair than I do. We are all going through the same sh*t, the last thing I want is, make things worse for someone.

Attachments

• IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 1,286
  • IMG_1851.jpg
    IMG_1851.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 1,227
  • IMG_1868.jpg
    IMG_1868.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,212
  • IMG_1859.jpg
    IMG_1859.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,277

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh and does someone know what this is ?
Birthmark or something else ? Have maybe 4 or 5 of the dots al over my scalp.

Attachments

• IMG_1887.jpg
    IMG_1887.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 908
  • IMG_1828.jpg
    IMG_1828.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 821

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
water on your hair makes it look thinner, how does your hair look dry?

but it kind of does look like your crown is thinning.

how long where you on Finasteride before you quit?

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks better dry. Its still possible to see my crown, but not as much.

Im thinning everywhere on my scalp.

Stayed on finasteride for a couple of month, but quit due to the excessive shedding. After this my shedding decreased a little bit, but increased massive lately.

I think ill give finasteride another try, when i buzz my hair. But im still not sure, if im going to do it.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Post dry pics. My hair looks similar when wet but when I style it with a bit of toppik dry, it’s fine. I don’t think I’d buzz yet if I were you.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can see the crown thinning and im wearing kind of a comb.

Youre probably right with the styling and toppik, but this whole shedding and hairloss sh*t drives me crazy.
I wanted to buzz my hair for the last two years, but couldnt do it. Now im at the point where I just want to get over it, buzz my hair and try to focus on other stuff again. I wasted way to much time caring about hairloss. Yet im still scared buzz it.

Just met a really nice girl and i cant stop thinking, what she might think about the buzzed hair. What she thinks, if she sees my overall thinned head....and so on.
Dont want to sound like a whiney b*tch. Man but I hate this f**** hairloss.

Attachments

• IMG_1889.jpg
    IMG_1889.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,138

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried a thickening shampoo? I think it would work wonders if you combine it with hair dryer. Toppik also mentioned which will absolutely sort you out but you mightnt even need it yet.

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
Just my two cents, but I don't think you're anywhere near the point of needing to buzz it yet.
couldnt agree more......nowhere near buzzing your yet if you ever will....the other birthmark looks like a 666 which means you will be getting a visit from a priest to warn your adoptive parents who you really are.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can see the crown thinning and im wearing kind of a comb.

Youre probably right with the styling and toppik, but this whole shedding and hairloss sh*t drives me crazy.
I wanted to buzz my hair for the last two years, but couldnt do it. Now im at the point where I just want to get over it, buzz my hair and try to focus on other stuff again. I wasted way to much time caring about hairloss. Yet im still scared buzz it.

Just met a really nice girl and i cant stop thinking, what she might think about the buzzed hair. What she thinks, if she sees my overall thinned head....and so on.
Dont want to sound like a whiney b*tch. Man but I hate this f**** hairloss.
Is this wet or dry? If it’s dry toppik would help drastically and if you get in finasteride you can maintain for a while. Don’t buzz

Edit: if you can live the hair you have now, I’d one hundred percent got on finasteride. You’ll most likely keep it all

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its dry.

Thanks for all the answers, but the point of this thread is not if its time for me to shave. Its more if you think im able to pull the buzzed look off, or if my hair is to thin for that.
As I said, this constant shedding drives me crazy and i hope, it helps, when i dont see the hair falling out.

Just look at the amount of shedding from 1 minute brushing my hair. its insane!

Attachments

• 22D8AFF0-62B2-44F8-8E65-765D1BD77A33.JPG
    22D8AFF0-62B2-44F8-8E65-765D1BD77A33.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 684

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried a thickening shampoo? I think it would work wonders if you combine it with hair dryer. Toppik also mentioned which will absolutely sort you out but you mightnt even need it yet.
Yes i tried, but as long as the shedding goes on, it won't help. I might give finasteride another shot. But my mental stage isn't really good atm, thats why i have some concerns.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is just ridiculous. sorry for spamming.

Attachments

• IMG_1917-min.jpg
    IMG_1917-min.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 513

John_zor

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dayum, if I combine 15 days of sink hair it still would be less than this. Dunno really what would help.

Last edited:

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is from 3 days, not just one. I forgot to mention it. But that are onlythe hair, I collected in the bathroom.

following picture is from this morning.

everytime I touch my hair, their are falling off. If i do a pull test, I loose around 3-5 hair in one pull.

its getting worse day by day.

and all that with almost no male pattern baldness history in my family.

I guess, Im just screwed.

Attachments

• IMG_1918.jpg
    IMG_1918.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 411

John_zor

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Body is a remarkable thing, I know it's a loop of "don't stress about this because stress only makes things worse" but, looking at situation you are already stressing and you will continue to do so, and overthinking, stressing, constantly touching your hair, making yourself nervous and bad won't change things to better. If you don't have any MBP in your family, your hairline isn't changing drastically, you're only losing your hair. Try simple things, change your shampoo, cut it a bit shorter, stop touching it all the time, find something fun to do, play Witcher 3, get your mind into something and relax a bit. If it doesn't change to better, see dermatologist, look for professional help, because people here can only and only give you opinions and advises.
How is your health?

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the kind words!
Im loosing my hair for the last 2 1/2 years. Allmost all the time in this amount. My hairline and crown changed a little bit, but the overall density decreased a lot. obviously with this crazy shedding.
My paternal grandpa is balled. But he started to loose his hair in his late 30. None of his sons are balding.
I know im overthinking and i tried many thinks to stop, but if you getting confronted by this sh*t everyday, its really hard.
My physical health is fine. The mental health is another thing. Since the hairloss started i became depressed and kind of obsessed with it. I think depression is also in my genes and the hairloss just triggered it.
I already saw a couple of derms a year ago. But the country im from they really suck. Some said its not male pattern baldness and the hairloss will apparently go away. Others said it could be male pattern baldness but theres no need to do something. But here i am a year later loosing tons of hair.
Just sick of these sh*t derms.
Im really happy for any advise or opinion on this forum, because i have the feeling people can relate and understand.

John_zor

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I've noticed my hair density has changed in last 2 years, not for better. But I had stressful time of life then, broke a long relationship with girl, lost a place to live, everything changed, problems with work, lost a job, and stressing about it for a while I guess took a toll.

Now, few years after, I'm healthier, happier, I'm eating properly, having healthy habits, going out with friends, doing stuff and my mind is in a different place. So is my hair now, it's changing to better again, it's thicker, healthier, doesn't fallout as much as it did then. Some days only few hairs, today I've counter at least 20. But it doesn't bother me because I know it's mostly because I'm touching it to much.

My point is, you need to find balance in your mind and physical health. There is a natural cause of things, your hairline changing, getting older, wiser is a normal thing, and your body will prepare your for it, don't worry.

Try to find better dermatologist, make some blood tests, check for allergies, try to do all of that in private clinic.
Maybe by paying you will get some real results.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 weeks and ridiculous amount of shedding later (300-400 hair a day) this is what my hair looks. its just crazy.

Attachments

• IMG_2208.jpg
    IMG_2208.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 689
  • 1ec528e6-3e08-4585-a657-97dc4586a5e3.JPG
    1ec528e6-3e08-4585-a657-97dc4586a5e3.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 597

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's 2019, just get one of those 3dhair sprays to fill in the gaps.

Noone will notice. Just carry an umbrella in your bag.