Need Advice Buzz Or Not ?? 7 Words Bla

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Few month later and the hairloss progressed rapidly.
I ve started finasteride today.

Can someone rate my Norwood status ?

Attachments

• IMG_4492.PNG
    IMG_4492.PNG
    302.7 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_4493.PNG
    IMG_4493.PNG
    690.9 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_4488.PNG
    IMG_4488.PNG
    597.8 KB · Views: 458

Scaa

My Regimen
Reaction score
The funny thing is that you have been shedding for more then 6 months this 'ridiculous' amounts, but your hair still looks the same as in the beginning...

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see rapid progression if I compare it to the pics you posted in the summer. Not even near the point to buzz it.

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it just me or does this sound suspiciously similar to @bluecyclone

And dude you need to get a neck clean up, that sh*t looks awful! Why the he would you want a proto-mullet on the back of your neck?

Last edited:

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it just me or does this sound suspiciously similar to @bluecyclone

And dude you need to get a neck clean up, that sh*t looks awful! Why the he would you want a proto-mullet on the back of your neck?
that's not a mullet :D might look like it on the picture though. Will get a haircut tomorrow. I can post some new photos after the cut.

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's not a mullet :D might look like it on the picture though. Will get a haircut tomorrow. I can post some new photos after the cut.
All good man, it just distracting. Apparently the mullet is making a comeback if the fashion world is any indication of things to come. Just further confirmation that we live in the end times...

dupapls

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro, this is pretty wild. it's like i'm looking at a post i was going to make but never did.

i have the exact same type of hair loss (dupa) and the same red-brown circular spots/blemishes on my scalp (my mom has them too btw, along with dupa). hell, i even have the same kind of hair as you.

i've got a perfect nw1 hairline with diffuse loss across the entire scalp and have been slowly thinning for the last decade (i'm 31). i was on propecia for a year a long time ago but it seemed to be ineffective (although i had super long hair back then and might've been hard to tell). did a thyroid panel and it all came back normal besides lowish vitamin d. the guy a few posts back might be on to something in that this isn't classic androgenetic alopecia but rather some sort of chronic Telogen Effluvium and/or some weird fungal growth interfering with the normal hair cycle.

check it out:
https://i.imgur.com/8pJSUyt.jpg (may need to zoom in)

you can see the side of my scalp is in worse shape than the top with many miniaturized hairs. and the same spots as you in various parts of my scalp which seem rather fungal looking, but haven't yet been able to confirm what they are.

https://imgur.com/a/sl8QROQ

look at the sad state of my sides compared to the top, with some weird stripe pattern above the ear.

may or may not be related, but how are you managing stress? i tend to be anxious throughout the day for no apparent reason which might mean something's out of whack hormonally or whatever. i've been like that since around the end of puberty, which was right around the time i noticed hair loss. in any case, we need to work together and get to the bottom of this because there's something weird going on and you're the first person ever in my years of searching that has all the same symptoms.

Attachments

• hurrr.jpg
    hurrr.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 307
  • hurr.jpg
    hurr.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Losing more and more ground. Im in month 5 using finasteride. The shedding still increases. Can easily pull out every hair. I will soon move to a new city. Might shave it all off then.
Really hard to handle the heavy shedding day by day.
Saw my brother again after a long time. We look very similar, he doesnt have hair loss at all. Same for my dad. I really don't get it.

Attachments

• IMG_5705.jpg
    IMG_5705.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 313

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding =/= hair loss. finasteride wont make u stop shedding. Non-balding people still shed hair wtf
so you're trying to tell me that hairloss and shedding are unrelated ?

Of course non balding people are shedding hair too, but not the amount of hair some people shed with aggressive male pattern baldness.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

Of course non balding people are shedding hair too, but not the amount of hair some people shed with aggressive male pattern baldness.

Abnormal amounts of shedding are not a good sign, but shedding is normal, women shed a ton of hair yet still keep their hair(usually) as long as it's not impacting your density it is fine. When i was taking letrozole i shed an abnormal amount of hair and it wrecked my crown so you can usually tell the difference.

Last edited:

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You can shed all your hair and they'll still regrow the same they were before if you dont have miniaturizing. Granted, having a lot of hairs shedding means more hair are not present at the scalp leading to some thinning. However, if you dont have Androgenetic Alopecia, you can fully recover the thinned areas.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
literally 2 min of touching my head. Just insane.

Attachments

• IMG_5810.jpg
    IMG_5810.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 223

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
buzzed it. game over. finasteride does nothing but increase shedding

Attachments

• uff.png
    uff.png
    199.5 KB · Views: 343

Hairanoia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dang, sorry man. Weird because your hairline looks fine too. Out of curiosity, what was the longest period of time you were consistently on finasteride?

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im on finasteride for 8 month without missing a day. imo it made everything worse. shedding 200 hair a day.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
im on finasteride for 8 month without missing a day. imo it made everything worse. shedding 200 hair a day.
I’d sprinkle some toppik on there and it should look fine. Can you post pictures in different lightings?

I’m also diffuse thinning with the long rats nest look when my hair gets wet or greasy. I’m curious what it’d look like if I buzz too. It seems like you’re taking the pic in harsh light which will make it look worse.

Has anyone mentioned your thinning? Do you regret buzzing it?

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sides are 12 mm, on top 21 mm. Its not completely buzzed. Only have the picture of this length. You can find pictures of myself with longer hair on previous pages.
I took the picture with my phone and flash on, so it might be a bit worse than in daylight.
I buzzed my hair 3 days ago. Nobody mentioned anything yet, but just a couple of people have seen it.
I couldn't handle the shedding anymore, that's why cut it short. im still shedding the same amount if i touch my head but it seems slightly less because of the length.
don't know if i can recommend buzzing, its like facing reality a bit, because its harder to hide that you're diffusing