Natural Dht Blocker's Waste Of Money Or?

slimeballbob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are they a complete waste of money or do they have some benefit, looking for something to add to my regime which currently consist of finasteride 1mg daily and a ton of vitamins biotin and so on. ive seen some promising things about saw palmetto and possibly green tea exstract but the infomation is very scarce, so any other natural dht blockers that i could add?

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could add a natural source of gamma linolenic acid, it is a quite strong anti-inflammatory and a strong dht blocker while increasing libido and sperm count

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is a sign of better utilisation of your testosterone and a protective effect on your reproductive organs

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But isn't an increase in libido and sperm count actually a sign of DHT increase?
not necessarily.
dht inhibition pushes T (and later estrogens...depending on your aromatase enzyme) so you may experience a better libido at the beginning
the percentage increase of T depends on your genetics

but in the long run libido is all about balance

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are already using typ 2 reductase inhibitor(finasteride) so maybe something like GLA which is a think type 1 reductase inhibitot might be ok and its inhibitory effects on 5 reductase is pretty well confirmed although did anyone have improvment with it?

You could add a natural source of gamma linolenic acid, it is a quite strong anti-inflammatory and a strong dht blocker while increasing libido and sperm count

Do you have a study for increasing libido and sperm count? PGE1 is actually very good for erectile dysfunction so GLA might also increase erection quality but I dont find a study for that.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would add zix. I see no harm could be done by it, cheap and it works to some degree. You already have a good enough routine so it may be smart to add something with very little hassle

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're using this?

Attempting to. I've diluted it 5:1 with some more glycerin and PG, will see how I get by and if it does anything. It sounds good on paper anyway, as do many things, but it wasn't that expensive so whatever.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not necessarily.
dht inhibition pushes T (and later estrogens...depending on your aromatase enzyme) so you may experience a better libido at the beginning
the percentage increase of T depends on your genetics

but in the long run libido is all about balance
Is that why those bald men have woman like features and bodies? because DHT actually has overtaken T in their system?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that why those bald men have woman like features and bodies? because DHT actually has overtaken T in their system?

No, DHT is more androgenic than T. However, spike in testosterone will very likely result with an increasement of libido

Last edited:

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, DHT is more androgenic than T. However, spike in testosterone will very likely result on an increasement of libido
does increase in T actually cause more DHT in body?
And also why there is drop in libido when on finasteride?

Confused a bit here.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are they a complete waste of money or do they have some benefit, looking for something to add to my regime which currently consist of finasteride 1mg daily and a ton of vitamins biotin and so on. ive seen some promising things about saw palmetto and possibly green tea exstract but the infomation is very scarce, so any other natural dht blockers that i could add?

U could try this for a start

GLA
MSM
ALA, LA and OA based supplements
Saw Palmetto standardized to 89-90% fatty acid

however u will take at least 3 months to around 8 months to see any improvement.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't go on oral blockers as finasteride is more than enough for most. Just get on zix, caffeine, cetirizine, minoxidil and the list goes on. Basically Topical stuff

Amata

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using Saw palmetto (85% 320mg) with Beta-sitosterol (180mg) along with Astaxanthin (7-14mg). it has reduced hairloss for sure though not at the level of finasteride, though I've just been taking them for 7 months so far. Haven't tried GLA so will try adding that.