My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Decided to drop Zix , just using minoxidil with microneedling. Feels like my libido has increased slightly...

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Decided to drop Zix , just using minoxidil with microneedling. Feels like my libido has increased slightly...
Why did you drop it? I had decreased libido once on zix but that was after using a derma pen. I get dick sides from minoxidil tho. True story.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's barely a week later, but I do think things are filling in more on my hairline. it just seems to be bringing me back several years. Im hoping for my early thirties hairline at this rate. The density behind my hairline feels like it did in my early thirties, so with a few more months I hope I'll have the matching hairline to celebrate. Will keep you all posted.

It may just be in my head, but it's like im seeing a number of hairs in the form on black dots are begging to burst out and fill in my hairline. a month back I was wondering if it was just too late for my hairline. More and more with every day that passes Im starting to get more optimistic I may regain the better part of a 1 cm back on my hairline. Everything is much thicker. At my age time cant go slow enough, but at the same time, Im excited to see where Im at in a month to a month and a half.

I really hesitated to start minoxidil on top of Zix (contraindicated by Joe), and then add microneedling, but it seems to have been the best decision Ive made. I really think Zix is a must to prevent DHT in scalp and maintain the gains from needled minoxidil.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I’m gonna get back on zix. My hair went to sh*t over the last year.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did you drop it? I had decreased libido once on zix but that was after using a derma pen. I get dick sides from minoxidil tho. True story.

Still shedding quite a lot. I noticed my crown thin quick asf after I dropped minoxidil

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello
Update
Hair is stable

I did notice something interesting recently, where after dropping zix for a few days my shedding following a pull test increased to 20 hairs - I was feeling lazy so mix up another batch

after adding it back in , it’s decreased to 4 using the same test

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm, what kind of minoxidil are you using?

Just regular Kirkland brand. Btw I think b6 is a must I tried zinc alone and stsrted losing ground. Zinc alone is however light years better than nothing.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello
Update
Hair is stable

I did notice something interesting recently, where after dropping zix for a few days my shedding following a pull test increased to 20 hairs - I was feeling lazy so mix up another batch

after adding it back in , it’s decreased to 4 using the same test
Yup. You may wonder how much it helps but it does. I find after 3-4 weeks of a batch it starts to lose its effectiveness and I start to shed. More recently I'm trying to mix a new batch every 3 weeks.

guy12345_

Reaction score
Who live in Europe and can send me some Pluspharma zinc?
I will pay as much as it costed.
I can order from Us but it takes a lot of time, If there is possibility to have this faster it will good option.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks haha, but not sure why this thread is now dead, wasn't Zix super successful? I'm on page 40 reading it all now.

Just nervous about Zinc going systematic, read a few people getting sides, if I do 2ml a day, what is that in mg per day. I put 3 capsules in.
What kind of sides could you have using Zinc?

As I understand, taking zinc pills daily you will increase your testosterone and DHT levels

HairForceOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Do we have even one before/after pics for Zix? Not want to sound negative but we all know it`s always pics or gtfo what comes to any hair loss treatment.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we have even one before/after pics for Zix? Not want to sound negative but we all know it`s always pics or gtfo what comes to any hair loss treatment.
Let's be realistic Zix doesn't work many guys used myself included if you have male pattern baldness you will need a solid treatment

If you can't use finasteride like myself
I high recommend you to use ketoconazole lotion(cream or liquid) leave on every night because works very well against inflammation and itch from androgenic affects

Elvisandreaa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's be realistic Zix doesn't work many guys used myself included if you have male pattern baldness you will need a solid treatment

If you can't use finasteride like myself
I high recommend you to use ketoconazole lotion(cream or liquid) leave on every night because works very well against inflammation and itch from androgenic affects
Does the Keto cream go systemic?

jambap

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, I stumbled across this thread after googling "Zix". I'm not sure if you remember me but I was one of the regular posters on HLH back in its heyday (2000-2005). I had stopped posting there by the time it turned into the alleged shitshow everyone is saying it became. I was very happy to see your thread here, that although began in 2016, you still seem to be actively contributing to. Nothing earns respect like success, and as someone I remember posting back in the early 2000's I have every confidence in your claims that Zix has helped you keep your hair over the past 15 odd years.

As for me, well I'm 46 now. I started posting on HLH was I was around 25. I'm happy to say that I too have experienced a lot of success with my regimen. I've used many things over the years but I would put my best hair growth times to when I was using Zix and Ozbew (minoxidil + DMSO, which I'm sure you already knew). I stopped using Zix about 7 years ago but I'm ready to go back. So I'm glad to see you here still singing its praises. The only thing I have done besides my regimen is to get a hair transplant 7 months ago. This was only to my hairline since that had gradually receded to a NW2, and was looking set to die a complete death sometime over the coming couple of years. I'm still patiently waiting for the full results of my hair transplant to be realised but, while not being as impressive as many I've seen, it's still an improvement on what my hair was before, especially as even in my young days, my hairline was an ugly cowlick that was very hard to style. Now it grows straight out and doesn't need heavy styling to look smart.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and thank you for your really useful post here. I'm looking forward to starting up Zix again. I'm hoping to use it to maintain my crown and, well pretty much everywhere else besides my recently transplanted hairline ;-)

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi worm, I stumbled across this thread after googling "Zix". I'm not sure if you remember me but I was one of the regular posters on HLH back in its heyday (2000-2005). I had stopped posting there by the time it turned into the alleged shitshow everyone is saying it became. I was very happy to see your thread here, that although began in 2016, you still seem to be actively contributing to. Nothing earns respect like success, and as someone I remember posting back in the early 2000's I have every confidence in your claims that Zix has helped you keep your hair over the past 15 odd years.

As for me, well I'm 46 now. I started posting on HLH was I was around 25. I'm happy to say that I too have experienced a lot of success with my regimen. I've used many things over the years but I would put my best hair growth times to when I was using Zix and Ozbew (minoxidil + DMSO, which I'm sure you already knew). I stopped using Zix about 7 years ago but I'm ready to go back. So I'm glad to see you here still singing its praises. The only thing I have done besides my regimen is to get a hair transplant 7 months ago. This was only to my hairline since that had gradually receded to a NW2, and was looking set to die a complete death sometime over the coming couple of years. I'm still patiently waiting for the full results of my hair transplant to be realised but, while not being as impressive as many I've seen, it's still an improvement on what my hair was before, especially as even in my young days, my hairline was an ugly cowlick that was very hard to style. Now it grows straight out and doesn't need heavy styling to look smart.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and thank you for your really useful post here. I'm looking forward to starting up Zix again. I'm hoping to use it to maintain my crown and, well pretty much everywhere else besides my recently transplanted hairline ;-)
I remember you, jambap! Blast from the past! What are you currently using these days?

jambap

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey JWM I remember you too! I really loved those early days of the hairlosshelp forum. There were some great guys there like troymaclure, zimmy, tommyboy, uglyman4life, sideshowbob, and remember rammer with the parrot avatar? That guy was always freaking out over his hairloss and totally disregarded what everyone told him when they tried to calm him down. I hope he's ok because he seemed a bit unhinged. Back in the early 2000's I didn't have the internet at home so I spent most of my day at work (in an office) sneakily posting on the forum. I was in my mid-20's and my hairloss was really getting me down at that time and that forum was a lifesaver for me, not only as an emotional support but the sharing of information and experiences. I attribute my successfully holding on to my hair for the past 20 years primarily to the knowledge shared in that forum. Too bad it eventually went downhill.

As for me well, l've changed up my regimen quite a bit over the years but I've always stuck to minoxidil (as Ozbrew) since for me, that was what made the biggest difference.

Right now my regimen quite simply is:

minoxidil 1-2 a day
Dermarolling every 1-2 weeks (1.5mm dermaroller)

I started dermarolling in May 2020 and I noticed an immediate difference. For me it's a gamechanger and, like minoxidil, is undroppable. I saw a response immediately. From the first time I started rolling I noticed my hair was stood up stronger, like on a good hair day. The biggest difference was on my crown and within a couple of months the thinning had been reversed. I had always held onto my crown hair, but it goes through phases of getting thinner and thicker. But with dermarolling it got and stayed thicker. The hairline also responded ok with some new vellus hair, but I don't think it was every going to regrow what was lost. I think it did however strengthen the existing hair.

Like I said, earlier this year I got a 1,600 graft hair transplant on my hairline. I'm at month 7 and while not thrilled with the results so far, at least it's not a botched job. I didn't do my due diligence in picking the right surgeon and think there were much better ones out there, but I did it in a bit of a hurry (thinking more lockdowns and travel bans were imminent) so I went with the most practical one for my circumstances.

So I'm looking to start Zix again because I did have success with it; I guess, so much so that I stopped using it. But combatting hairloss is an eternal game of tug-of-war and so I'm returning to it because I'm confident it will help. I just made up my first batch yesterday and started using it, so I'm hoping I will strengthen my gains.

Here are a couple of pics. The first is from before my hair transplant. The second is from last month, 7 months after my hair transplant. Considering I started battle hairloss 22 years ago, you can imagine how satisfied I am that I've made it this far with a relatively decent head of hair (and with an older brother that is complete horseshoe)

Attachments

• hairline 2019.png
    hairline 2019.png
    419.4 KB · Views: 196
  • hairline 2022.jpg
    hairline 2022.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 184

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
I read this post months ago and started to use Zix, it's been about 3 months of use and I've had terrible shedding. I think this is the only treatment that's ever made me shed. There are probably 20 hairs in the sink everytime I apply it. I haven't ever seen shedding like this and I've tried everything (currently on finasteride) and been fighting hair loss for about 30 years. Overall my hair is thinner than it's ever been after starting Zix. Just wondering if this is normal and I should keep going or should I stop?