My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Finasteridegyno

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am actually gonna give Zix a try again. I remember it gave me sides so I didn't use it long enough, think I might have used too much, but I am going to try it again and this time use a little less on my scalp. Max 1 ml.

Also thinking of adding azelaic acid and saw palmettto extract to the zix mix. That should be good right?

I mean then you have b6 + zinc + azelaic acid + saw palmetto. It just has to do something good you'd expect.

Man my regimen will be stacked. Currently:

Minoxidil 2 x day (rogaine + lipogaine)
Revivogen 1 x a day (this is my dht blocker I suppose)
Light Needling for absorption every day
Needling for wounding at 1 mm depth every 2 weeks
Keto shampoo every other day

I will add stemoxydine 1 x day + low light laser every other week, 1 week after needling for wound, laser for 7 days straight. If you look at the reviews on amazon you see some users posted images with improvement. I dont know how legit these are, but there are studies too so who knows. I am gonna try it.

Just not sure how I'm going to add stemoxydine and zix to the mix heh. Maybe apply them 4 hours apart.
Does revivogen can give u sides ?

Finasteridegyno

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Finasteridegyno did you last get gyno from the finasteride. What boggles me is that they said only 0.1 % gets gyno from it. But the hole internet is complaining about sides itchy nipples puffy nipples and so on.
On the Italian forum there are few people with gyno from finasteride, me one of these.
Merck said it was 0.4-1%, I think.

vandun3

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using Zix for about 6 months twice a day, maybe longer not sure when I started. same brands as worm posted. ~10 mL everclear and the rest distilled water. 2x 220 mg zinc and 1x b5 per bottle

So far, no real effect on hair. Still shedding at the same rate, although my scalp isn't as oily and doesn't get itchy anymore. I've been putting too much on.. probably 4 mL per application. I'm gonna bring that down to 1 or 2 mL and apply it the way others have in this thread, by parting the hair in thinning areas.

With these changes I'll keep on for another 4 months or so, but if my hair keeps shedding I'm going to move on. I'll update then

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using Zix for about 6 months twice a day, maybe longer not sure when I started. same brands as worm posted. ~10 mL everclear and the rest distilled water. 2x 220 mg zinc and 1x b5 per bottle

So far, no real effect on hair. Still shedding at the same rate, although my scalp isn't as oily and doesn't get itchy anymore. I've been putting too much on.. probably 4 mL per application. I'm gonna bring that down to 1 or 2 mL and apply it the way others have in this thread, by parting the hair in thinning areas.

With these changes I'll keep on for another 4 months or so, but if my hair keeps shedding I'm going to move on. I'll update then
You are using just 1 pill B6 you need at least 3 pills?

Imo I believe zix works with better efficacy in a combo like zix+dermaroller, zix+minoxidil than zix alone

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can try adding arginine to your zix, check the recent most study from a page or two back.
There is a lot of things more interesting than arginine, like taurine, l carnitine l tartrate, melatonin and caffeine

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, those things are not interesting and have been tried many times already.

Arginine in combination with zinc is something new I've not seen anywhere being done. And the study looks promising.

Yeah i saw this study

There are a lot of guys getting instant results with topical melatonin. Melatonin is a strong cox2 inhibitor. Will try it very soon with a lot of other things. Maybe i will add arginine too

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any studies about melatonin and hairloss?

I did some research on melatonin, it inhibits Cox-2 without affecting Cox-1. Imo reducing cox2 without touching Cox-1 is the key.

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Arginine in combination with zinc is something new I've not seen anywhere being done. And the study looks promising.

What is your arginine dosage? The study does not mention it.

HairForceOne

Established Member
Reaction score
I know, wish we could read the full study.

Trial and error now with how many arginine to use. I put in 2000mg of L arginine in my 60ml zix bottle.

I put +1g of L-Arginine in Zix. After a few days of use, I can tell Zix with L-arginine feels noticeable more soothing on scalp. Way too early to say if it helps with hair loss but it makes scalp feel better at least.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, wish we could read the full study.

Trial and error now with how many arginine to use. I put in 2000mg of L arginine in my 60ml zix bottle.
Pigeon do we need a chemistry minded person to tell us the consequences of adding argenine to the two ingredients in zix? Could they be unstable after a period? I mix zix with distilled water only.

re melatonin, I purchased some topical spray for this a while back but it was expensive compared to tablets and went fast as coverage was difficult… what are people doing for this I’m curious? I can’t remember if it’s soluble I’m water or if it would be stable for any duration after mixing. I’ll look up just wondering out loud

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you microneedle on the days you apply zix?
I stopped using dermaroller

Now I do this combo first I put Zix 2ml topical and wait to dry afterwards 30 minutes to 1 hour I put Minoxidil 1ml and again I wait to dry and put Ketoconazole topical 1ml and 30 minutes afterwards I massage my scalp 5-10 minutes.

Louiewud

My Regimen
Reaction score
Arginine is a non-essential amino acid and can be produced by the human body on its own, it is not enough to synthesize it by the body when it is stressed or sick. The human body’s daily arginine requirement is 117 mg/kg, which is 7.02 g per day based on a weight of 60 kg. However, according to research findings, the average person’s diet can only consume 5.4 g of arginine per day. Amino acid is not enough for the daily requirement. Therefore, it is necessary to consume foods rich in arginine or health products. Foods rich in arginine include beef, eel, catfish, loach, sea cucumber, cuttlefish, octopus, etc.

vandun3

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are using just 1 pill B6 you need at least 3 pills?

Imo I believe zix works with better efficacy in a combo like zix+dermaroller, zix+minoxidil than zix alone
Oh crap, you guys are right. Can't believe I missed that lol. Well, time to give it another shot

I have been dermaneedling with the derminator 2, not sure if it is doing much alone as I continue to shed

Last edited:

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Is this the first in-vivo study of something similar to Zix?