My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want give a advice from a mistake I made with my first zix batch

I noticed after the first week my zix lose the efficacy the yellow líquid started turn to transparent and white and my scalp start to inflammed and itch again

So I made a new one batch 2 days ago and store it in the fridge and this new batch looks more solid and "live" than the previously one

I really recommend to keep the zix cool in the fridge is very IMPORTANT!

Last edited:

balding101202

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick questions about zinc part of the concoction. If you take a look at label warning of zinc sulfate heptahydrate, there are two things that may be concerning:
1) zinc sulfate heptahydrate is toxic for water organisms, even in low concentrations (below 1mg/l I think) - should we be worried that the residue after the morning shower may somehow pollute the water? If you use 3x220mg for 30 applications, that would translate into 22mg per day. I am not sure how much rests on your skin after half a day. Or is it nonsense worry?
2) zinc sulfate heptahydrate is strong eye irritant - sometimes I sweat a lot over the course of night - wouldn't some residue get into my eyes? May it cause some harm?

I am really considering adding it to my current regiment, just these 2 things make me hesitant.

Any reply highly appreciated. Thanks!

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick questions about zinc part of the concoction. If you take a look at label warning of zinc sulfate heptahydrate, there are two things that may be concerning:
1) zinc sulfate heptahydrate is toxic for water organisms, even in low concentrations (below 1mg/l I think) - should we be worried that the residue after the morning shower may somehow pollute the water? If you use 3x220mg for 30 applications, that would translate into 22mg per day. I am not sure how much rests on your skin after half a day. Or is it nonsense worry?
2) zinc sulfate heptahydrate is strong eye irritant - sometimes I sweat a lot over the course of night - wouldn't some residue get into my eyes? May it cause some harm?

I am really considering adding it to my current regiment, just these 2 things make me hesitant.

Any reply highly appreciated. Thanks!
Pretty much everything we flush down the drain is toxic to aquatic life, including soap, pharmaceuticals, glitter, etc. but that water should be treated so shouldn’t be a worry, technically. I wouldn’t worry about the eyes either IMO.

jd_uk

Reaction score
OK so I feel stupid asking this because I probably already know the answer, but has anyone ever got blood tests before and after zix to see if caused systemic hormonal changes (given that it's a mild DHT blocker)?

The other thing is, can zix thicken hair at all or help with any regrowth, or is it only strong enough to maintain or slow loss?

jd_uk

Reaction score
I can’t really feel like mine has.. also not sure if it’s improving my hair either.. maybe I need the 1%
What % do you take and how long have you used it for?

Kinda hoping someone has done blood testing to check because going by perceived sides seems to be just a guessing game to me.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am actually gonna give Zix a try again. I remember it gave me sides so I didn't use it long enough, think I might have used too much, but I am going to try it again and this time use a little less on my scalp. Max 1 ml.

Also thinking of adding azelaic acid and saw palmettto extract to the zix mix. That should be good right?

I mean then you have b6 + zinc + azelaic acid + saw palmetto. It just has to do something good you'd expect.

Man my regimen will be stacked. Currently:

Minoxidil 2 x day (rogaine + lipogaine)
Revivogen 1 x a day (this is my dht blocker I suppose)
Light Needling for absorption every day
Needling for wounding at 1 mm depth every 2 weeks
Keto shampoo every other day

I will add stemoxydine 1 x day + low light laser every other week, 1 week after needling for wound, laser for 7 days straight. If you look at the reviews on amazon you see some users posted images with improvement. I dont know how legit these are, but there are studies too so who knows. I am gonna try it.

Just not sure how I'm going to add stemoxydine and zix to the mix heh. Maybe apply them 4 hours apart.

Last edited:

nachbarqp

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am a bit confused i did my first zix application and used about 7 ml to cover my scalp somewhat. Iam not satiesfied it felt like i needed another 7. how can you guys only aplly 1 ml arent 20 drops 1 ml? How it that enough. And should i apply to dry hair or wet, which is easier? I have really long and thick hair the droper barely touches my skin it feels.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am a bit confused i did my first zix application and used about 7 ml to cover my scalp somewhat. Iam not satiesfied it felt like i needed another 7. how can you guys only aplly 1 ml arent 20 drops 1 ml? How it that enough. And should i apply to dry hair or wet, which is easier? I have really long and thick hair the droper barely touches my skin it feels.

You are supposed to spread the drops all over your thinning areas, not whole scalp. Part your hair with a comb and rub with your fingers

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
What % do you take and how long have you used it for?

Kinda hoping someone has done blood testing to check because going by perceived sides seems to be just a guessing game to me.
0.5% on my 2nd bottle. I know what sides I get from oral AA.

nachbarqp

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are supposed to spread the drops all over your thinning areas, not whole scalp. Part your hair with a comb and rub with your fingers
Thx! I use on my whole scalp cause i have severe dandruff and sebum build up, thats why i have a lot more unnecassary inlammation. Iam using zix as an anti inflammatory mainly. Is it the wrong approuch?