My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then you should also steer away from topical duta since that will give a much higher chance of real side effects compared to zix.
Everything has a benefit/risk ratio. Dutasteride is well researched and proven to stop hair loss while most types of zinc only inhibit 5AR1 which doesn't play a role in hair loss. I have used it long enough and zix isn't worth it for me at this point. On the other hand I have gained a norwood on topical dutasteride with absolute zero issues. Wish I knew about it before

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, then I'll steer away from zix. Which treatment gave you the best efficacy to side effect ratio?

Bahh... Honestly I never found anything with a GOOD efficacy to side effect ratio or else I'd still be using it... but if I had to say...

Topical glutathione at 2% completely stopped my hair loss and gave some improvement and the 'only' thing it caused was ball ache that wasn't so bad since I managed to live with it for over a month until I got fed up.

So yeah, antioxidants I guess. I don't do well with anything hormonal and generally give up by the 1-week mark since the side effects usually render me non-functional on a daily basis.

Still searching for that 'magic something' although since I'm now very close to NW3 I guess I don't have much time left...

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bahh... Honestly I never found anything with a GOOD efficacy to side effect ratio or else I'd still be using it... but if I had to say...

Topical glutathione at 2% completely stopped my hair loss and gave some improvement and the 'only' thing it caused was ball ache that wasn't so bad since I managed to live with it for over a month until I got fed up.

So yeah, antioxidants I guess. I don't do well with anything hormonal and generally give up by the 1-week mark since the side effects usually render me non-functional on a daily basis.

Still searching for that 'magic something' although since I'm now very close to NW3 I guess I don't have much time left...
Some dude was claiming glutathione with oral boron cured hair loss, probably not that far but may have merit to it. Talked about dkk-1 and brain ros being the cause of it

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would Zix also be effective for Alopecia Areata?

Next to androgenic alopecia I also suffer from Alopecia Areata, meaning I have inflamed, red, sore spots at my neck and sides, continued by hair loss at these spots in a circular pattern.

Since Zix generally helps with inflammation I wondered if it might be able to help with this kind of hair loss.

I will definitely test it, am already applying Zix in the respective areas (nothing else works for Alopecia areata anyway...).

I would guess yes, as I had red inflammed scalp, which I thought more than anything was a cause of my hairloss. I then learned that male pattern baldness can induce this inflammation. Probably why finasteride, while I had pretty nasty sides for the time I used it (7 years) worked quite effectively until I stopped at which point the itch returned. Either way, once the inflammation subsided, my hair quickly stopped shedding.

Tytygcac

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a long thread:oops: but I'm excited to use this, it sounds affordable, relatively safe,

I'm too worried about the possible side effects from finasteride to take it so think I should try this(or fluridil) + dermarolling. Need to do more research here

jd_uk

Reaction score
We don't know for sure if 5ar1 has no influence (one study suggests it does) and zix also inhibits around 20% of 5ar2 plus other factors like zinc being deficient in balding scalps,...

But I'm glad topical duta works for you and it's obvious you don't need zix if you're already using something like topical duta. Zix is for maintenance only.
Hi, just hearing about zix for the first time nd pretty confused by this huge thread..can you clarify what the possibly side effects of it likely are? Does it go systemic and limit DHT by 20%? Or do you mean it just causes those changes in the scalp? Thanks

feelsbad

Reaction score
Shaking zix is important because most of the stuff doesn't dissolve, right?
I think that's just the excipients. Zinc sulfate should be water soluble unless you put so much in that it has exceeded the saturation point (in which case shaking won't make more dissolve anyway)

Templah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that's just the excipients. Zinc sulfate should be water soluble unless you put so much in that it has exceeded the saturation point (in which case shaking won't make more dissolve anyway)
Weird how Joe says it's a suspension.
I don't know sh*t about chemistry. The solubility of heptahydrate is 1g/100ml, so does that mean only 500mg of the 660mg dissolve in 50ml?
Is there even room for the p5p to dissolve after that?

Last edited:

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I understand that minoxidil does not mix well with Zix. I started Zix a little while ago and I leave 4 hours in between (the minoxidil before) is that enough or can zix wipe out all my 7 year work of minoxidil ?

jd_uk

Reaction score
I have now used Zix for a two weeks. My hair and scalp feels exactly like I was on finasteride. No itch and hair is starting to feel stronger. I was a good responder to finasteride so I hope this is a good sign.
How do you make it and does it cause systemic lowering of DHT or just topical? Oh and is it costly?

Paqua

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using Zix (600mg Zinc sulphate by "Health Aid" brand, 150mg p5p, 15ml ethyl alcohol, 45ml destilled water) for about 2 weeks now and I feel like it increased my shedding.

I apply once per day in the morning at the hairline, crown and 2 spots of Alopecia Areata at my nape. Minoxidil at hairline and crown in the evening (I have been using minoxidil for years already).

Before Zix I had maybe 4-8 hairs in my hands when I washed my hair in the shower. Still especially my hairline deteriorated in 2020.

Now its more like 10-20 hairs in the shower.

At the same time, my itchy scalp definitely became better since I use Zix.

I will observe this very closely and keep you updated. Not sure what to think of it at this time but it is probably to early to judge.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like prolactin is involved in the balding process.

B6 (p5p) is a potent inhibitor it seems

I wonder what mechanism of action B6 has on suppressing prolactin. Makes me think of the highest dose we could apply B6 locally to suppress prolactin, or if that's even possible.

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most studies say B6 works by dopamine agonist but don't confirm it, so it would not work like extra pituitary PRL inhibitor everyone is excited about. At most it may lower your serum prolactin which is elevated in MBP individuals.

Control normal range:
2.6 ± 7.2 ug/L

Mean MBP:

Hormonal profile of men with premature balding

I wonder if anyone has posted their blood test panel showing what their prolactin level was.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score

“Topical glutathione at 2% completely stopped my hair loss” how did you make that?

felsbraun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,
what is the best formula for me to use. The first thing at the beginning to make the mixture or is there a current uptodate formula for zix.

Paqua

My Regimen
Reaction score
Using the alcohol is not essential, right?

I feel like my scalp is so sensitive and itching that the alcohol might damage it further. So I would like to try Zix with just destilled water.

jd_uk

Reaction score
I find it hard to relate when people talk about sheds and itching as I don't notice these, even though i have thinning hair (my hair is so fine that I wouldn't see any sheds anyway unless I wanted to make half my life like a science experiment and I don't get an itch at all). The stuff about scalp feeling better on certain formulations is great and all but all I want to know really is does it regrow hair?

And if so is it sustainable via blocking of scalp DHT? Whether it grows hair or at least stops hair loss is what is important.