My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

MrWelsh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry everyone, cant seem to find the ethyl alcohol that doesn't come in massive containers, has anyone got a link? Thanks

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do exactly as Worm said in the first page:

15 mls ethyl alcohol
3 x 220 mgs of zinc sulfate
150 mgs of b6 p5p
45 mls distilled water

btw I forgot to mention: I also use Minoxidil and Stemoxydine (Minoxidil since 2011, Stemoxydine since 2014)

How often do you apply minoxidil, and when do you apply vis-a-vis zix? Do you have any dark circles and how do you rate minoxidil ?

LongWayHome

Established Member
Reaction score
How often do you apply minoxidil, and when do you apply vis-a-vis zix? Do you have any dark circles and how do you rate minoxidil ?

I apply minoxidil like 1-2 hours after I apply zix, at night.
I saw that you wrote somewhere on this thread that you wait 12 hours between the two, am I right? if so, why?
About the dark circles, not really, but minoxidil does f*** my face, absolutely, but I can't really stop using it.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply minoxidil like 1-2 hours after I apply zix, at night.
I saw that you wrote somewhere on this thread that you wait 12 hours between the two, am I right? if so, why?
About the dark circles, not really, but minoxidil does f*** my face, absolutely, but I can't really stop using it.

What does it do to your face ?

LongWayHome

Established Member
Reaction score
What does it do to your face ?

It ages my face, definitely.
I started using it when I was 20, by the time I was 23 I could tell the difference.
Some people defend minoxidil and say "yea but you get older so what do you expect?", yea but 23? Wrinkles?
Both my dad and mom looked like 25 when they were 35, that's a fact.

The thing is, as bad as the aging effect took place, that's exactly how it affected my hair - like a bomb.
My hair became fuller so I could grow it out when I was 22, people called me Jim Morrison and it was fantastic on that regard.
Whoever reads this might think that I look like Morgan Freeman right now, so no, I don't.
It's something that only I can see because I know face (crazy right?), people still tell me that I look young for my age (28).
The good thing is that both my parents were/are beautiful people and thank god it's something that goes on,
so not complaining. But, it could've been nice to just have the benefits on minoxidil.

Some people don't get those sides, some people do.
I'm pretty sure I'm one of those people that got the best results from minoxidil,
which includes my hairline, but that came with a price.
Minoxidil became way less effective since 2015 for me, 4 years after I started it, and right now I use it basically not to lose everything. I tried to stop using it one time and after a few months I lost like half of my hair, it was scary, so I had to jump back on it.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Made my first batch of Zix tonight. Excited to give it a go. Has anyone had issues dissolving it? I made it about 30 minutes ago and it’s still pretty chunky. How long does it take yours to dissolve? Thanks!

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The original creator Joe mentioned periods of shedding throughout using Zix. @worm have you noticed any shedding 2-3 months in or anyone else for that matter using Zix?

INT

Reaction score
I started using it when I was 20, by the time I was 23 I could tell the difference.
Some people defend minoxidil and say "yea but you get older so what do you expect?", yea but 23? Wrinkles?

The thing is, as bad as the aging effect took place, that's exactly how it affected my hair - like a bomb.
My hair became fuller so I could grow it out when I was 22, people called me Jim Morrison and it was fantastic on that regard.
Whoever reads this might think that I look like Morgan Freeman right now, so no, I don't.
It's something that only I can see because I know face (crazy right?), people still tell me that I look young for my age (28).
The good thing is that both my parents were/are beautiful people and thank god it's something that goes on,
so not complaining. But, it could've been nice to just have the benefits on minoxidil.

I'm pretty sure I'm one of those people that got the best results from minoxidil,
Minoxidil became way less effective since 2015 for me, 4 years after I started it, and right now I use it basically not to lose everything. I tried to stop using it one time and after a few months I lost like half of my hair, it was scary, so I had to jump back on it.

Have you considered microneedling? Seems to be giving a lot of minoxidil users an extra boost. You can also try to add some sandalore to your minoxidil.

Are you still above baseline btw?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

I used it for years from the age of 18, off and on, but I was using finasteride from 19 so i wasnt scared to stop. But I havent used minoxidil on over a decade, but I don't recall it again me, but I did have dark circles, but they also could be because I slept like sh*t due to chronic congestion.

I'm now in my 40s, I still look young and have pretty good hair. But I do have days where I wake and things seem puffy before they settle down after a few minutes of walking around. I'm tempted to start minoxidil, but at the same time I dont want to be held hostage to using it nor do I want to look like a haggered like Matthew Perry 2019.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
The original creator Joe mentioned periods of shedding throughout using Zix. @worm have you noticed any shedding 2-3 months in or anyone else for that matter using Zix?

Interesting. I notice sometimes I shed more than others. Its caused me to tinker with the formula and get better results. But maybe that's just part of the deal, shedding from time to time. Sometimes I'll have 15-20 hairs, other times 30-35. It's a far cry from the 150+ hairs I used to see in one hair wash (and I shampoo daily). So I know zix is helping

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Made my first batch of Zix tonight. Excited to give it a go. Has anyone had issues dissolving it? I made it about 30 minutes ago and it’s still pretty chunky. How long does it take yours to dissolve? Thanks!

There is always sediment, but I use a pill crusher now and its finer than my old technique of crushing my b6 between spoons. The sediment helps as a thickener, so it's not all bad.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered microneedling? Seems to be giving a lot of minoxidil users an extra boost. You can also try to add some sandalore to your minoxidil.

I'm hesitant tonrecomment needling as I dont know if that will change the desired absorption. I would recommend trying one solution at a time for 6-9 months before trying the kitchen sink approach.

LongWayHome

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm actually scared of microneedling because it might make the side effects even worse, the aging thing I mean.
About my condition, you could say I'm above baseline, my hair looks great lately (*knocking on wood*).
I'm a nw3 that looks like a nw2, because of the way my hair grows. Kinda like Gary oldman 10-15 years ago.

Also, it's great seeing you're still kicking man, you're one of the "original" members I remember from when I just discovered this forum back in 2010 (long before I actually signed up). How are you holding up?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has Zix affected anyone’s sleep? Been using the past four nights and my sleep has been horrible....... not saying it is Zix, but a strange correlation. Also, are folks using this once or twice a day?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, made my Zix 4 days ago. Followed the directions exactly. Today, decided to try and mash up the ingredients even more. When I transferred the formula, this how much sediment was at the bottom..... of there is this much that is not dissolved, how is anything getting into our scalps? That’s a lot of ingredients wasted at the bottom of the bottle. How do we get this to dissolve better?

Attachments

• 17FB5112-83EE-4F54-A44D-C3FDE62A58C7.jpeg
    17FB5112-83EE-4F54-A44D-C3FDE62A58C7.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 505

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, made my Zix 4 days ago. Followed the directions exactly. Today, decided to try and mash up the ingredients even more. When I transferred the formula, this how much sediment was at the bottom..... of there is this much that is not dissolved, how is anything getting into our scalps? That’s a lot of ingredients wasted at the bottom of the bottle. How do we get this to dissolve better?

That looks right, I keep mine in the bottle. I shake it, then suck it up with a dropper. So each application gets a little sediment on my scalp. Once it dries, I shake any of the left over residue out.

INT

Reaction score
I'm actually scared of microneedling because it might make the side effects even worse, the aging thing I mean.
About my condition, you could say I'm above baseline, my hair looks great lately (*knocking on wood*).
I'm a nw3 that looks like a nw2, because of the way my hair grows. Kinda like Gary oldman 10-15 years ago.

Also, it's great seeing you're still kicking man, you're one of the "original" members I remember from when I just discovered this forum back in 2010 (long before I actually signed up). How are you holding up?

Oh wow, have I reached that status already haha. I was not that active back in the day though. Started posting on a more regular base around 2015. I guess I can consider myself lucky for still only being a Norwood II at the age of 28.Lost 50-75% of a Norwood in the last 5 years and have less volume on top but that's about it. At the moment I am only using sandalore and dermastamping.

Just like you, I am very lucky with the kind of hair I have. I definitely appear to be thinning when I get out of the shower, once my curls are no longer wet I look like a fullhead.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow, have I reached that status already haha. I was not that active back in the day though. Started posting on a more regular base around 2015. I guess I can consider myself lucky for still only being a Norwood II at the age of 28.Lost 50-75% of a Norwood in the last 5 years and have less volume on top but that's about it. At the moment I am only using sandalore and dermastamping.

Just like you, I am very lucky with the kind of hair I have. I definitely appear to be thinning when I get out of the shower, once my curls are no longer wet I look like a fullhead.
Are you seeing any results from sandalore + stamping?