My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm
Hey man, long time thread lurker here, was interested in knowing if you/someone you know ever added other ingredients to the zix "mix" and if so has it helped them? (I mean not the super zix stuff of course..)
(interested in doing this in conjunction with cetirizine which apparently works good with distilled water)

What it cetirizine?

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What it cetirizine?
In short, Cetirizine topical was started in german forums with some people reporting (and showing) results, with it regrowing vellus hairs in the hairline.
It's very appealing because there are no major side effects (if any, not troubling like finasteride), very cheap and easy to prepare (just add distillated water, even normal water may work because cetirizine is so soluble with water that's ridiculous).

Like everything else, the subject eventually died because some people didn't experience the great results. I see it as a complement to any regime out there since there is no downsides in taking it (only possible disappoint)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
In short, Cetirizine topical was started in german forums with some people reporting (and showing) results, with it regrowing vellus hairs in the hairline.
It's very appealing because there are no major side effects (if any, not troubling like finasteride), very cheap and easy to prepare (just add distillated water, even normal water may work because cetirizine is so soluble with water that's ridiculous).

Like everything else, the subject eventually died because some people didn't experience the great results. I see it as a complement to any regime out there since there is no downsides in taking it (only possible disappoint)

Regrow vellus, that's great. Does it thicken the non bald parts, and maintain? If so sounds a bit like minoxidil.

Otherwise, I would consider adding it if it has good effects. I would take it one step at a time though. See how you react to zix, then add cetrizine in a couple months.

Where do you buy it?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks kind of promising -

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28604133

The german guy apparently used it in conjunction with minoxidil.

@hellouser posted this on the baldtruth 6 years ago - (btw if you read this, how did your cetrizine experiment go?)

I started topical cetirizine about 5 weeks ago and things are looking good. Not as good as the
pics below so I'm going to find some Pantostin.

This German user started minoxidil / Pantostin / cetirizine about 2 months ago:

Start minoxidil for a year:

http://www.alopezie.de/fud/index.php/fa/10057/

Here is a pic after 4 weeks of adding Pantostin / Cetirizine:

http://www.alopezie.de/fud/index.php/fa/10214/

Amazing at around 60 days:

http://www.alopezie.de/fud/index.php/fa/10342/

And here are more pics from the same guy on the German forum, scroll down to find them:

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...yzagx27WOI88lw

I have several of these small dark hairs growing in previously bald areas so I'm seeing similar results after 5 weeks.

Thread I started 5 weeks ago:

http://www.*****************/interact...18#post1100618
http://www.*****************/interact...tin-Cetirizine

https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/clear.gif

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want to deviate the subject of this threat to cetirizine, only answered because you asked. (Was actually surprised that you never heard of it. Goes to show how saturated hairloss information is). About mixing cetirizine with other solutions, I would advise not to because I think it gets degraded with alcohol (I think I saw that here https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/degradation-of-cetirizine-in-alcohol-vehicles.66061/)
So, it's the same thing as Zix and minoxidil, u can't mix them together but that's for a different reason. You will just have to apply it in a different time. Trouble is that we start running out of time bands for this... first is Zix at 11pm then Minoxidil at 8am then cetirizine at what? 5pm? In practical terms it's a nightmare, but if that's what it takes to get some hair back, sure as hell it's worth it

Bruno De Souza

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want to deviate the subject of this threat to cetirizine, only answered because you asked. (Was actually surprised that you never heard of it. Goes to show how saturated hairloss information is). About mixing cetirizine with other solutions, I would advise not to because I think it gets degraded with alcohol (I think I saw that here https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/degradation-of-cetirizine-in-alcohol-vehicles.66061/)
So, it's the same thing as Zix and minoxidil, u can't mix them together but that's for a different reason. You will just have to apply it in a different time. Trouble is that we start running out of time bands for this... first is Zix at 11pm then Minoxidil at 8am then cetirizine at what? 5pm? In practical terms it's a nightmare, but if that's what it takes to get some hair back, sure as hell it's worth it
but in these studies ethanol was used. how then ?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read it can make u drowsy and give u crazy dreams. Doesn't sound ideal to me. I'll finish the reading the cet thread tomorrow, but guessing this fizzled off for a reason.

kamikaze2803

Reaction score
I used cet for quite a while, I was posting in that forum, I didn’t get any results or slowing of hair loss, I got the drowsiness from using it too

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used cet for quite a while, I was posting in that forum, I didn’t get any results or slowing of hair loss, I got the drowsiness from using it too

Yeah the further i get into that thread, the more i think cetrizine could be potentially bad for your health.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the further i get into that thread, the more i think cetrizine could be potentially bad for your health.
I think it was 3 years ago that i got 2 months straight, every day, with no interruptions with topical cetirizine + dermarolling that I got a complement from my mother, asking what had I done to my hair, cause it looked thicker. The more my hair gets better, the more I forget that I have to take care of it and then I start to become lazy with any treatment, but then, I think after you get some volume back, you don't actually have to apply it every day, so if u skip 2 days in a week, it's not bad. Long story short, I dint have any side effects with cet, and was always comfortable to take it since people take it in a daily basis (orally). Compared to finasteride side effects, cet has none what so ever. I never noticed any shedding what so ever so that's a plus (maybe because it's not in a alcohol vehicle).

cet.png

Most people don't even relate any of these symptomes, and you can get them from anywhere really
Worst case scenario, you get a bad headache and you stop taking cet (no long or short term side effects)

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.rxlist.com/aspirin-side-effects-drug-center.htm#consumer
Aspirin side effects... it's like they put a generic list of side effects just cause. Almost all pharmaceuticals have such lists of side effects. How ironic that one of the aspirin side effects is headache. I usually take aspirins for my headaches. o_O
The only reason you don't see written side effects on Zix is because it's a home made treatment but let's say it becomes so successful that you even think of marketing it. My guess is that you would have to put there these "side effects" to keep yourself safe from lawsuits.

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it was 3 years ago that i got 2 months straight, every day, with no interruptions with topical cetirizine + dermarolling that I got a complement from my mother, asking what had I done to my hair, cause it looked thicker. The more my hair gets better, the more I forget that I have to take care of it and then I start to become lazy with any treatment, but then, I think after you get some volume back, you don't actually have to apply it every day, so if u skip 2 days in a week, it's not bad. Long story short, I dint have any side effects with cet, and was always comfortable to take it since people take it in a daily basis (orally). Compared to finasteride side effects, cet has none what so ever. I never noticed any shedding what so ever so that's a plus (maybe because it's not in a alcohol vehicle).

View attachment 86388
Most people don't even relate any of these symptomes, and you can get them from anywhere really
Worst case scenario, you get a bad headache and you stop taking cet (no long or short term side effects)

If you don't mind me asking what vehicle did you end up using for your cetirizine?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threads/10018-Cetirizine/page16

View attachment 86388

why and how long after you started did you stop?

Almsoo7

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it matter if the 70% ethyl alcohol is denatured (additives added) or not? I read that the additive can be methanol which is poisonous for ingestion but not sure if it can be applied safely on scalp. For the zinc sulphate, is this referring to zinc sulphate heptahydrate (I see alot on taobao)?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it matter if the 70% ethyl alcohol is denatured (additives added) or not? I read that the additive can be methanol which is poisonous for ingestion but not sure if it can be applied safely on scalp. For the zinc sulphate, is this referring to zinc sulphate heptahydrate (I see alot on taobao)?

Im not sure about the ethyl alcohol, you can always experiment using it and trying it without.

And yes - heptahydrate.

JimShoe

Reaction score
I seem to get drowsiness after I apply zix. I only apply 1 ml in the morning. I'm using 3 zinc sulphate tablets, 7 B6 tabs, 15mls ethanol and 45mls distilled water. It must be the B6 that causes the tiredness.

I also use Azelaic acid once in the evening.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I seem to get drowsiness after I apply zix. I only apply 1 ml in the morning. I'm using 3 zinc sulphate tablets, 7 B6 tabs, 15mls ethanol and 45mls distilled water. It must be the B6 that causes the tiredness.

I also use Azelaic acid once in the evening.

How long have you been using it? I am always tired, but have always been tired. I used to nap on my desk in grade school.

INT

Reaction score
@worm in which vehicle did you put cet? You also mentioned that things are looking good, could you elaborate a bit more on that? Thanks!

Edit: never mind, I see you copied a post from someone else lol.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Worm, looking at your pics, I have to ask: were you ever diagnosed with male pattern baldness, or is it possible you just had a scalp condition?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worm, looking at your pics, I have to ask: were you ever diagnosed with male pattern baldness, or is it possible you just had a scalp condition?

Hi,yes, by 2 dermatologists - I was only 20 or so at the time too and still had an amazing hairline. male pattern baldness runs rampant in my family, and I was shedding hundreds or hairs daily when i wasnt on finasteride - that is until i started using zix.