My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone should make a zix topical comercially

It's called revivogen. I've toyed around with the idea, but you need to sell it on a massive scale to make sense of it. Nevertheless, I'm just happy to have people trying it.

What bothers me is how people profit over peoples misfortune. I probably spent $400 trying to figure out how to get an ex back. It kind of worked, but ultimately I found someone way better. Twenty years back it used to cost me $50-60 /month for minoxidil. I was desperate. It's like companies can charge more based on your level of desperation, hence the people on the Brotzu thread saying they'd be happy spend over 1200 euro a year on that f'in solution - that's crazy!

So if you all can benefit as much as I have and it not cost you more than $1-2/month to mix this yourselves, I'd rather see the money in your hands than in some shitty company capitalizing on our need for a decent head of hair so we can like what we see in the mirror a little more.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
detoxpeople.eu

I went with Solgar's, but there are other brands available as well.

Anyway. I believe that I need to dial down the alcohol in my Zix mix (ha!), my scalp is super sensitive and for the next batch I'll go with 10-15%.

Yeah, I don't think the alcohol is the crucial ingredient, it's kind of a "go with what feels right" for mixing volumes. For me I'm thinking at least 660mgs of zinc and 150mgs of b6.

So yes, go with less next batch.

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got it from ebay bro :) product was "Life Extension, Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate Caps" search that.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you wash out the Zix after a certain amount of time?
I thought about applying in the morning before going to work, but the B6 stains my scalp yellow lol. It's pretty noticeable at the hairline.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought about applying in the morning before going to work, but the B6 stains my scalp yellow lol. It's pretty noticeable at the hairline.

I don't wash it out. There is some residue, but once it dries after 20 mins I shake my hair out. Zix is a yellowish hue, I haven't noticed it stain my scalp, maybe my fingers slightly, so I guess it probably does do a bit. Maybe my gf has mentioned once before but it does fade and quick (at least on my fingers) . I think you mentioned you recommend less b6, maybe that's a solution if it's really bad. I don't know what impact it will have always used 140 mgs per 2oz.

How much has your hair thinned? Is your scalp super noticeable through your hair?

Btw I'm on 3.66 capsules (x 220mgs) of zinc. Initial response is more encouraging than 3 alone, however I'm not sure how I could be seeing results so early.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Also, are you using tabs or capsules if b6? Capsules I seem to recall are less yellow.

Elohim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Despite using the Zix every day, my itch has become worse in the last few weeks. I don't think the Zix causes it. The last time I applied some zix on my scalp, the itch started right after I applied it, but that might also just be a coincidence. Maybe I should try it without the alcohol, to see how that works out, or maybe add more zinc. But still, after the first few days of using it I was fine when it comes to the itch.

The only difference between the first few days zix and the last few weeks is the fact that I'm in Australia now. I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this, but sometimes I have the feeling my itch is much worse and I'm having the itch way more often when the temperatures are higher. It's also worse when I'm working out.

Reactions: H&Q

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Despite using the Zix every day, my itch has become worse in the last few weeks. I don't think the Zix causes it. The last time I applied some zix on my scalp, the itch started right after I applied it, but that might also just be a coincidence. Maybe I should try it without the alcohol, to see how that works out, or maybe add more zinc. But still, after the first few days of using it I was fine when it comes to the itch.

The only difference between the first few days zix and the last few weeks is the fact that I'm in Australia now. I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this, but sometimes I have the feeling my itch is much worse and I'm having the itch way more often when the temperatures are higher. It's also worse when I'm working out.

Hmm interesting, what ingredients are you using exactly?

Elohim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. How many Zinc capsules did you use? Are you definitely using distilled water?

I think I made the original Zix formula, so that's two or three capsules.

Yes I'm pretty sure. I ordered it online, it should be legit.

Anyway, I will probably add some Zinc. And maybe it's just a phase. My head has to adjust to the different climate haha.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I made the original Zix formula, so that's two or three capsules.

Yes I'm pretty sure. I ordered it online, it should be legit.

Anyway, I will probably add some Zinc. And maybe it's just a phase. My head has to adjust to the different climate haha.

Well your zinc is a little strange tb. I use these ones

https://www.amazon.com/PlusPharma-Zinc-Sulfate-220mg-Capsules/dp/B00E4MJYYS

Now looking at yours, I see you have dicalcium phosphate in yours. That may cause a bad interaction, im not totally sure.

If you're using 2-3 pills, that's around what Im using, 150mgs of elemental zinc, or also calculated as 660mgs of sulphate. It's not obvious though because bottle only says 50mgs, so im basing this on the 333% rda I see beside it.

The only think I could may be is bad interactions with the other items that are filler in the zinc. If it isnt too much trouble I would use my brand.

Otherwise try dropping the ethyl alcohol completely. That could help.

Are you using Joe's original zix recipe or mine?

Elohim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well your zinc is a little strange tb. I use these ones

https://www.amazon.com/PlusPharma-Zinc-Sulfate-220mg-Capsules/dp/B00E4MJYYS

Now looking at yours, I see you have dicalcium phosphate in yours. That may cause a bad interaction, im not totally sure.

If you're using 2-3 pills, that's around what Im using, 150mgs of elemental zinc, or also calculated as 660mgs of sulphate. It's not obvious though because bottle only says 50mgs, so im basing this on the 333% rda I see beside it.

The only think I could may be is bad interactions with the other items that are filler in the zinc. If it isnt too much trouble I would use my brand.

Otherwise try dropping the ethyl alcohol completely. That could help.

Are you using Joe's original zix recipe or mine?

I think I used two capsules of Zinc. I wanted to start with the original Joe zix, but I already dropped two capsules in it when I saw that one is enough (I was going to use 4.5, because I was also confused by the 50mg and 220mg). It's kinda strange that mine doesn't say that the total weigt is 220mg, but Joe send me this Zinc himself (or someone else from that site) so I assumed it should be alright. I just ordered the package from his site, to be certain that I would have the right Zinc and p5p. But you're right, there are some extra ingredients that aren't mentioned anywhere.

I can also try your Zinc, if you really think it might be better? And like I said, maybe a little more Zinc and a little less alcohol (although there's also alcohol in minoxidil, which I have been using for a while now).

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I used two capsules of Zinc. I wanted to start with the original Joe zix, but I already dropped two capsules in it when I saw that one is enough (I was going to use 4.5, because I was also confused by the 50mg and 220mg). It's kinda strange that mine doesn't say that the total weigt is 220mg, but Joe send me this Zinc himself (or someone else from that site) so I assumed it should be alright. I just ordered the package from his site, to be certain that I would have the right Zinc and p5p. But you're right, there are some extra ingredients that aren't mentioned anywhere.

I can also try your Zinc, if you really think it might be better? And like I said, maybe a little more Zinc and a little less alcohol (although there's also alcohol in minoxidil, which I have been using for a while now).

Well if you're just doing the original zix, then he must know what works. I find that for me, a higher concentration works.

At the moment I'm using about 3.66 capsules. Up from 3, and I'm shedding half as much hair over the past few days, now down to 10 hairs in the drain from 20/22 hairs. I'm a bit in disbelief that I'm responding so quickly. Anyhow, I'm reluctant to say the extra zinc is absolutely helping until I keep this lack of shedding up for at least two weeks. I'll probably move up to 4 in about 2 weeks. But that will be like 8x the zinc Joe advises. I think extra zinc makes a difference.

So if your not responding to Joe's formula, then I recommend trying mine. First try without alcohol, then if all goes well, add the alcohol but no more than 10/20%. It could be as you say that you donr respond well.

Btw it'll take a couple weeks for this to reduce shedding. Thank you for reporting your experience.

Elohim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if you're just doing the original zix, then he must know what works. I find that for me, a higher concentration works.

At the moment I'm using about 3.66 capsules. Up from 3, and I'm shedding half as much hair over the past few days, now down to 10 hairs in the drain from 20/22 hairs. I'm a bit in disbelief that I'm responding so quickly. Anyhow, I'm reluctant to say the extra zinc is absolutely helping until I keep this lack of shedding up for at least two weeks. I'll probably move up to 4 in about 2 weeks. But that will be like 8x the zinc Joe advises. I think extra zinc makes a difference.

So if your not responding to Joe's formula, then I recommend trying mine. First try without alcohol, then if all goes well, add the alcohol but no more than 10/20%. It could be as you say that you donr respond well.

Btw it'll take a couple weeks for this to reduce shedding. Thank you for reporting your experience.

Will do. You'll hear from me in a few weeks about any changes.

Well, thank you for everything so far. You showed us an alternative to finasteride. Even if I'm not responding to zix like you and maybe some other people are, I already appreciate all the time you put into this thread. I just hope this will be a way of maintaining without sides, until some real 'cures' will be released. That would be absolutely great.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just realized I could use stemoxydine as a carrier for this, doesn't need to be my castor oil.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will do. You'll hear from me in a few weeks about any changes.

Well, thank you for everything so far. You showed us an alternative to finasteride. Even if I'm not responding to zix like you and maybe some other people are, I already appreciate all the time you put into this thread. I just hope this will be a way of maintaining without sides, until some real 'cures' will be released. That would be absolutely great.

Unfortunately all I can report is what works for me. The high dose of zinc really seems to be turning things around for me. I'm hoping it will for anyone who tries.

Here is a thread from 2003, there are a couple posters reporting good results. This 2yrs before i jumped on it.

Aloalo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello

I will like try this Zix but i dont know if all ingredients are good.

Will be solgar zinc good? Or it must be in powder?

Same question for Pyridoxal - 5- phosphate (vitamin B-6)

Is Zix more like regaine or Revivogen?

Thanx for help

resu

Reaction score
Order the stuff from Amazon and then use a shipping forwarding company.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello

I will like try this Zix but i dont know if all ingredients are good.

Will be solgar zinc good? Or it must be in powder?

Same question for Pyridoxal - 5- phosphate (vitamin B-6)

Is Zix more like regaine or Revivogen?

Thanx for help

Capsules zinc sulphate is the best.

It's more like Revivogen. I believe the active ingredients are b6 and zinc which is what makes Revivogen mildly effective.