my thoughts about toppik

G

it always looks like a mess on my head. why is that? some people say you cant see it. but you see it. its a mess. how you do it that it doesnt look like mess?

dorianyates

Reaction score
Just "bic it" ..then you don't have to worry about putting that minced grasshopper leg formula sh$t on your head.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
It only looks any good if you still have quite a bit of hair and it only works on the crown as it looks rubbish on the hairline. It is best for people who are starting to get a bald spot.

G

helpme007 do you have pictures of your situation?

I have a medium-advanced male pattern baldness level, and toppik works for me. I takes only 3 minutes to apply.

But take care, and don't leave the thing too much time on your hair, specially in your scalp. I think it can accelerate hairloss. At least it did in my case, So i use it only 2 or 3 times a week and wash it the same day.

Here are some pics of my situation:

Before Toppik:

flash6wq.jpg

dscf09508nd.jpg

With Toppik:

dscf09764sr.jpg

dscf10022qy.jpg

In these pics I have toppik dark brown and it doesn't look so good if you look very close. Specially in the crown pic.

But I ordered medium brown last week and it matches exactly my hairlcolor.

Good Luck.

ash900

Reaction score
damn

that is a really good result!

I didn't know that concealers did such a good job... awesome.

Kansta

Reaction score
GoodGuy said:

I have a medium-advanced male pattern baldness level, and toppik works for me. I takes only 3 minutes to apply.

But take care, and don't leave the thing too much time on your hair, specially in your scalp. I think it can accelerate hairloss. At least it did in my case, So i use it only 2 or 3 times a week and wash it the same day.

Before Toppik:

flash6wq.jpg

dscf09508nd.jpg

With Toppik:

dscf09764sr.jpg

dscf10022qy.jpg

In these pics I have toppik dark brown and it doesn't look so good if you look very close. Specially in the crown pic.

Good Luck.

Mines the same, its great if yr just thinning coz it fills it all in! I got total confidence when it comes to Toppik and my hairdresser cant believe the difference either!

I always put a strong hairspray over it tho to make sure its not going anywhere!!

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
does the spray keep the toppik from rubbing off or just keep the hair in place?

UnReal27

Reaction score
IMO Toppik is is "ideal" for persons such as myself with dark curly hair. There is not a problem with blending since the powder is same color as my hair. No problem with it coming off because the curls retain the flakes (Even under a fairly steady drizzle of rain). The hairline is a bit more work, but the trick is not to apply toppik right up to the hairline but a bit farther back so it does not look unnatural, if that makes any sense. Not a good concealer for persons already with large bald areas.

G

GoodGuy said:
hI think it can accelerate hairloss. At least it did in my case, So i use it only 2 or 3 times a week and wash it the same day.

why would you think it can accelerate hair loss?

melbwest

Reaction score
why do you say it could advance hair loss GoodGuy?

As far as im aware it is mainly small keratin fibres. It should have a negligible effect on your hairloss. It's more likely the case that one day you looked at your hair without Toppik, having used for a while, and realised/rememberd the extent of thinning/loss.

westy

mickeyblueyes

Reaction score
toppik great stuff been using it for years now not noticed any extra hairloss. if used with the shampoo and conditioner and had some good practice it can look as good as your own hair. use the the fibre hold spary they supply. normal hairspray just don't work in my experiance, i don't have much hair left on top but toppik still works at covering it up. lasts about a week then needs to be re-applied. not gonna last forever but give u time to weigh up your options.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If I went to a hot nightclub and I found myself drenched with sweat would i also end up with these fibres all over my face? :?

pzito

Reaction score
Whats up guys?
I was wondering if any of you use the Rogaine Foam along with Toppik?
I've been applying the foam and letting it dry for about 15 minutes then putting Toppik on.....Do you think this will affect my results any?

Thanks

s.a.f

Reaction score
mickeyblueyes said:
toppik great stuff been using it for years now not noticed any extra hairloss. if used with the shampoo and conditioner and had some good practice it can look as good as your own hair. use the the fibre hold spary they supply. normal hairspray just don't work in my experiance, i don't have much hair left on top but toppik still works at covering it up. lasts about a week then needs to be re-applied. not gonna last forever but give u time to weigh up your options.

Are you saying that you apply toppic and fibre lock spray and keep it on for a week? Does'nt it irritate your scalp?
A quick word of advice for all thickener/concealer users its better to use too little than too much. Also I saw a post where a guy using Toppic was in a nightclub and the lighting illuminated the fibres!

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GoodGuy said:

Before Toppik:

flash6wq.jpg

dscf09508nd.jpg

With Toppik:

dscf09764sr.jpg

dscf10022qy.jpg

Good Luck.

These pictures are great, I've seen very few before and afters for concealers apart from the company ads. I'm going to have to just buy some and work it out from there, does the locking mist or hairspray stop most of it from falling out?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
yes any hairspray or the spray which is provided by toppik will stop any from falling out. I have never had a problem with this.

beaner

Reaction score
I used to apply Toppik on a daily basis and had much less hair than the picture above and it worked wonders for me. The stuff is awesome in my opinon, and if applied correctly will make thinning hair look ALOT fuller. Just don't apply the stuff to REALLY thin/bald areas because it may be (probably will be) noticeable.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, that's really helpful. I heard many mixed reviews when I first enquired but think I'm going to give a couple of them a go, I might be able to get away with using a powder concealer that just shades my scalp but am quite excited about trying Toppik too if necesary, it seems that several people with slightly more loss than me have been satisfied.