my thoughts about toppik

Perfectionist

Reaction score
I think Toppik kicks *** !!

I use Brylcreem first ..... then sprinkle the powder on my head and then comb it through ..... seems to stick to the hair very naturally and leaves a nice layer on my scalp which works like Couvre .....

Completely covers the fact I'm going bald !! Dunno how well it will do the job once my hairloss get worse though .....

PS - Ya need to have a very close colour match - I use a mixture of Dark Brown and Medium Brown .....

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
UK78 said:
If I went to a hot nightclub and I found myself drenched with sweat would i also end up with these fibres all over my face? :?

lol, I run on the treadmill at the gym for about 25 min, when i'm done i'm drenched with sweat and the toppik fibers are still in place. This stuff is right on my hairline too... my hair is spikey so i spray the toppik (with spray maximizer) into the hair..not on the scalp nor sprinkle on head. The pomade in my hair makes the fibers stick better so i don't need hairspray, or the spray that toppik sells. I never had a prob with the fibers "falling out" like people say. Maybe because the spray maximizer makes the hairs fall so precise and you use less. I really really recomend getting it, I can't imagine using toppik without it, it just wouldn't work for me.

You bring up a good point about clubs though, I've been wondering if toppik would be noticed under UV light? I actually have a UV bulb at home and I tested it out didnt see anything. I coulda sworn someone on this forum said they had an "embarassing situation" under UV light. Anyone have any input on this?

s.a.f

Reaction score
I heard about that post too. It originated on HLH, A guy in a nightclub under blacklight and claimed that everyone could see it in his hair! :eek:
Heard other people say they've worn in at clubs with no problems. Maybe its just a certain type of lighting ?