My Success Story! (For the Younger Crowd)

baldyoungin86

Reaction score
I have my thread in tell my story but I'll do a little background in here as well. Started losing my hair around 16 years old, but I remember people commenting on it when I was 12 (receding).

By about 18 I had put on a hat and never looked back. The jobs I have had allowed hats and bandannas and things like that so I was always good. In college, same thing a hat. As the balding got worse and worse I went to a skull cap with the hat, just in case my hat was ever taken off.

From 19 to about now no one had seen me with my hat off.

Soooo... here are my results, SO FAR!

Short baseline. July 31st:
hair-02.jpg

More from July 31st:
hair-03.jpg

hair-05.jpg

I grew my hair out longer for a month just to see:
hair-13.jpg

hair-11.jpg

Skip up to October and you can see that its already starting to thicken up:
hair-18.jpg

So I continued my treatments... Rogaine Foam, finasteride, and Nizoral for the rest of the months up until now. I have had my ups and downs... my sheds... even times when I thought the regrowth was done.

Well, about two months ago I started using Revivogen Biocleansing Shampoo. It made my head feel great and I loved the minty smell. I used it just as a good shampoo that made my head feel great.

Well, fast forward to April. About two weeks ago was the first time I've let anyone see my head aside from here. I will not lie, when I go out I put some Dermatch on the back of my head due to that still be very thin. But I leave the front alone.

People have been saying how they thought I was super bald and cannot believe i've been wearing a hat. My mom even commented about my hair saying it looks the same as it did in high school and she couldn't believe I had been so self conscious. That's a relieve. My girlfriend is saying the same things.

I am now almost 23 years old and am VERY excited about my regrowth! I can say 100 percent it has exceeded my expectations and if I can get the crown to fill up I will be a super happy and confident man.

I can COMB my hair now! And the temples are filling in:
IMGA0048.jpg

Here's a side view of the temple:
IMGA0049.jpg

And another side view:
IMGA0050.jpg

Here is an over the top view... top is still thin, but one HELL of an improvement:
IMGA0051.jpg

Heres one more with more harsh lighting and the front hairs picked up. They are thn, but are definitely still thickening:
IMGA0053.jpg

Finally, one more from the top with harsh lighting:
IMGA0055.jpg

The crown is still very thin, and I hold out hope that it'll continue to thicken up, as well as the rest of the top. I do apply dermatch to the back when I go out, just for more confidence and it definitely looks great. I've had people pulling on my hair since they haven't seen it in so long. People thinking I am wearing a rug... and more! Its a compliment I must say.

Now I figure I had a great response because of my youth... but there are others in my situation. If you are young and balding this is proof that these things work. I couldn't have done it without this website, because before this website and all these success stories I thought the treatments were snake oil.

Keep at it guys, its worth it in the end. The confidence I have gained... and the confidence I hope to gain with the growth of more hair is enough to allow me to keep at it. I have been through the sheds and the feeling of it never getting better. If my hair doesn't grow anymore, I will still be happy with what I have now. Of course, I really hope that the crown fills in.

Thanks for reading and goodluck. If you want to ask any questions... ask away and I'll try my best to answer.

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results dude! :punk: Congrats, enjoy it! Hope all your friends go bald around you now =D

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
Fantastic results! I am pleased for your success, after what seems like you've gone through a difficult "hair" period in your past, its great to see such brilliant restoration.

Keep up the meds buddy.

baldyoungin86

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I must say its awesome to come here and see everyone else having the same struggles as me... I dont feel as weird.

Of course I'm sure there aren't many 22 year old with the extensive hairloss that I have... but I'm doing something about it.

I really hope other people will realize that these things do work if you do them and stick with it. I think too many people see sheds, get discouraged and stop. Of course, there are people that just don't respond.

I think its pretty funny that all of my growth has happened in the front of my head... that's the spot that I figured wouldn't grow in.

21ukheregoes

Reaction score
hey buddy - thats awesome news. it gives me hope! started on finasteride and nizoral about a month ago.

im just not so sure about starting on minoxidil as there is no possible way i can only get it to the roots of my hair/scalp. now that you have more hair - how do you go about applying the minoxidil?

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
congratz. 2 bad you didn started much earlier on.

Good luck

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude - those are some amazing results and I am sure that you will continue to improve!

As for your crown, I often read on here that crowns take slightly longer to fill in (apparently even after hair transplant's, crowns take much longer to reach full yield).

Keep at it - your hair is looking the business!

Def

boy_1989_

Reaction score
Your a great responder :D

Im 19 years old and have been on nizoral 2% and propecia for 2,5 months.. these success stories gives me hope! =)

baldyoungin86

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I do wish I would have started earlier, but can't go back in time. I'm just glad I started at all.

I'm really hoping that the crown fills in as well... its gotten better over the last couple of months though... so I'm holding out hope. If that grows in atleast decent then I will be more than content. Of course, I won't stop the treatments or anything... but I think you get the picture.

As far as the minoxidil... I do find it a little more difficult to apply it to my scalp. To apply it to the crown is fairly easy since it's pretty thin, but everywhere else... I use a brush (never thought i'd say that again). Basically I brush it up to expose as much scalp as I can... then I apply it. It seems to work well.

I'm glad that it inspires people to continue their treatments.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey baldyoungin86, I have a question for you. Do you smoke cigarettes or weed or have you never touched them before? If you do are you a frequent smoker or just once in a while?

baldyoungin86

Reaction score
Yes I am still on the foam, twice a day everyday. I have finally gotten used to the smell as well.

I have never smoked a cigarette in my life. I have tried weed a few times, but nothing significant, just random parties.

dman23

Reaction score
congrtz my frend your results are just stunning.
thx for sharing your sucsses with us...
hmm little q today your treatment is the big 3 and you add something more exept the rivov shampo ?

baldyoungin86

Reaction score
I have only used the big 3 and the revivogen shampoo. I take multivitamins as well but that's more for general health than hair... but Im sure it doesn't hurt.

I do workout a lot.. which I've been told could lead to more hair loss... but I haven't experienced that, I dont think. Then again.. guess I wouldn't know.

daveireland28

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum. So impressed with your results. my hair is very similar to the way yours was last august. Have use minoxidil before but never a proper strict regimen. starting 1st may with propecia also.
I need this to work ! dave in ireland. worried.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
abovedagame said:
what multivitamin do you use?

dude a multivitamin isnt gonna be a big deal on hair regrowth..ive been taking them for 5+ years and im 26 now..i take it for health reasons..nothing to do with hair...take biotin or other hair supplements

great results to the OP..keep it up..hopefully people will learn..dont b**ch and stick with yre regimen...too much estrogen here at these forums

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say dude, that is stunning.... You convinced me to go buy the Revivogen Shampoo!