My success and goals for the future

masontrc

Reaction score
Ecto1 said:
Thanks Masontrc! I just read your thread and it's quite inspiring :) . I'm 26 and started noticing thinning on top when I was 24 - terrible feeling. Since then, I went on finasteride but the side effects were swift and harsh. So I'm going to go your route and use Rogaine twice daily, and probably Nizoral as well. Keep us posted!

Thanks for the words, Ecto! Hows the Rogaine working out for you thus far?

JWM

Reaction score
Mason,

Do you use more than 1 ml per application? If not, how are you able to cover all your thin spots with just 1 ml?

masontrc

Reaction score
JWM said:
Mason,

Do you use more than 1 ml per application? If not, how are you able to cover all your thin spots with just 1 ml?

I have to divide that 1 mil based on which spots need more attention. These days it's the crown and the sides that require more attention so I'll apply more in those areas.

masontrc

Reaction score
JWM said:
So you're still just using 1 ml per application--no more?

That's correct. I think when I started I remember the reading something on the bottle that said do not apply more than 1 ml because it won't improve growth any quicker

grandiin

Established Member
Reaction score
You can look in my treat, i use more than 1ml , it's impossible to cover all my hairloss with just 1ml. I use something like 2-2,5, i need to buy minoxidil more often than other people but i wanna be sure that i cover my hairloss spots.

masontrc

Reaction score
grandiin said:
You can look in my treat, i use more than 1ml , it's impossible to cover all my hairloss with just 1ml. I use something like 2-2,5, i need to buy minoxidil more often than other people but i wanna be sure that i cover my hairloss spots.

Remember that the recommended amount is 1 ml for twice a day. The spots that I miss in the morning I compensate for at night. So I end up using 2 ml. I want to make sure each bottle lasts a month. For me, 2 ml per day has been sufficient and affordable. Others, might need more.

The pics below are show my improvement. The last ones are June which marks my 10 month.

Attachments

• update June 2011.jpg
    update June 2011.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 284
  • update 4.png
    update 4.png
    805.2 KB · Views: 315
  • update 5.png
    update 5.png
    681 KB · Views: 290

Technical

Reaction score
you should add nizoral just for the heck of it, see if it helps. You won't shed, and it helps with any dandruff you might get from minoxidil.

masontrc

Reaction score
Technical said:
you should add nizoral just for the heck of it, see if it helps. You won't shed, and it helps with any dandruff you might get from minoxidil.

hmm I haven't researched nizoral yet but I've been looking to add something to my regimen.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish i got results as good as that! :( I started using regaine liquid at the start of the year and then switched to foam after 4 months but all there's been is continued shedding of my temples and hairline receeding further. Although crown has improved.

Glad you've got the desired results though, happy for you. Definitely worth going with the nizoral shampoo just to apply a couple of times a week though. Maybe even saw palmetto, see if you get increased results with that.

masontrc

Reaction score
ukmale24 said:
I wish i got results as good as that! :( I started using regaine liquid at the start of the year and then switched to foam after 4 months but all there's been is continued shedding of my temples and hairline receeding further. Although crown has improved.

Glad you've got the desired results though, happy for you. Definitely worth going with the nizoral shampoo just to apply a couple of times a week though. Maybe even saw palmetto, see if you get increased results with that.

Thanks! I'll considering adding those to my regimen. Maybe you should switch back to rogaine liquid and increase your level

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hate2LoseIt said:
now come to think of it....The tea tree shampoo could also be contributing to his results being that Tea Tree is considered to be an anti-androgen.

Tea Tree is considered to be an anti-androgen?????