My success and goals for the future

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
That would be interesting, but I haven't really seen any evidence for that.

BTW, it's not really that your body becomes immune to Rogaine, just that the DHT will catch up eventually.

masontrc

Reaction score
terrapin12 said:

BTW, it's not really that your body becomes immune to Rogaine, just that the DHT will catch up eventually.

Oh, my mistake.

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
terrapin12 said:

are you talking about the tea tree?...yes there has been evidence

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
masontrc said:
terrapin12 said:

Oh, my mistake.

Yeah, just that you can continue to use it as your hairline creeps up to continue to delay it, even if it's stopped for the front.

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
Hate2LoseIt said:
terrapin12 said:

are you talking about the tea tree?...yes there has been evidence

Can you show any?

masontrc

Reaction score
Hate2LoseIt said:
terrapin12 said:

are you talking about the tea tree?...yes there has been evidence[/quote

I was actually recommended tea tree by my hair dresser. I'm interested to see what studies there have been but I use both the shampoo and the conditioner so this could possibly have an impact.

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
masontrc- which tea tree oil shampoo do you use? I have one under my sink just been using the pomegranate burts bees shampoo bc it makes my hair look thicker.

masontrc

Reaction score
brandnew said:
masontrc- which tea tree oil shampoo do you use? I have one under my sink just been using the pomegranate burts bees shampoo bc it makes my hair look thicker.

Pomegranate burts bees shampoo...man just the name makes me want to buy it haha. I use the lemon sage thickening brand.

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
haha... my hair person always tries to get me to buy that one... maybe i should. Do you use it daily or a few times a week? conditioner too? i read some interesting reviews on amazon about it... Does is cosmetically thicken your hair? The reviews were mixed...

masontrc

Reaction score
I use it a few times with Tea Tree conditioner. My hair has grown a lot thicker over the 8 months but I'm not sure whether to attribute that to the Tea Tree or the Rogaine. Either way, it's definitely not hurting my hair.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fantastic results man, your hair looks great.

Be aware though your plan to ramp up to higher percentage minoxidil may not succeed, simply because there are no reliable sources of minoxidil over 5%.

Just keep an eye on your hair, I'm not going to advise you to get on antiandrogens yet as you're young and minoxidil is working wonders for you. IMO you want to hold out on 5% minoxidil as long as you can. If you're lucky you can do so until an antiandrogen better than Finasteride comes out (CB-03-01 hopefully).

masontrc

Reaction score
Thanks I didn't know that about minoxidil over 5%. 5% has rendered fantastic results for me soo I plan on sticking to this as long as I can.

Ecto1

Reaction score
Thanks Masontrc! I just read your thread and it's quite inspiring :) . I'm 26 and started noticing thinning on top when I was 24 - terrible feeling. Since then, I went on finasteride but the side effects were swift and harsh. So I'm going to go your route and use Rogaine twice daily, and probably Nizoral as well. Keep us posted!

ALPOGAN

Reaction score
I am sorry but I can't believe these results...

I think you can't suceed it with only minoxidil...

I think;

** You used finasteride or dutasteride and you don't tell it..

** Or you maked hair transplantation

This is my idea...

masontrc

Reaction score
ALPOGAN said:
I am sorry but I can't believe these results...

I think you can't suceed it with only minoxidil...

I think;

** You used finasteride or dutasteride and you don't tell it..

** Or you maked hair transplantation

This is my idea...

I'm sorry but I'm not presenting any dishonesty here. My dad has used rogaine for years so he ordered me some from August of 2010 to now. Since the results have worked so well for me, I haven't needed to use finasteride or dutasteride or a hair transplant. If the rogaine stops working, these are options to consider.

I realize my results are atypical and that is not something I take for granted. I'm very fortunate to have experienced rapid regrowth with just minoxidil in under 1 year. I'm not here to gloat or mislead though but to bring hope to those who feel hopeless and insecure like I did for a very long time.

What you believe is up to you though. I take your disbelief as a compliment because it shows me my results have been great!