My story - 24 years old

state06

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like I'm getting much help regarding my questions anyone have any insight ....

My head continues to itch and it has not itch before starting treatment and has been consistently itching for about a month is this because of the shed ? I have lost density although parts of my head as slightly thicker hair

Also the corners of my hairline are getting thinner is this because of the shed ?

Thanks

is there redness and/or scaling associated? My advice would be to have a Doctor take a look at your scalp

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is there redness and/or scaling associated? My advice would be to have a Doctor take a look at your scalp
Only redness after I scratch at it and then the white flakes pop up , I made an appointment for next Friday with my derm had to go anyways so I can get another prescription for finasteride ... The itchiness is not only on the areas of male pattern baldness but all over my scalp, it's very strange

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update : 5 months finasteride 6 months min ... Not much has changed, still have no sides. As for my hair it appears hair quality is getting stronger I am also shedding less .. I've always had a bald stop to the corner of my left hairline and I can see obvious hairs forming there but now the right corner of my hairline is much weaker and thining .. I hope this is a shed or the medication way of getting the weak hairs from the part of my hairline to fall and growing stronger ones ... Oh and as for the scalp itch it continues to bother me everyday although my scalp is not irritated or inflammed but I have been getting a lot of dandruff at times it looks like my scalp is peeling white flake I've been using nizoral to combat this might buy some tree oil and mix it in with the shampoo see how that goes ... I'm trying to stay optimistic will report back at 6 months

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why the hell is my head itching so much ??? Nizoral isn't doing **** it's not just areas I have thinning it's my entire scalp ... It first began a month ago and has not stopped , I also feel my hair has gotten worse are the medications no longer working or speeding up my hairloss ? Has anyone experience this ... Please I need some insight

Myth

Reaction score
I'm your age too man, you're not alone. If it makes you feels better, I don't think you look bad at all. Take this as a confidence booster to help you through these dark times.

Bowie

Reaction score
I'm almost the same age as you (23) so interesting to read your story. Will follow.

haz_

Reaction score
Keep us updated, following this!
I am thinning from the crown, age 21, starting finasteride today 0.5 a day.
Hoping to post a thread with pictures and share my journey with everyone!

Good luck dude!

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 4 days away from reaching the 6 month mark on finasteride, so here's a little update. For about 1 months i have been experiencing a scalp itch and heavy dandruff i attribute this to using liquid mino at night which i start 2 months ago and have been off for about 3 weeks, i jumped on 2% keto shampoo twice a week and although i dont wake up with anymore dandruff i still do have a scalp itch although perhaps not as severe. Besides that from my experience on treatment so far months 1 : extreme shedding .. months 2: moderate shed... months 3: mild shed with what looked like beginning of hair improvement .. month 4: moderate shedding no change in improvements ... month 5 : extreme shedding, loss of density , scalp itch / dandruff ... present : moderate shedding , minor scalp itch , no cosmetic improvements... I am obviously going to continue on treatment it would make no sense to get off especially since i am having no sides. i have had a tiny bald spot on the corner of my left hairline and i can see tiny hairs and one thick hair lol that has been there now for months as well as tiny hairs all over my forehead where the mino sometimes rubs off on, because of this i tell myself something has to be working or else i wouldnt have hairs there... anyways ill probably update at month 7 hopefully with some god damn improvements

- - - Updated - - -

Also want to note I bought MSM 1000mg x2 daily , biotin 10000mcg X1 daily , fish oil 1000mg x3 daily will be starting all this **** today

Attachments

• 1f3a7c78-217b-43fe-9d82-3f6188860e26.jpg
    1f3a7c78-217b-43fe-9d82-3f6188860e26.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 283
  • 4e9c6fd0-fb30-48f3-bc9a-652d569b4948.jpg
    4e9c6fd0-fb30-48f3-bc9a-652d569b4948.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 308
  • 41f38d20-196d-4f3c-9176-606cd477e0e4.jpg
    41f38d20-196d-4f3c-9176-606cd477e0e4.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 251

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man,
Progress look good.
I'm 21, been on finasteride since I was 18, so I can relate to you regarding our age. My advice is not to become complacent with your regimen and stay on top of it, just try not to let it control your life [like I did].

Your hairline looks great, but if you want a temporary way to conceal your hair loss you should look into Toppik/hair fibres.
This can help restore some confidence while the medication(s) begin to start showing progress.
What kind of finasteride are you using?

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice man , I've thought about using a concealer but I dont feel its for me it would probably make me feel more sadden once I take it off and see the reality of my situation lol I'm not sure what kind of finasteride I use I have a script from my derm I believe it's finpecia if I can remember correctly what I saw on the script, it's 1mg ... What's the timeline of your progression ?

johnson222

Reaction score
I see progress also.. what you need is to continue the treament and judge your condition after 2 years to see the final results.. also I taking finasteride too im in two weeks now so as someone here said you're not alone man.. Take care.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the support my plan is to stay on finasteride for a year assess results if none jump on dutasteride for a year if I see no results then hop off everything and take steroids lol seriously though a lot of my friends are on cycles and obviously I can't cause of my hairloss but **** I'll give up in two years if I can't at least feel comfortable with a buzz cut I'll shave it and cycle on

- - - Updated - - -

Although these pictures have different hairstyles (i use to be able to rock a fohawk, not anymore obviously) , i think you can tell ive been making gains. To me in present time i can't say anything has changed or i feel good about my hair, i feel it is obvious to others i am thinning. Just thought id share some before and afters .. red shirt is 1 month on regimen (#2 on top besides middle idk what # that is) and the other is today 6 months on regimen (probably a #3 on top). Still hopeful for these upcoming three months, expecting more gains at the 9 month mark. I believe this shed cycle is coming to its end since its been going on for 2 months, let the growth cycle begin! :salut:

Attachments

• 5f54c1c2-24b6-4b3c-b6a2-c60782bb2f7f.jpg
    5f54c1c2-24b6-4b3c-b6a2-c60782bb2f7f.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 296
  • d80ebdef-eebf-47c0-97f6-2826bef18d08.jpg
    d80ebdef-eebf-47c0-97f6-2826bef18d08.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 284

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys little update im about 1.5 weeks away from 7 months on finasteride... ill be waiting til 8 months and from their deciding whether or not ill be continuing on finasteride due do this constant itch and dandruff ive been experiencing, i bought some t gel that will i using eod and ill be ordering some regenepure dr / nt probably tomorrow and use those when im not using the t gel and see if my scalp gets any better. i also drop min down to once a day with a .75mm dermaroller instead of x2 a day. Hair improvement is minimal at best , i would be happy to stay on finasteride for however long but i just can't stand this constant itch all day. At the moment i can't say im shedding much either i just ran my hands thru my hair and noticed 2 strands although a decent amount of dandruff (btw i tired keto %2 for months and it does nothing but my scalp look worse and tight).

btw in this picture im growing out the middle to try and work some kind of fohawk like the good ol days. Hair length in the middle is probably a #4 guard atm, ive been getting tired of the buzz cut lately.

if anyone has any experience with this onset of scalp itch once starting treatment and not before please share with me if it went away and what you did to calm the itch.

Attachments

• 7fcb32d1-249e-49e7-87e8-f661958e2e5d.jpg
    7fcb32d1-249e-49e7-87e8-f661958e2e5d.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 297

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE: 3 days shy of 7 months on finasteride.. as far as my scalp itch and dandruff im seeing some real improvement regarding the itch ive been using a topical steroid for a week (suppose to use it for two weeks straight once a day) although not really visible until i scratch my scalp the dandruff is still perhaps even slightly worse (been using tgel tsal for a week might add keto). today i invested in a pair of clippers i use get a fade every week and spend $20 per, now i will be cutting my own hair and i just buzzed it #2 on top and #1 on sides and its looks just as good i feel. since my scalp itch is fading could it be possible it had nothing to do with finasteride?

mn10

Reaction score
Hey, we're actually very close in time period of finasteride, though I am 4 years younger. I'm shy of 8 months myself, and our hair isn't too different in terms of loss. Mine was starting to thin a bit more so I started minoxidil and now I'm going through a huge shed, so it looks so much worse now.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, we're actually very close in time period of finasteride, though I am 4 years younger. I'm shy of 8 months myself, and our hair isn't too different in terms of loss. Mine was starting to thin a bit more so I started minoxidil and now I'm going through a huge shed, so it looks so much worse now.
Are you experiencing any sides ? Good luck to you man lets hope for real results by one year ! I feel the buzz cut helps with feeling comfortable with the thinning

mn10

Reaction score
Besides watery ejaculate at times there really aren't any other sides. To some that's a huge deal but it doesn't actually bother me too much haha. And it's a lot less common than it was originally. And yeah, about the haircut--I cut mine really short (compared to how it used to look), but I think I might just buzz it. What kind of length do you get done?

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Besides watery ejaculate at times there really aren't any other sides. To some that's a huge deal but it doesn't actually bother me too much haha. And it's a lot less common than it was originally. And yeah, about the haircut--I cut mine really short (compared to how it used to look), but I think I might just buzz it. What kind of length do you get done?
well i cut my hair a #2.5 on top and #1 on sides with a skin fade for my edge.. although i really don't like my hair being this short i have no choice since im a diffuse thinner different spots on my head are thin so itll look stupid if i grew it out lol my hairline is somewhat intact for now so it works

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
alright i sort of lost track of my timeline on these treatments but this is basically it .... been on finasteride for about 1 year and two months .... minoxidil for 1 year 3.5 months (took 3 months straight off around 8 month mark and absolutely destroyed my hair and put me below baseline)... try RU for 4 months and did absolutely nothing besides hurt my wallet (dropped ru) so here i am....my overall experience on these treatments is really not what i expected i guess it is a success story since i have "maintained" but still disappointed in the overall result.

** my hair is much shorter than that last previous photo (#2 guard in current)

Attachments

• 200.jpg
    200.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 220
  • 300.jpg
    300.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 400.jpg
    400.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg