My story - 24 years old

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been thinning since I was 21 ... Now at 24 I can tell if I don't do something soon I'll probably be bald by 26, anyways I just got a script for finasteride 1mg 6 days ago and have been on mino 5% for a month.

The only side effect im getting from finasteride is feeling dizzy throughout the day at random times, I think this is normal as my body is getting use to the medication... I also experience a weird fever on day one of finasteride , my doctor said it was probably from taking finasteride and my preworkout supp to close together , PW rising my bp and the finasteride lowering my bp and my body compensating.

Can anyone teach me how to poster pictures through my phone I have baseline photos and would like to update my progress monthly

Mino 5% - twice day (1 month)
finasteride 1mg - once a day ED (6days)
Nizoral 1% - every 4 days (1month)

Scandinavian_guy

Reaction score
Hi
Loosing hair at such early Age is just cruel. It shouldnt be allowed..
I started loosing when I was 18/19. Will post my own story.

I think it is good that you are doing something about it. Hope you will have good results!

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
Loosing hair at such early Age is just cruel. It shouldnt be allowed..
I started loosing when I was 18/19. Will post my own story.

I think it is good that you are doing something about it. Hope you will have good results!
Thanks brother , so far it's been a month and 6 days on min and 15 days on finasteride , dizziness went away and I'm able to workout with a preworkout without issue now ... No change in hair for its extremely early .. Have been experiencing a shed for about a week , still hopeful though

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update : 1 month finasteride , 1 month and 20 days MINO ... No sides at all :) can't tell if my hair is getting worse or better, been shedding for the past 3 weeks but the hairs that fall out seem to be pretty thin anyways , the good news is that I'm seeing little tiny hairs growing on my hairline and on my forehead near the tiny bald spot on my hairline which is pretty strange ... Time is going by so slow I just wanna fast forward 6 months from now and see a full thick head of hair -_-

- - - Updated - - -

These are before pictures can anyone tell me what Norwood scale i am?

- - - Updated - - -

After pictures still pretty early but id like to update how my hair looks on a monthly basis ... my haircut is different in these after pictures i used a .5 on the sides faded to a 2 on the top and kept the middle longer, i use to have a faded mohawk two years don't think my hair can pull it off anymore lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Bump

- - - Updated - - -

Update : 1 month finasteride , 1 month and 20 days MINO ... No sides at all :) can't tell if my hair is getting worse or better, been shedding for the past 3 weeks but the hairs that fall out seem to be pretty thin anyways , the good news is that I'm seeing little tiny hairs growing on my hairline and on my forehead near the tiny bald spot on my hairline which is pretty strange ... Time is going by so slow I just wanna fast forward 6 months from now and see a full thick head of hair -_-

- - - Updated - - -

These are before pictures can anyone tell me what Norwood scale i am?

- - - Updated - - -

After pictures still pretty early but id like to update how my hair looks on a monthly basis ... my haircut is different in these after pictures i used a .5 on the sides faded to a 2 on the top and kept the middle longer, i use to have a faded mohawk two years don't think my hair can pull it off anymore lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Bump
Can anyone tell me where I fall under the Norwood scale please

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 678
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 615
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 508
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 550
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 507
  • image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 547

youngandshedding

Reaction score
good hairline, in that regard i'd say you're a 1.5-2 but theres thinning on the top. Idk how that changes the scale but yeah...sorry I don't know too much but I hope this helped. Also good luck!

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
good hairline, in that regard i'd say you're a 1.5-2 but theres thinning on the top. Idk how that changes the scale but yeah...sorry I don't know too much but I hope this helped. Also good luck!
Thank you ! I have a tiny bald spot on the left side of my hairline but I can see little dots where hair might grow I wonder if it's just my eyes playing tricks on me -_-

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question about minoxidil foam .. I have really short hair and when I apply the foam is seems to dry on my hair making it feel like I applied wax on it , is that normal and or bad for my hair ?

shahzaib100

Reaction score
I have better hair than attached photos

I have better hairs than attached one but still this thinking is killing me that I will be bald after few months. I am not sure if I will be. Currently i am using minoxidil 5% only. looking for some supplements as well but have no idea what to use....

Benjammin

Reaction score
Question about minoxidil foam .. I have really short hair and when I apply the foam is seems to dry on my hair making it feel like I applied wax on it , is that normal and or bad for my hair ?

I've considered the foam to act as a mousse. I'd let it dry then run your hand or a comb through it to get the stickiness to go away.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@cthor thanks I will for sure update on here , I feel like I will respond well to these treatments .. I can absolutely see tiny hairs growing along my hairline where I didn't have any

@ben Ya I've actual been doing that , grabbing a comb and running it thru my hair to get it back to normal

- - - Updated - - -

So I just talked to my brother and he's been using Kirkland mino on his beard and he's actually growing a lot of hair and he's never been able to grow a beard

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update : it's been a month and two weeks on finasteride and two months on mino , might be shedding 1-10 hairs now very little and the hairs that do shed are just so thin it doesn't bother me overall hair looks slightly thicker and continuing to see hairs growing along my hairline will post pictures at the three months on mino or possibly sooner lol good luck to everyone !

Angelo92

Reaction score
Make sure to keep us posted, I'm also having similar problems, still on "alternative treatments" though...

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Having one of those days were I feel like my hair is just so thin usually I cut my hair weekly and this week I've been working OT as I'm a firefighter Emt and Ive been so exhausted which might have something to do with my hair and I haven't cut my hair in almost two weeks anyone else feel like they look balder when they let their hair grow out ? I'm also pretty early on treatment 2 months and a week on mino and month and a half on finasteride ... Can anyone tell me what to expect as the months go on and from your experiences if your hair seemed thinner ? Also I quit using nizoral due to it making my hair look like **** after use and giving me a shiney looking scalp , just gonna use head and shoulders shampoo EOD

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
update : been almost two months on finasteride and two months and two weeks on mino honestly don't see any improvement and feel like my hair has gotten slightly worse i really dont know if i am even applying the mino correctly i use the foam when ever i wake up and whenever i am able to at night .... i use random amounts all over my head , i sweat alot at work and don't know if that affects the mino i put on ... any advice on anything would be great. i stopped using nizoral because it made my head shiney right after use , just using head and shoulders shampoo every other day. side note the left side of my head is alot worse then the right and to me it looks like its getting thinner is that even possible after this long on treatment? when use i see any improvements?

- - - Updated - - -

Any advice or inputs ???

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 352
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 301
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 319

greg711711

Reaction score
yes, it usually gets worse before it gets better. two months is not nearly enough time. also, for what its worth, your hair doesn't look any worse. maybe its the lighting but it actually looks a little better to me. keep it up its still early

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
heres some before and after pictures of my progress if any.... picture all the way to the right is baseline... second picture is close to one month on mino around that time i began finasteride... third picture is today close to two months on finasteride .. close to three months on mino... and the picture all the way to the left is a shot i took today in different lighting ...all pictures are under bright light via el window ... all pictures are pretty much the same hair length as i cut my hair weekly with a 3-4 on top and 1-2 on sides

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 309
  • image3.PNG.jpg
    image3.PNG.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 313
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 317
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg