My story - 24 years old

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The weak hairs fall out on finasteride and grow back stronger, that is hopefully what is happening to you.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like it#s gotten a little worse, but that's to be expected at this point, you're probably finished shedding and will soon experience regrowth. Hairline is intact. That's a very good thing.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see how it has gotten worse the picture with my shirt off is baseline and I feel like that looks worse then the rest

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Good photos btw.
So your baseline (before treatment) begins from far right and continues successively moving left (on treatment)so chronologically making the first pic (far left) your most updated.
Okay, yeah then congratulations your hair status has surely improved. Great news!
heres some before and after pictures of my progress if any.... picture all the way to the right is baseline... second picture is close to one month on mino around that time i began finasteride... third picture is today close to two months on finasteride .. close to three months on mino... and the picture all the way to the left is a shot i took today in different lighting ...all pictures are under bright light via el window ... all pictures are pretty much the same hair length as i cut my hair weekly with a 3-4 on top and 1-2 on sides

Aleksa97

Established Member
Reaction score
Help

I'm sorry for writhing here, but I just wanted to ask you guys If you can tell me how can i start my own thread for "My story". I just can't find the button that says " make new thread" or whatever. Sorry one more time.
Thanks for help!
- A.M.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good photos btw.
So your baseline (before treatment) begins from far right and continues successively moving left (on treatment)so chronologically making the first pic (far left) your most updated.
Okay, yeah then congratulations your hair status has surely improved. Great news!

Thank you id walker I do believe my hair has gotten slightly better and I just got a hair cut skin faded to a two on top and it looks a whole a lot better I recommend people doing this especially if your hairline is intact ..I'm still earlier in treatment but I have a good feelings things will get better in the upcoming months

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aleska, you have to make a minimum of three posts (IIRC) before you can start your own thread. Try again now.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the left is most recent but since then I feel like my hair has gotten worse the bald spot I have at the left side of my hairline seem to have gotten worse , I dunno if that's normal as I am almost to three months on treatment and been told things get worse before better

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone answer this question please .... I have really short hair pretty much a buzz cut , normally my scalp is not shiney at all but everytime I shampoo my hair afterwards you can see a very clear shine to my scalp whether I use my normal H&S or nizoral shampoo ... The shine is always present after washing ... Is this normal ? Cause it makes me look even balder and my hairs look thinner

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
It does appear that completely bald guys have shinny scalps but maybe its always like that and just noticeable from hairloss. I think there are some physical changes at the scalp from hair besides lack of hair but I am not sure doctors really understand it yet. Maybe try using lotion or moisturizer? Your seem to be responding to treatment thought easier said then done but try and focus on the gains.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah maybe I'll try using a conditioner as I only use shampoo when washing my hair maybe that could help ? Yes I noticed completely bald guys have shiney heads but although my hair is thin I still have hair everywhere .. I just find it strange I have a shiney head after shampoo use I would assuming before shower your head would appear shiney due to oils and after washing it should be gone

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update : 3 months 2 weeks on finasteride ... 4 months on min .. To be honest can't really tell if my hair got any better/worse I buzz my head every week and once the week is over my hair looks rough ... Kinda losing faith thought I'd have better results by now feels like I've been on these treatments longer than I have .. I will continue and maybe post a picture soon

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
I think with finasteride you mostly see results 6 months to a year so just keep it up. Has it helped with inflammation or the itch if you were suffering from it? GGuessing buzzing makes shedding less noticeable. I basically stopped shedding completely at 3 months but depends on how aggressive the case of male pattern baldness is.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
never had any severe itch or inflammation... thats what im hoping for some results at the 6 month mark. this is my hair currently with a buzz cut 976a6943-d3be-4245-a06f-9e90b1297553.jpg

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Yes youngguyhairloss, I would have to say so. Mainly because of minoxidil. sluggish absorption issues. I think you'll be okay though, if you can apply it more like 4 hours before engaging in any rigorous (sweat inducing) activities. GoodLuck.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will try to let it absorb for 4 hours but it's unlikely I mostly allow it to sit for 2 hours before I either go to work or gym

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man I appreciate that , I feel some areas got worse which I'm not too worried because my overall hair quality has improved perhaps slightly, praying for real results at the 6 month mark