My story - 24 years old

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE : Thought i'd make an update since im less than a week away from being on finasteride for 4 months. I haven't experience any sides so far and in my OPINION all sexual sides are psychological. As for shedding i can not really notice much since my hair is pretty much a buzz cut although i do know i am shedding because if i run my hand thru my hair i can see a few hairs on my hand as well as when i apply min i can see 5-10 hairs. I can see my hair has improved thru my pictures but don't feel as if my hair has gotten much better perhaps because i see my self and analyze my hair in the mirror everyday. Was really hoping my hair would be much better by now but i guess 4 months is still extremely earlier to expect much? Perhaps after 6 months is when i should really see a clear difference? Both pictures were taken under similar lighting (in front on my window). my before picture was taken in august, at that time my hair was longer maybe a 4-5# on top. Also i had just applied mino. my after picture is my current situation at a 2-3# on top. Any advice / opinions will help thanks ! Also if anyone could tell me where i land on the Norwood scale that would help too !

Attachments

• image1.PNG
    image1.PNG
    957 KB · Views: 355
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 294

Ramzii

Reaction score
Im new here, and i will post my story too soon. Thank you for your opportunity, this forum is pure gold for me

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Youngguy, for what it's worth I didn't think your hair loss was that bad to begin with (I'd wager you'd have a full looking head of hair if it was longer) but it's probably a good thing that you decided to do something about it at an early stage.
Anyway, my question is about minoxidil. I've always been apprehensive about the shedding. Does it actually make your hair look that much worse/bald or is it not that noticeable? Thanks.

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people have no reaction to minoxidil. If that is the case for you, only finasteride is doing something, which means that it would take longer for you to see a change. Did you not notice any new hair perhaps like unwanted hair on your forehead? That was a clear indicator for me that minoxidil was working.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys , I think we are our worse critic and felt I def needed to start treatment my hair looked very thin and patchy ... As for shedding I know for sure that I do but since my hair is short as it is I don't see myself looking balder plus the hairs that shed are extremely thin anyways. Gotta believe the hairs that shed will only come back thicker and stronger so it doesn't bother me much.

My good friend is a barber so I get a cut every week and I do notice hairs on my forehead but dunno how long they would get cause I get it shaved off weekly.

visc

Reaction score
I'm only 23... And my hair has thinned significantly. Does anyone have autoimmune disease as a diagnosis?

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Need some advice from people who have experience using the big 3 ...

When using nizoral is it ok to apply mino right after ? (10mins after shower)

Do you experienced waves were you feel your hair looks worse than baseline? Perhaps waves of shedding

The hairs that I do shed now do not have a bulb at the end like they did in the beginning is that a sign my hair got stronger and its shedding to grow better quality hair?

Recently I feel like my head has been itching more than usual is this normal ? Been noticing a few red dots on my scalp as well

Can working out and using supplements such as protein , creatine , preworkout and sweating a lot affect hairloss?

**been on finasteride 4 months and 8 days
Mino 5 months
Nizoral on and off for 5 months

Thanks for any help !!

yager4

Reaction score
I hope for you, find the trip that suits you.

You may have thought to use Finasteride (Propecia).

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Need some advice from people who have experience using the big 3 ...

When using nizoral is it ok to apply mino right after ? (10mins after shower)

Do you experienced waves were you feel your hair looks worse than baseline? Perhaps waves of shedding

The hairs that I do shed now do not have a bulb at the end like they did in the beginning is that a sign my hair got stronger and its shedding to grow better quality hair?

Recently I feel like my head has been itching more than usual is this normal ? Been noticing a few red dots on my scalp as well

Can working out and using supplements such as protein , creatine , preworkout and sweating a lot affect hairloss?

**been on finasteride 4 months and 8 days
Mino 5 months
Nizoral on and off for 5 months

Thanks for any help !!

What do you mean by they don't have a bulb? If they don't at all it means they are not dead hair but broken hair I think.

Personally mine don't have sebum around the bulb like they did before and I think it's because of Nizoral.

I've read a study saying that creatine increases DHT so I stopped using it

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I first began treatment I noticed my shedded hairs had a white bulb at the end and to my understanding that indicated dead hair , now majority of my hair that is shedding are just normal thin hairs with no white bulb at the end .. Could this mean at 4 months of treatment that the hair that shedding now are better quality hair than those the shedded around the 1 month mark of treatment .... Meaning every shed cycle hair quality is improving ?

state06

Reaction score
Dude, your progress is excellent so far. Whatever your doing is working so keep it up and don't think about it as much! Good job

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like I'm getting much help regarding my questions anyone have any insight ....

My head continues to itch and it has not itch before starting treatment and has been consistently itching for about a month is this because of the shed ? I have lost density although parts of my head as slightly thicker hair

Also the corners of my hairline are getting thinner is this because of the shed ?

Thanks